SiouxSports.com Forum

Next year's roster

Chuck Schwartz

So which is it? Lapoint is coming for sure to Grand Forks this fall?

Can we take that as gospel then?

100%, yes.

My Magic 8 ball says your wrong :glare:

My magic 8 ball says your ridiculous in your assessment of your magic 8 ball. There is a better chance of him playing in the NHL with the Panthers next year then playing in the USHL.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless someone signs we are going to be plum full at Defense.

we will have Lee, Bina, Finley, Jones, Chorney Genoway.

I don't expect any of those guys not playing. If Genoway goes back to forward someone is going to be sitting out

because I don't see Chay sitting in the stands either. Bina earned the right to play every game and proved to be one of

UND's best offensive threats. Unless someone is going pro.

genoway is very good at either position, he is a great player to have, we will know much more when lee decides which i thin hes gone, hes the major player here we have to wait on.

got off work early today so have a couple key's....anyone want some

btw lapointe will make a good addition to the bench right by ryan martens or mike forney.

:glare: lapoint will be a very nice player with the sioux

genoway is very good at either position, he is a great player to have, we will know much more when lee decides which i thin hes gone, hes the major player here we have to wait on.

Do you guys really think Lee will sign? My crystal ball is crack, my magic miror fell of the wall but I must be missing something where he is ready to go to the pros? I am thinking he would just fine back on the blue line in Grand Forks next season.

got off work early today so have a couple key's....anyone want some

So whatt ya gonna do? Kick back, slurp down some nasty Keystone brew (assuming you're not in UND Housing, because that's dry), and enjoy the day? I hope some "Hogan's Heroes" re-runs are on for you. I loved that show:

Col Klink: Sch-h-h-hu-u-u-ultz!

Sergeant: Herr Comandant!

Just don't be watching Scot log tossing (whatever that's called) on ESPN 294. Go for the spelling bee on ESPN 423. :lol::glare:

NO ONE said Lapointe is not ready for the Sioux - But will there be a spot for him - I'm very sure Marto is coming in next yr

I should have just bet a few of you & made some $$$ :glare:

& some of you sound like someone said he (Lapointe) is not good enough or won't make it - This is how threads & rumors get started & people ASSuME things :lol:

Do you guys really think Lee will sign? My crystal ball is crack, my magic miror fell of the wall but I must be missing something where he is ready to go to the pros?

Didn't you say the same thing about Jordan Parise? :glare::lol:

I would be surprised if Genoway moved back to forward, because I think he can make a greater impact at defense. It will be interesting to see if both Marto and Lapoint come in next year. I don't believe Marto can go back to the USHL because of age limitations. Does anyone know exactly what the age limit is?

NO ONE said Lapointe is not ready for the Sioux - But will there be a spot for him - I'm very sure Marto is coming in next yr

I should have just bet a few of you & made some $$$ :glare:

& some of you sound like someone said he (Lapointe) is not good enough or won't make it - This is how threads & rumors get started & people ASSuME things :lol:

IMO LaPoint >Marto (yes I've seen them both play)

btw lapointe will make a good addition to the bench right by ryan martens or mike forney.

There's no way that LaPoint sits on the bench much next season. He is ready for the college level and will be a great player for the Sioux.

Also, I think we see a healthy Forney do quite well next year in the lineup.

My guess is that both LaPoint and Marto come in this fall.

Which will leave us with (9): Bina, Radke, Chorney, Lee, Genoway, LaPoint, Jones, Finley, Marto

With Radke staying at forward, that leaves us with 8 dmen, which is the magic number. Marto will be the odd man out, but will still get playing time with injuries and whatnot. We need him to get some experience this upcoming year, because the d-corps will be depleted the year after that. Then from the 7 remaining, you either play the 6 the practiced the best that week, or move Genoway up to forward.

That also leaves some extra room should Lee or Finley leave this summer.

There's no way that LaPoint sits on the bench much next season. He is ready for the college level and will be a great player for the Sioux.

Which will leave us with (9): Bina, Radke, Chorney, Lee, Genoway, LaPoint, Jones, Finley, Marto

With Radke staying at forward, that leaves us with 8 dmen, which is the magic number. Marto will be the odd man out, but will still get playing time with injuries and whatnot. We need him to get some experience this upcoming year, because the d-corps will be depleted the year after that. Then from the 7 remaining, you either play the 6 the practiced the best that week, or move Genoway up to forward.

That sounds more reasonable.

you dont sit any of the 7 mentioned, genoway plays forward, hes not sitting and neither will the other 6

I'm sure the staff thought at least one of the three high draft D would be gone after their soph year.

Obviously it is an inexact science. Better to have too many players than scrambling in July/August trying to find a player or bringing in a USHL player a year before you wanted too.

you dont sit any of the 7 mentioned, genoway plays forward, hes not sitting and neither will the other 6

The downside to this is that the staff has a lot of time invested in Genoway at D - you would be essentially "throwing that away" if he plays forward next year.

Some would argue he was a top 4 D at the end of the season. Moving him to F is a last/drastic resort.

ive seen marto play, im from grand forks, watched him play for central

not very impressed with this kid

if its true that you watched him play for central you must not know hockey..he would change the game everytime he was on the ice. he has excellent hands and good speed for a defenseman. he dominated high school hockey the year he played and thats the reason he won Mr. Hockey