SiouxSports.com Forum

Lee Watch

Sioux-cia

Sorry to see him go and wish him the best. I have serious doubts how much playing time he will see with the big club, but hey what do I know. As for some of you jumping on everyone who criticizes him, he better get used to it. It won't get any better playing at the top level for a Canadian club. Personally, I hope he steps in and is the star he has the talent to be, good luck Brian.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see him go and wish him the best. I have serious doubts how much playing time he will see with the big club, but hey what do I know. As for some of you jumping on everyone who criticizes him, he better get used to it. It won't get any better playing at the top level for a Canadian club. Personally, I hope he steps in and is the star he has the talent to be, good luck Brian.

Hang on a minute here. Many people chose Brian Lee as the scapegoat for all the pitfalls of this team over the last two years, I call bull$%!# on that. Hockey is a team sport, there are six players on the ice at any one time. You win and celebrate as a team, and you lose and lament as a team, that's the deal. Criticism is fine, but I have always felt that Lee was unfairly singled-out.

I would agree that Lee was unfairly criticized at times, but I also would say that he has not developed or met expectations of being a high first-round draft pick in 2005. Lee would certainly have benefitted from another year of college for development and maturation, but he's gone to the pros. Best of luck to you Brian, I hope everything works out for the best for you in.

I would agree that Lee was unfairly criticized at times, but I also would say that he has not developed or met expectations of being a high first-round draft pick in 2005. Lee would certainly have benefitted from another year of college for development and maturation, but he's gone to the pros. Best of luck to you Brian, I hope everything works out for the best for you in.

Yeah, most players that haven't "properly developed" sign pro contracts after two years of college hockey.

good luck brian, the sioux move on. we will miss the experience for sure! hope he develops in the AHL.......the D core is still very deep and only 1 freshman and a talented one at that. genoway to D which im more than fine with. LETS GO SIOUX

Yeah, most players that haven't "properly developed" sign pro contracts after two years of college hockey.

Maybe a couple of years at Binghamton sounds better to him than returning to UND at this point. Maybe anything sounds better.

Hang on a minute here. Many people chose Brian Lee as the scapegoat for all the pitfalls of this team over the last two years, I call bull$%!# on that. Hockey is a team sport, there are six players on the ice at any one time. You win and celebrate as a team, and you lose and lament as a team, that's the deal. Criticism is fine, but I have always felt that Lee was unfairly singled-out.

Damned straight Triouxper. It is funny how a number of folks all of the sudden have seller's remorse and are now giving shout outs and well wishes to Brian.

He was a top shelf WCHA defenseman. He was an NHL first round choice. He was well recognized by NHL scouts and others with an eye for talent. He was appreciated and recognized by his teammates and his coaches. He definitely will be missed by North Dakota this year.

There are many boneheads who unfairly cried for Lee's head throughout the last severeal seasons. Now they have their tears of disdain

affirmed. Those folks simply do not know their hockey, at least not very well. As you well point out, those folks also do not understand or appreciate

that hockey is a team sport. Silly little people.

Lee will be a dominant mainstay for the Senators' big club in three years or less. Read this and weep all of you Lee Lamentors.

Damned straight Triouxper. It is funny how a number of folks all of the sudden have seller's remorse and are now giving shout outs and well wishes to Brian.

He was a top shelf WCHA defenseman. He was an NHL first round choice. He was well recognized by NHL scouts and others with an eye for talent. He was appreciated and recognized by his teammates and his coaches. He definitely will be missed by North Dakota this year.

There are many boneheads who unfairly cried for Lee's head throughout the last severeal seasons. Now they have their tears of disdain

affirmed. Those folks simply do not know their hockey, at least not very well. As you well point out, those folks also do not understand or appreciate

that hockey is a team sport. Silly little people.

Lee will be a dominant mainstay for the Senators' big club in three years or less. Read this and weep all of you Lee Lamentors.

Well said, thanks bro.

Maybe a couple of years at Binghamton sounds better to him than returning to UND at this point. Maybe anything sounds better.

Yeah, he sure didn't sound too excited about coming back from the get go. I don't know if he didn't get along with his teammates or what. Toews was ready to move on. Lee has a lot of developing left to do. He struggled with the physical play in college, now times that by 10 in the NHL.

Well we lose some yet we also win some new players it's how college hockey goes. I wasn't a huge fan of Lee's play but he did show sparks of talent at times. In my opinion he was definitely not ready to go pro but if he wanted to leave for the money and development in the AHL so be it. I think after a year or two in the AHL I could see Lee playing a couple of games for the Senators.

