SiouxSports.com Forum

Get Creative!

soSIOUXme

Ok, so after all the talk about the students and getting the "fogies" into the games perhaps we should have a meeting of the minds spot. many people have posted suggestions in other threads. Maybe if we put them all in one place the creative fans can merge with the powers that be (chant starters, arena personnel, fogies, students) With that in mind I will get the ball rolling with some suggestions of my own and some that I have "stolen" from other threads.

Specific (ie. "Wookie") or general ideas all welcome.

We are done at the Ralph for this year but we can get a jump on this weekend, NCAA's and next year

Let's Rock the Ralph and make everywhere else a vacation home.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duluth: Knick, Knack, Paddy Whack, give Duluth a bone, Kick those dogs and send em home. ( can be applied to huskies in future too)

Minn: I love the cupcake tune "If you're a Cupcake and you know it..."

REA: bring back the green light/ sieve after goals or start playing that Sieve song thingy that they do at CC

Students: suggestions for after announcement of opposing player "Who's He, Fresh Meat", "Non-Factor", "We're Sorry", "Wannabe"

REA or band: Green giant theme music to go with crowd chanting "Ho, Ho, Ho Greene Giant"

Students and Fogies: More signs and fliers. If people can tell what you're chanting they may just join in. I would be happy to donate some supplies for posters/fliers etc. (forecheck if you know of worthy people to donate supplies to or would like some yourself email me)

ok I'm done for now but feel free to chime in and/or comment on my lame? suggestions

How about a loud yell of "You've got NOTHIN'!" after the last opposing starting player is announced? :D

I think that's cool. I would say it but I don't think it will catch on unless someone gets a bunch of people to do it a lot. Well I would only do it if I were sitting in the student section because they all probably would do it but not many other people do cheers besides the students. That's what sucks :)

I don't believe that the opening routine needs to change at all. Though "We're sorry" doesn't sound too bad.

The Duluth/Huskie thing...This is a college game, not High School, The Minnesota one is Squirts, PeeWee's at best

REA DOES need to bring back the sieve thing

Sieve Song is CC/SCSU not UND (also, SCSU sieves everything)

You hit the last part on the nose...MORE fliers, posters, etc...

• 10 months later...
I would be happy to donate some supplies for posters/fliers etc. (forecheck if you know of worthy people to donate supplies to or would like some yourself email me)

The only person who comes to mind is YaneA. She's no doubt spent quite a bit of time and money on those signs. Or maybe you'd like to go thrift store shopping for some cheerleader uniforms for Diggler. :)

I personally don't like the idea of everyone holding newspapers during lineups. I'd rather yell something at the players. I actually thought YaneA's idea "Who's he? A fine fellow I'm sure," was funny, although probably too long to yell after each person's name. I like sarcasm. However, it's going to take a long time I think before anything new/different catches on, if at all.

The only person who comes to mind is YaneA. She's no doubt spent quite a bit of time and money on those signs. Or maybe you'd like to go thrift store shopping for some cheerleader uniforms for Diggler. :)

I personally don't like the idea of everyone holding newspapers during lineups. I'd rather yell something at the players. I actually thought YaneA's idea "Who's he? A fine fellow I'm sure," was funny, although probably too long to yell after each person's name. I like sarcasm. However, it's going to take a long time I think before anything new/different catches on, if at all.

I agree. We here on this board can start doing it, but I'm about 90 percent sure that the rest won't.

I feel that most of us want to make some noise and it is percieved that a lack of it doesn't do well for the atmosphere.

If I were creative, I'd come up with cheers. Since I'm not, I'll leave it up to you folks and follow along with whatever you all come up with.

we showed up to the next game wearing shirts and ties and sat quietly holding signs that said things like: "Everyone's a winner" and "All that matters is that you give your best". I think that pissed the faculty off even more...just the fact that we were mocking them.

Sarcasm at its best. This seems like a popular thing to do lately, and it would be great if a majority of students followed along.

I think a good one for introductions could be divided up with the student section and eventually the rest of the arena once they catch on.

Half of the section or group chants, WHO'S HE?

The other half replys, WHO CARES?

It would be neat if it came from two different areas, but it would also work if a you and a person next to you tried to out-yell each other.

This would probably need to be started with fliers or just a big group and would probably catch on fast.

I think a good one for introductions could be divided up with the student section and eventually the rest of the arena once they catch on.

Half of the section or group chants, WHO'S HE?

The other half replys, WHO CARES?

It would be neat if it came from two different areas, but it would also work if a you and a person next to you tried to out-yell each other.

This would probably need to be started with fliers or just a big group and would probably catch on fast.

I love it.

The cheerleaders could lead using signs.

This would only work once per season, but I'll throw it out there anyway. As the last home game of the season is wrapping up, maybe after the 1:00 announcement, strike up the chant of "Thank you, Seniors!!"...clap..clap...clap-clap-clap, and keep going. After the handshake line, Lundbohm, Hale, and Palmo could come out to center ice by themselves for one last stick salute before they head for the Final Five. I think it would catch on with everybody, and could become a tradition. I know it might sound corny to some, but thought I'd lob it out there.

I love the "WE'RE SORRY" for the goalie and as long as it's not used by MN or another school I'll do it Fri and Sat with anyone else willing. I'm lower bowl 108 J I believe.

Also, for the rest, Who's he and Who cares...BRILLIANT

I'm up for both and a STRONG advocate. I'd much rather do these than the who's he, he sucks sh.. chant, AND I'M A STUDENT :lol:

:)

I love hockey!

Call me old-fashioned, but I always liked the old reading the newspaper routine (I thought I saw a few students doing this at the DU series).  However, to make this effective you need to achieve critical mass.

We were in Houghton. Got to the arena early. All the chairs in the student section had newspapers draped over the back. Stupid me, couldn't figure it out at first.

It's a good gimmick.

I like the post suggesting the Give A Dog a Bone song for Duluth, and the cupcake chant for the Gophies.

Cake eaters. Gophers. Just look at how big Vanek is getting. And I do not necessarily mean his reputation, although I do not intend to start a Vanek debate here.

We had our way with chants with Sir Thomas the Tank and his teammates in November. Next year, something much more clever and clean, and therefore ultimately more sinister, will be in order.

This is from another thread, but I still want to suggest it. I think people could change them and make them better, and I think it would be easier to chant than Who's He and Who Cares.

The only thing that I can think of tonight that would be somewhat intimidating, is if the whole crowd repeatedly yelled, "Sieve" for the goalie, "Swiss Cheese Defense" for the defensemen, and "Fifth Line Players" for the forwards.