SiouxSports.com Forum

Next year's roster

Chuck Schwartz

dont you think its rediculous that you guys are talking about him leaving before he even gets here?

I like how no one is giving him a chance to play when they haven't seen him play. I would be willing to bet if it comes down to Radke playing or letting a freshman like Davidson playing Radke might not like the result. Just a hunch and we can revist this in the spring.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more. I think there might be a few people surprised at Radke's lack of playing time this year.

I thought Kyle was a decent defenseman but I can't see him playing a lot especially with the talent that the Sioux have this season.

I believe the stupid penalties taking will be a factor in his playing time. We will have to see. I like the fact that he has grit and heart if he can channel it.

Like I said, I am an optimist until I see something that would sway me the other way. I was only saying if the worst case scenario played out and he decided to leave, what would we be out? I think Davidson realizes how hard it will be to crack the lineup, and so I assume he is prepared to work toward that challenge, whether it be finding playing time this year or down the road somewhere.

I thought Kyle was a decent defenseman but I can't see him playing a lot especially with the talent that the Sioux have this season.

I believe the stupid penalties taking will be a factor in his playing time. We will have to see. I like the fact that he has grit and heart if he can channel it.

Yeah, I can see the point being made about leaving before he's even played, but I can't see the logic in Radke sitting.

Sure, if he commits stupid penalties or doesn't practice/play well, I'd expect him to sit, but I expect him to start the year playing.

Kozek is fiesty and Finley is feisty and huge. However, Kaip and Radke are kings when it comes to going nose to nose with opposing aggravaters (can't really call them enforcers or really even instigators as fighting isn't allowed).

I don't know who will play and who will sit this upcoming season. I really like the fact that Davidson is 6'4" tall. I can't remember (faulty memory) the last FORWARD we had at that height. If he really can be effective in front of the net and in the corners, all the better.

I really like the fact that Davidson is 6'4" tall. I can't remember (faulty memory) the last FORWARD we had at that height.

Lee Goren is the first one that comes to mind. Colby Genoway second.

This is just my opinion, but I think you guys are way off on Radke. I think the reason they moved him up to forward last season was just like RW said. They needed a little bit of grit, and that's what Radke brings. If you go headhunt the likes of Osh, Duncs, or are other skilled guys, you better be able to back it up. I don't want to open the old goon hockey and fighting is bad/good for the game debate, but our entire coaching staff played here, and the game was different when they did. They all understand the importance of "protecting" our skilled players. Again, this is simply my opinion.

I don't want to open the old goon hockey and fighting is bad/good for the game debate, but our entire coaching staff played here, and the game was different when they did, and they all understand the importance of protecting our skilled players. Again, this is simply my opinion.

I like it... Kaip displayed a skill as well that is valuable to the game of hockey...

This is just my opinion, but I think you guys are way off on Radke. I think the reason they moved him up to forward last season was just like RW said. They needed a little bit of grit, and that's what Radke brings. If you go headhunt the likes of Osh, Duncs, or are other skilled guys, you better be able to back it up. I don't want to open the old goon hockey and fighting is bad/good for the game debate, but our entire coaching staff played here, and the game was different when they did. They all understand the importance of "protecting" our skilled players. Again, this is simply my opinion.

Let's face it the officials have done a terrible job of protecting star players (unless they play for Minnesota). It'd be better if the officials did their job (1. Protect the players #2 Protect the integrity of the game) but if not....

Let's face it the officials have done a terrible job of protecting star players (unless they play for Minnesota). It'd be better if the officials did their job (1. Protect the players #2 Protect the integrity of the game) but if not....

I hear you... I cringe at the thought of two WCHA officials on the ice at one time.

That's why I'm in such a quandry. I'm anti-fighting in the NCAA. Yet you must be on some bad drugs if you think the officials will step up and do their jobs.

With two officials on the ice, one would THINK mugging of players altogether would decrease. Really, the only thing that will decrease is 5 on 5 hockey time.

THat's why I keep saying, Hak and crew need to develop 4 PK lines and work on all the permutations. They must prepare to have about a period's worth of PK time a game.

It is going to be UGLY.

i think a big part is genoways d style was maybe wat they were looking for the way he can fly up and take care of the puck and radke cant do that. hes a different player as we all know. therefore radke had to go somewhere, now lets hope he can take full advantage of forward this season as im sure it was a adjustment last year to do that after being a d man for his career.

The bottom line here is that Radke is filling a role that coaching staff has asked him to fill. I realize that there are naysayers who just think Radke sucks and that they moved him to forward because he can't play defense. That's a bunch of horseshit as far as I'm concerned.

The bottom line here is that Radke is filling a role that coaching staff has asked him to fill. I realize that there are naysayers who just think Radke sucks and that they moved him to forward because he can't play defense. That's a bunch of horseshit as far as I'm concerned.

i dont think its because he sucked at all as he playd there for over 2 years. i think genoway filled the role they needed better so radke went to forward. i hope he can produce there for sure whatever line hes on!! not meaning many points as we know hes not a scorer but as in playing very very physical and flipping in a few assists here and there!

i dont think its because he sucked at all as he playd there for over 2 years. i think genoway filled the role they needed better so radke went to forward. i hope he can produce there for sure whatever line hes on!! not meaning many points as we know hes not a scorer but as in playing very very physical and flipping in a few assists here and there!

Radke was moved to forward because Hakstol felt the need for more grit and toughness up front is what I was told. And also Im assuming Genoways play aided to this decision.

Radke was moved to forward because Hakstol felt the need for more grit and toughness up front is what I was told. And also Im assuming Genoways play aided to this decision.

im sure it went both ways for sure. they moved radke because they could afford to with the great play that genoway displayed at D during his stints there.

colorado hf draft review

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9827

Brad Malone, C/LW -- Sioux Falls, USHL

4th Round, 105th Overall, 6'1, 207lbs

Malone is a big power forward from New Brunswick. While playing with Sioux Falls in the USHL in 2006-07, Malone scored 14 goals on his way to 33 points with 134 penalty minutes in 57 games. Malone likes to use his size to bang bodies in the corner. Malone's 134 penalty minutes was second on the team and 13th in the USHL. Malone has shown good poise on the power play where he scored seven of his 14 goals. As Malone continues to grow, his physical presence should continue to increase, which could make him a valuable winger in the future.