SiouxSports.com Forum

The Brian Lee and Joe Finley Fan Club

siouxnami

It is so easy for us to just sit here & critize what one player is doing or not doing. If you think that you can do any better than these two, put a jersey on & let us critize you. I think that these two should get the respect their deserve for a season of hard work & dedication. Let's show our support for our TEAM!! It isn't just about what 2 people do on a team, it is what the whole team does together - that is why it is call TEAMWORK!!!!

GOOD JOB on a wonderful season not only to Brian Lee & Joe Finley, but the whole TEAM!!!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so easy for us to just sit here & critize what one player is doing or not doing. If you think that you can do any better than these two, put a jersey on & let us critize you. I think that these two should get the respect their deserve for a season of hard work & dedication. Let's show our support for our TEAM!! It isn't just about what 2 people do on a team, it is what the whole team does together - that is why it is call TEAMWORK!!!!

GOOD JOB on a wonderful season not only to Brian Lee & Joe Finley, but the whole TEAM!!!!

holy crap, i thought PCM changed is screen name :D:(

I hope that both Finley and Lee stay for next year. I believe that Finley's game improved tremendously this year as a sophmore, to where is clearly ahead of Matt Greene at the same point. Finley doesn't play as physical as Greene did, but he also doesn't take the number of penalties that Greene did either. In my mind, Finley has quietly put together an outstanding season as a solid defenseman. The +/- numbers don't lie. He has both a wrist shot and a slapshot from the point that have been underutilized so far, and that may come in a junior year. As we've said, defenseman take longer to develop. From the defensive perspective, he has been impressive and had a solid year.

Brian Lee clearly struggled in the early part of the season. Whether the absence of puck luck or whatever (I will not claim to be sufficiently knowledgeable to claim a guess) things just did not seem to go his way. In February and March, Brian has played good defense and contributed offensively. I don't feel he is ready for the NHL at this point, and I would much rather have him come back as a Sioux next year rather than go to the AHL. The anti-Brian Lee crowd has failed to notice his contribution to the second half of the season and should be chastised for that.

Let's happily welcome both back for 2007-2008.

I sit in section ### at The Ralph and sometimes I wonder why some so called "fans" even come to the games. There is a guy that constantly gripes about our D. It is so bad that I don't think he even enjoys being there. Yet he has been a season ticket holder for years.

The first year we sat in this section it was "get him off the ice" Lundbohm, then Schneider, Prpich, Green, Smaby, now "go hit him" Lee and "that big pussy" Finley. If I give my tickets away I have to warn those that get them to be ready for the abuse. This guy also never stays for a whole game, no matter what the score is. He will leave after the first period if the team is not playing to his satisfaction. It is so negative that I wondered at first who's side this guy was on (and that is just my section). I think the guys that grow up playing hockey can take the smack, but I do get tired of hearing it as a fan.

:D I wish the world was more postitive and less negative and that pretty little flowers grew everywhere. :(

Is that what hockey is? Yelling and name calling and disrespect? I see it on this board all the time as well. D-men seem to do best when they are juniors and seniors (if they last that long). Give Brian Lee and Joe Finley a chance. Maybe it is all the griping here and at the rink that bring them to their game. :p If so, bring it on.

I sit in section ### at The Ralph and sometimes I wonder why some so called "fans" even come to the games. There is a guy that constantly gripes about our D. It is so bad that I don't think he even enjoys being there. Yet he has been a season ticket holder for years.

The first year we sat in this section it was "get him off the ice" Lundbohm, then Schneider, Prpich, Green, Smaby, now "go hit him" Lee and "that big pussy" Finley. If I give my tickets away I have to warn those that get them to be ready for the abuse. This guy also never stays for a whole game, no matter what the score is. He will leave after the first period if the team is not playing to his satisfaction. It is so negative that I wondered at first who's side this guy was on (and that is just my section). I think the guys that grow up playing hockey can take the smack, but I do get tired of hearing it as a fan.

:D I wish the world was more postitive and less negative and that pretty little flowers grew everywhere. :(

Is that what hockey is? Yelling and name calling and disrespect? I see it on this board all the time as well. D-men seem to do best when they are juniors and seniors (if they last that long). Give Brian Lee and Joe Finley a chance. Maybe it is all the griping here and at the rink that bring them to their game. :p If so, bring it on.

You must be sitting in my section. This guy might be willing to give up his ticket?

Sorry - I was just tired of hearing all of the negative things that people were saying!!

no need to be sorry, its a inside joke we are referring to with PCM, just having fun...nothing to do with your post, just your screen name :p

Sorry - I was just tired of hearing all of the negative things that people were saying!!

No problem. It's just that certain people like to refer to me as "grandpa," even though I'm not one (that I know of). :D

No problem. It's just that certain people like to refer to me as "grandpa," even though I'm not one (that I know of). :D

I picked my name because my daughter has a little boy about 18 months & is expecting her second in July, so I am proud of being a grandpa & I just thought the name was fitting for me.

it's quite clear you do not know the Lees.

Just to clarify - You are right I don't

But I know people who do & I never said all the Lee's - I have only heard his Mom is a Fantastic Person (But his Dad is not humble at all) & some young & older people who do know Brian & watched or played against him in younger yrs are critical & amazed at the Hype

Brian couldn't help but be confident (if not over confident after his HS career & getting on the WJT - which I 1st saw him in & was not overly impressed - & Draft) - Yes good size & skill potential, but mistakes & immaturity, as a player at the new level, His playing skill was not there & still isn't.

I don't think I have ever personally bashed Brian & have not read a lot (bashing or what I would call bashing) here either - But in talking to people at games & in person - Many feel the same way or have bashed him & I have said to myself & to my wife (who agrees) things in frustration & :D my eyes at - that just make me wonder (& we are 30 yr Fans & spectators of Sioux Hockey)

All make mistakes, but I am just being honest, that too many of his have been glaring to me

I'm sorry if you see this as bashing - but I don't start the threads about him & it is hard to listen to the praise & accolades seeing & hearing what I've seen & heard

I sincerely hope next yr or his senior yr he can be all that many of you think he is now .........I'm done .......I hope :(

proud- what gate do you enter to smuggle in your 12 pack of keystone? :(

i never have ever smuggled a 12 pack in....waste 12 pack wouldnt even get me a buzz..i usually dont have enough $$ to go to the games so i just sit at home and drink my self to bed...one time at memorial, i brought a bunch of shooters in lol good times by all

i never have ever smuggled a 12 pack in....waste 12 pack wouldnt even get me a buzz..i usually dont have enough $$ to go to the games so i just sit at home and drink my self to bed...one time at memorial, i brought a bunch of shooters in lol good times by all

When I first got to UND, I went to a basketball game with a buddy who brought a 6 pack of zima to a game.

This is no kidding. I don't think the security was that good back in 1993, because his jacket was definately bulging. All you could hear was clink, clink.

He made it into the game I have no idea how..

When I first got to UND, I went to a basketball game with a buddy who brought a 6 pack of zima to a game.

This is no kidding. I don't think the security was that good back in 1993, because his jacket was definately bulging. All you could hear was clink, clink.

Ha-Zima. There's a warm fuzzy college memory. Do they even make that crap anymore? *is craving Pepsi Clear*

Heck, when I was a student, I smuggled a live chicken into the Winter Sports Building. :D