SiouxSports.com Forum

The Brian Lee and Joe Finley Fan Club

siouxnami

My point is, I wouldn't say anything on this board that I wouldn't say to someone's face, fan or player. If you think that is messed up, well.... maybe take a look at yourself.

Sorry I didn't make my post that clear. I was directing my comment at SiouxCrioux, not you. I fully agree with your view on the situation.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main point is not the occasional bashing but how it is taken out of context. Finley had the best +/- on the team. That is an exceptional accomplishment. Lee's prolific scoring rate places him with the all time greats at UND. They can make bad plays of have bad games, but overall, they aren't just OK, they are exceptional...

I think you maybe right. I don't recall it happening either.

This fan base has criticized every single player including the DOT line.

I'm too lazy to go back and check but I seem to remember TJ and Jonny getting little love from some 'fans' early in the season. No, not to the extent that the 'fans' have given Brian and Joe crap but all was not roses and boxes of chocolates for most if not all our players before Christmas. Duncan didn't take abuse but there were those who questioned his Hobey Baker credentials.

Anyway, what I meant as my point is there is criticism and there is criticism. The criticism some have received is not as bad for some as others. The criticism some have received has been respectful. While others have received spiteful, mean spirited criticism.

I just hope that the boys stay, all of them.

Sorry I didn't make my post that clear. I was directing my comment at SiouxCrioux, not you. I fully agree with your view on the situation.

First of all im not into bashing players either. But im really getting sick of people bringing up again and again and again the people (which most if not all has said much about lee) that have bashed them and how their morons and just bringing up the past. I for one dont think lee has performed well, but that doesnt give anyone the right to bash him and as of right now WHO IS? So why dont we jis drop this whole i told you so crap and worry about the present instead of bringing out things in the past and name calling on a subject that is supposed to be a positive one. Enough with the "hey lee bashers". Just needs to be let go.

Heck, when I was a student, I smuggled a live chicken into the Winter Sports Building. :glare:

Ah the good old days.

That live chicken was absolutely critical to the outcome of that game vs. Minnesota. It helped us kill off an extended Minnesota powerplay, getting Taylor and Smail some rest. Not to mention the Gophers were all crackin up on their bench until getting slapped upside the head by their coaches. It was a BRILLIANT! strategy. Not to mention funny as heck. I've had Gopher fans ask me about it 10 and 15 years later.

I have one bird story from the Farce days, 1979 vintage:

My roommate smuggled a Canadian goose in his parka. Security patted down his front pockets but failed to pat his back.

When the Sioux scored 3 minutes in, he said he was saving it for goal #10. Each of the first 9 goals, we urged him to toss it. And finally he hurled on the 10th Sioux goal of the night, whereupon its wings extended as it gently glided onto the ice, coming to rest a couple feet in front of the beleaguered CC goalie. Final score UND 10, CC 0.

My main point is not the occasional bashing but how it is taken out of context. Finley had the best +/- on the team. That is an exceptional accomplishment. Lee's prolific scoring rate places him with the all time greats at UND. They can make bad plays of have bad games, but overall, they aren't just OK, they are exceptional...

Not to argue Finley and/or Lee's abilities because they are both very good players who do get extra criticism for mistakes (unfair? probably, I agree), but to call 6 goals in 2 seasons "prolific" scoring is odd. 3 goals in the last 44 games (1 with bout 10 seconds left in 06 FF, 1 vs. Maine, and 1 vs. MSUM in playoffs) is far from prolific. However, I would say that he is one of the more offensively talented defensemen of late. To compare some other "offensive" d-men's first 2 years at UND. Roche 17g-60a-77pts, Schneider 14g-41a-55pts, Chorney 11g-38a-49pts Lee 6g-47a-53pts. He's in some pretty good company there, although Roche, Schneider, and Chorney all lit the red lamp at least 2 times as often. I'm not really arguing against your point, I just thought that using the terms "prolific scoring rate" and "all time greats at UND" are maybe a stretch.

I have one bird story from the Farce days, 1979 vintage:

My roommate smuggled a Canadian goose in his parka. Security patted down his front pockets but failed to pat his back.

When the Sioux scored 3 minutes in, he said he was saving it for goal #10. Each of the first 9 goals, we urged him to toss it. And finally he hurled on the 10th Sioux goal of the night, whereupon its wings extended as it gently glided onto the ice, coming to rest a couple feet in front of the beleaguered CC goalie. Final score UND 10, CC 0.

That was dead right? I know from Hunting those thing that a live one can be kind of nasty. :glare:

Just ask Dakota. Just wondering. Why do I get the feeling I have heard this story before. Its de ju vue

I think the 3 players that we will really need to step up next year are Kozek and Forney as we will need some additional scoring and Brad Malone (even though he is a freshman) because we are losing 2 power forwards and he is the only one we are bringing in. Also the penalty killers will need to step up anytime Hextall is playing... :glare:

I think the 3 players that we will really need to step up next year are Kozek and Forney as we will need some additional scoring and Brad Malone (even though he is a freshman) because we are losing 2 power forwards and he is the only one we are bringing in. Also the penalty killers will need to step up anytime Hextall is playing... :glare:

i agree, HUGE year for kozek, he should be on that 2nd line and be a point producer. 30 points im calling....hope forney can heal up and we can really see what he can do! really like hving another freshman coming in with him so i look for good things from him IF he gets healthy

Waiting in the wings

Another player to watch is University of North Dakota defenseman Brian Lee, the ninth overall pick in the 2005 draft and the No. 2 prospect in the Ottawa system behind center Josh Hennessy, according to the Web site hockeysfuture.com.

Lee, at 6-foot-3, 190-pound, is scheduled to enter his junior season next fall, though Muckler said the team has had negotiations with his agent.

"I have no idea what the outcome of that's going to be at this time," Muckler said.

I'm still hoping that Brian stays another year.

Yeah. If Lee has an agent, then the decision has been made.

I wonder if Muckler used the wrong term, Agents are hired and family advisors are not paid, they are working with them with the hopes that some day they get to be their agent.