I'm kind of ambivalent about Lee leaving. I don't think he ever played like a first round pick during his time at UND, and I'm not sure where he fits into the Sens' "bigger and tougher" mantra after they lost the Cup, perhaps he'll be trade bait. Maybe he'll develop over time, or maybe he'll end up playing in Britain in a few years.

Either way, good luck, and thanks Brian.

Yeah, he sure didn't sound too excited about coming back from the get go. I don't know if he didn't get along with his teammates or what. Toews was ready to move on. Lee has a lot of developing left to do. He struggled with the physical play in college, now times that by 10 in the NHL.

I had heard some rumors, and anyone can correct me if i'm wrong, that he wasn't a good locker room guy. That might of leaned him into leaning if he wasnt' getting along with his teamates in the locker room.

Or 15 times in the AHL and 20 times that in the echl. Who is Ottawa's ECHL affiliate?

All things considered, I definitely would have rather that Lee stayed at UND. It won't be easy to replace his level of talent and experience on the blue line. I certainly would have liked to see more aggression and fight from Brian, but I guess that just wasn't his style of play.

That being said, I have to say that I'm a bit surprised at the money he got when you consider how his second year at UND wound down. Of course, if he doesn't play in the NHL the Senators aren't really out that much, and if he ends up being good enough to play in the NHL this year, then I guess he's worth the money.

Ultimately, I think this was a win-win for all involved. Lee didn't seem very happy with how things went his sophomore year, the Senators aren't really risking that much, and the Sioux coaching staff and players will probably benefit from better comraderie and chemistry if it is genuinely true that Brian wasn't happy.

I wish you well Brian. Thanks for choosing to play for the Sioux. I hope some day you look back at your time at UND as a positive experience in your life.

First, Good luck Brian!

Second, I think Lee did a lot better than many of us think. We were just too fixated on a certain style of play for our D (like physical D and leave the offense to the forwards, which isn't Lee's gam at all).

Third: WHEW!!! Now that Lee's gone, we can focus the bashing on LaPoint, whose play is similar to Lee's. I can't imagine this board if Lee and LaPoint were both Sioux at the same time. Lee and LaPoint would be among the team leaders in points for defensemen and almost every postgame calling one or another to be benched or signed. This will be easier around here now that there's only Finley to bash (LaPoint soon enough).

Fourth Seriously, this is a blow to UND. Lee's offensive prowess and vision will be missed. His "haters" won't.

First, Good luck Brian!

Second, I think Lee did a lot better than many of us think. We were just too fixated on a certain style of play for our D (like physical D and leave the offense to the forwards, which isn't Lee's gam at all).

Third: WHEW!!! Now that Lee's gone, we can focus the bashing on LaPoint, whose play is similar to Lee's. I can't imagine this board if Lee and LaPoint were both Sioux at the same time. Lee and LaPoint would be among the team leaders in points for defensemen and almost every postgame calling one or another to be benched or signed. This will be easier around here now that there's only Finley to bash (LaPoint soon enough).

Fourth Seriously, this is a blow to UND. Lee's offensive prowess and vision will be missed. His "haters" won't.

I agree Redwing....he's a first round pick, a minnesota mr. hockey, a 3 time world junior participant, and he was awarded a good contract, but yet to a lot of people he is no good or his time at UND was pointless. No matter how many people wanted him to be the physical player that Commie, Greene, or Smaby were, that's just not his style of play....good luck to Lapointe as he is probably the new whipping boy.

I agree Redwing....he's a first round pick, a minnesota mr. hockey, a 3 time world junior participant, and he was awarded a good contract, but yet to a lot of people he is no good or his time at UND was pointless. No matter how many people wanted him to be the physical player that Commie, Greene, or Smaby were, that's just not his style of play....good luck to Lapointe as he is probably the new whipping boy.

I'll be fair. I don't think LaPoint will start off being the whipping boy. Not with Finley still around. But by mid season, the Lee "haters" will pick up right where they left off.

And yeah, those of you are tired of hearing this, but I don't care. We were tired of your "hating" a lot time before I started standing up for Brian.

Kind of like Nik Lidstrom, Keith Ballard, Paul Martin and Jordan Leupold struggle.

Oh my god how Lidstrom struggles. As a Red Wings fan, I can tell you first hand how we fans rue every day Lidstrom is on the ice. :)

Norris Trophies are overrated. I think they hand those trophies out to the players who look best in reebok jerseys.

I STILL love the "if a defenseman isn' a physical bruiser, he sucks" mentality.