SiouxSports.com Forum

Potshots at Grand Forks

GeauxSioux

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave's or Roadhouse: Grand Forks got the better with Texas Roadhouse.

Honestly, what on the menu is so enticing at Texas Roadhouse? I'll have to try it next time.

I've been to the one in Fargo four times (not my decision), and found the food to be mediocre franchise fare at best. The same opinion is held by others I know with any culinary experience or a decent palate.

Honestly, what on the menu is so enticing at Texas Roadhouse? I'll have to try it next time.

I've been to the one in Fargo four times (not my decision), and found the food to be mediocre franchise fare at best. The same opinion is held by others I know with any culinary experience or a decent palate.

HockeyMom loves the ribs like a fat kid loves cake.

If the Red Pepper added a knoephla grinder to their menu, there'd be little reason to stop anywhere else :silly:

Krolls is great, but if you ever get just west of Mandan try the knoephla at the truck stop. I don't remember the name of the place, but I think it beats Krolls.

I have lived in Hibbing,Grand Forks,Fargo,Kalamazoo, and the cities were I live now. GF is the best place to live because it has everything a big city has but it is a small town. Fargo has no idenity.

If Fargo has no identity, what is Grand Forks identity?

In Fargo it's not about feeling good about what you're doing and why you're doing it; in Fargo it's all about, well, this sums it up:

Because graduation is the first big occasion for many children, parents tend to go a little overboard, Thompson said. She

To me Carrabas is a step up from Olive Garden, but I'd rather be at Whitey's. Local restaurants beat the heck out of chains, although I'm anxious to try Tavern United (small chain).

I checked it out last night. Cool place, but a little pricey. there are some drink specials each day and you can get beer from the other bars and bring them back and forth. Lots of beer choices. They do have English pub food as well, so that's different from other GF places. One buddy tried the mini burgers and liked them.

• 1 month later...

After spending a week in GF, I can see that it is not the "shithole" that the guy on Skyscraper makes it out to be. Not that I thought that anyway, but the growth GF has shown in the last 5-10 years has been amazing. I saw a number of new retail shops in the south end, the new hospital in the south end, the Canad and the additions to the campus over the past few years keeps the future at UND looking brighter. What really caught my eye was the downtown area. The Elite Brownstone project is just being completed, adding 27 condos downtown, Opera House Lofts and under construction The Current. I was also impressed with The Greenway. Quite an impressive and huge park. Keep it going GF. :lol:

If the people of Fargo only realized how non-relevant they really are! I live in Denver and whenever the subject of North Dakota comes up, people snicker about Fargo. They particularly laugh when I tell them about some Fargo residents' attitudes of being "superior" to the rest of the state, particularly GF. They laugh even harder.

Growing up in GF, I wouldn't say one is necessarily better than the other but c'mon Fargo, get over yourself and your arrogance!

Minneapolis wanna-be's!!!

As I have mentioned in another discussion in the community forum, to some Fargoians (I suspect a good chunk of them), if it's north of Harwood, south of Horace and west of Casselton, it just doesn't matter. :lol:

Fargo and Grand Forks have two distinct and opposite problems: Grand Forks has a major inferiority complex (We can't do this and we can't do that, so we shouldn't even try) and Fargo has a major superiority complex (We are the next Minneapolis, we are the biggest city in North Dakota and everything else in the state sucks). Grand Forks needs to embrace change and opportunity more often and Fargo needs to soak it's head in a bucket of ice water and get over this "the world revolves around us" mentality.

Having said all this, both cities should be thankful that they have two vibrant Universities (UND and NDSU) and that they are located in the Red River Valley (access to both Minnesota's and North Dakota's resources).

• 3 weeks later...
If the people of Fargo only realized how non-relevant they really are! I live in Denver and whenever the subject of North Dakota comes up, people snicker about Fargo. They particularly laugh when I tell them about some Fargo residents' attitudes of being "superior" to the rest of the state, particularly GF. They laugh even harder.

Growing up in GF, I wouldn't say one is necessarily better than the other but c'mon Fargo, get over yourself and your arrogance!

Minneapolis wanna-be's!!!

It is all relative. GF people take potshots at smaller towns like Hillsboro. People living in LA and Chicago and NYC make fun of Minneapolis.

It is all relative. GF people take potshots at smaller towns like Hillsboro. People living in LA and Chicago and NYC make fun of Minneapolis.

Yes it is all relative. I really don't see people in GF comparing GF to LA, Chicago or NYC. However, I do see people from Fargo comparing themselves to MPLS, LA, Chicago and NYC. I've said it before, culturally GF and Fargo are the same. Nationally Fargo and GF are the same. Culturally, art wise, school wise, ect. they are the same.

This last spring I was home for the graduation of my cousin in Williston. He is a big UND fan and is going to UND. His older sister is going to hair school in Fargo. She proceded to try and tell both of us how horrible UND/Grand Forks are. When we asked her why Frago was so much better than Grand Forks the only answere she could come up with was "Because, because." Typical person fron Fargo. They trained her well! Because, because.

Can anyone really argue that there is any difference between Fargo and Grand Forks nationally?