SiouxSports.com Forum

Next year's roster

Chuck Schwartz

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But would you rather he take up a forward spot or is one of him, Chorney, Lee, Bina, Jones, LaPoint or Finley going to sit every night?

i did my projected lineup on the previous page and i acted like lee was gone so that makes genoway a d man, if lee stays then yes genoway would be a forward for sure

Well, Chorney, Lee, or Finley could very well sign...but none of the 7 we are talking about are playing juniors next season.

if we lose 2 then i say lapoint and also blood comes in leaving marto as the 7th d man with genoway at D, any word on blood chuck or i would assume it depends soley on who we lose if anyone correct??

Where's Grieco??

with his hat on sitting at the end of the bench taking notes while phil is winning game after game :lol:

seriously, he will get some games in for sure, phil has really taken that step though and grabed that spot which hasnt been done in a while for a sioux goalie.

surgery before the Final Five, I believe. should be rehabbed before next season, though didn't we hear that about Forney last spring?

i thought grieco was healed up already, i think she meant in our projected 07/08 lineup though :lol: we were not mentioning him...

LaPoint is a top 4 D - he will not sit.

So Blood must not be coming in next season? Are we to assume that, I thought I say he was either 2007 or 2008. What about Lapoint? Seriously I can't see Chorney, Lee Jones Finley, Genoway or even Bina sitting next season unless they are planning on suiting up 7 densemen, or sitting someone each game.

Edited by Goon

So Blood must not be coming in next season? Are we to assume that, I thought I say he was either 2007 or 2008. What about Lapoint? Seriously I can't see Chorney, Lee Jones Finley, Genoway or even Bina sitting next season unless they are planning on suiting up 7 densemen, or sitting someone each game.

i guess it depends on if 2 or more d men leave with blood...what a great hockey name!!

I don't think Blood is coming unless Chorney or Lee go pro. He could use that year in the USHL like LaPoint did this season. (Even though he could have played this season) So it sounds like the consensus would be that Genoway would move to forward if none of the defense go pro?

#1 osh dunc ? trupp

#watty

I ll try this again.

#1 osh dunc ? trupp if he is the real deal

#2 watty vandy kaip he may have to play wing, he has shown he can shoot and score and can play with energy and he is tough

# 3 zajac martens miller

#4 fourny hextall hamilton/ hextall

the d will be the same except insert radke for lee {gone}

So it sounds like the consensus would be that Genoway would move to forward if none of the defense go pro?

While I think Genoway has the skills to play forward we're going to be losing a bunch of D after next year. Bina will be gone, likely Chorney (if we get to even keep him this year), Radke, Lee (if we get to keep him this year), possibly Finley. We'll need experienced D for 2008, and for that reason I think Genoway needs to play at D next year. That way going into 2008 we'll have Genoway, Jones, LaPoint and Marto as experienced D to go with Blood and whoever else.

I don't know what the roster answers are or would be. I just think for the long term it would be better to have Genoway at D next year.

While I think Genoway has the skills to play forward we're going to be losing a bunch of D after next year. Bina will be gone, likely Chorney (if we get to even keep him this year), Radke, Lee (if we get to keep him this year), possibly Finley. We'll need experienced D for 2008, and for that reason I think Genoway needs to play at D next year. That way going into 2008 we'll have Genoway, Jones, LaPoint and Marto as experienced D to go with Blood and whoever else.

I don't know what the roster answers are or would be. I just think for the long term it would be better to have Genoway at D next year.

lapoint would play d over genoway so he could play forward..thats if all d men stay which i can see chorney or lee leaving keeping genoway in a d spot

lapoint would play d over genoway so he could play forward..thats if all d men stay which i can see chorney or lee leaving keeping genoway in a d spot

Which means he would only have less than 1 year of D experience prior to 2008. My point is I think we want him at D next year so that we have more experienced D in 08.

Which means he would only have less than 1 year of D experience prior to 2008. My point is I think we want him at D next year so that we have more experienced D in 08.

i hear ya, just that i think he can play either without a problem like this year. pretty nice tohave on your team!!