SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Oshie Gone?

gfbugman

Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will T.J Oshie return for his Junior Year?

• Yes
    • No

I was reading in the Fargo Forum that UMD set a policy that Athletes couldn't have myspace and Face books.

Seemed kind of silly. WCCO Article

[AP) Duluth, Minn. The University of Minnesota Duluth has asked its athletes to stop using networking Web sites like Facebook and MySpace after Web postings resulted in disciplinary action last year.

"Student athletes are very much known and so unfortunately scrutinized to a higher degree," athletic director Bob Nielson said. "We're not trying to, in the long range, prohibit student athletes from being involved in these kinds of things, but educating them."

Officials haven't provided more information on the postings that led to the policy.

The school's policy refers to derogatory comments about athletes or athletic department personnel posted on Web sites, as well as pictures of underage drinking and other inappropriate behavior.

I think you have the reason right there.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you find that out?

Because I was somewhat critical of a certain unnamed UND coach (not Hakstol or any of the hockey coaches), and a couple of weeks later he/she was quoted in a Herald article as being, shall we say, less than thrilled that fans would offer up criticisms on an internet message board.

Some coaches and coaches' spouses also read this board. I found that out first hand recently.

Sorry for the omission -- I've definitely also heard from coaches about things on the site. The point I'm trying to make is that the lives of the people discussed here revolve around their sport significantly more than ours do as fans. We find the time to come by and read about it, of course the stakeholders named above also do. I always try to keep that in mind when formulating my own posts.

That same week, the same coach mentioned the subject on the coaches show. He couldn't understand how anyone should have an opinion when they haven't coached or played the game. :lol: Maybe he should of explained to us then how his team was down by 40 on National TV the week before then!

That same week, the same coach mentioned the subject on the coaches show. He couldn't understand how anyone should have an opinion when they haven't coached or played the game. :lol: Maybe he should of explained to us then how his team was down by 40 on National TV the week before then!

It's also a pretty big assumption that some of us haven't played the game--to the extent that's even relevant.

It's also a pretty big assumption that some of us haven't played the game--to the extent that's even relevant.

If you've played high school boy's basketball then you've basically played at a level equivalent to DII women's basketball. If you've played boys basketball in a major metro area, then you have played at a higher level than DII women's basketball.

If you've played high school boy's basketball then you've basically played at a level equivalent to DII women's basketball. If you've played boys basketball in a major metro area, then you have played at a higher level than DII women's basketball.

Easy Imus!!! :D

Jeez I can't believe someone hasnt posted this yet. Good news

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/i...mp;section=News

For those who cant read it

MEN'S HOCKEY: Oshie will return to UND

First-round draft pick T.J. Oshie said Wednesday that he will return to UND for his junior season instead of signing a three-year contract with the St. Louis Blues.

yeah i know I'm an idiot dagies

For those who cant read it

MEN'S HOCKEY: Oshie will return to UND

First-round draft pick T.J. Oshie said Wednesday that he will return to UND for his junior season instead of signing a three-year contract with the St. Louis Blues.

yeah i know I'm an idiot dagies

Just giving you crap. It probably isn't obvious that there was a link in that post.

I will need plastic surgery to remove the smile from my face. 3 down and 2 to go - hopefully Lee and Toews (stranger things have happened) will follow in short order! Is it to early to book a room in Denver? :lol:

This is great.....Come on Johnny. Imagine the DOT line with another season of experience. Yikes. I am holding out hope on Toews but Oshie is great news.