SiouxSports.com Forum

Explain your take on the game here...don't complain just explain

01grad

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not see the penalty on Finley, neither did the ESPN crew. The penalty on Porter at the end was a terrible call - they called him for charging, but he was coasting the entire way. The officials called some equally bad penalties against BC. The Sioux could not win faceoffs. However, Towes was kicked out at least 1/2 of time.

Lammy was his typical self, he made some nice saves, but was flopping around due to being out of position.

Overall BC was the better team. The Sioux had no answer for their speed up front. On the other end BC would not let Duncan get a shot off and did a good job keeping the entire DOT line in check. The main reason for the Sioux loss was their defensemen:

Pylon.jpg

Finley, Chorney, Jones, Genoway, and Lee were all skated around easily.

Looking at the road that North Dakota had to take to win a championship it was going to be a difficult task. First round game with Michigan that was frankly pretty ugly, Battle with Minnesota to come out of the region that was a tough game. Matchup with BC in the semi-final that was as hot as any team including the Sioux down the stretch. I think it caught up with North Dakota a bit. Contrast that to what could have been had North Dakota been seeded in the East region with Clarkson ,Maine, and UMass like St Cloud was or the Mid West with Notre Dame, BU, Michigan State. I think North Dakota would be sitting right now waiting for a championship matchup with either BC or Minnesota had that happened.

Certainly some if, ands, and buts but it is kind of sad to see the championship go to someone other than a WCHA team.

I did not see the penalty on Finley, neither did the ESPN crew. The penalty on Porter at the end was a terrible call - they called him for charging, but he was coasting the entire way.

Call me crazy, but I thought the call on Porter was very legit and very undisciplined on his part. It seemed like a potentially dangerous hit to me.

I did not see the penalty on Finley, neither did the ESPN crew. The penalty on Porter at the end was a terrible call - they called him for charging, but he was coasting the entire way. The officials called some equally bad penalties against BC. The Sioux could not win faceoffs. However, Towes was kicked out at least 1/2 of time.

Lammy was his typical self, he made some nice saves, but was flopping around due to being out of position.

Overall BC was the better team. The Sioux had no answer for their speed up front. On the other end BC would not let Duncan get a shot off and did a good job keeping the entire DOT line in check. The main reason for the Sioux loss was their defensemen:

Pylon.jpg

Finley, Chorney, Jones, Genoway, and Lee were all skated around easily.

I'll be posting the Finley penalty on youtube, but probably not until tomorrow.

Porter's penalty could easily have been an open ice checking from behind if not a charge. On the other hand didn't Duncan take a similar (if less violent) hit in the first period? Anyway I am not complaining about the Porter call, but from that point on Shegos was in my opinion in the way of the game. First he made a bad call on Finley and then he was calling make up calls in the last minutes of a National Semi Final game.

Alittle of topic but, Laupsided I think it is about time to take that Climate crisis anouncement off, people have been talking about global warming for 20 years and yet we still have a wind chill of -7 in April. I think the gig is up.

:lol: kidding right? If not you need to look into it a little deeper than licking your finger and holding it in the air for the wind direction :silly:

I just want to know one thing - did the BC player (can't remember his name & really don't care right now) come off the bench to get the empty net goal or was Lee just that slow on getting to the back. How did he beat Lee to the puck? There really wasn't a replay that showed where he came from.

I just want to know one thing - did the BC player (can't remember his name & really don't care right now) come off the bench to get the empty net goal or was Lee just that slow on getting to the back. How did he beat Lee to the puck? There really wasn't a replay that showed where he came from.

I'd like to know that too. I think that perhaps the D were down deep or maybe the guy was the other D's responsibility. (Lee was coming from the other side).

Without seeing a better replay you can't make a fair judgment about what happened. It's likely that Lee rather than getting beat down the ice showed the most hustle trying to cover the play.

I'd like to know that too. I think that perhaps the D were down deep or maybe the guy was the other D's responsibility. (Lee was coming from the other side).

Without seeing a better replay you can't make a fair judgment about what happened. It's likely that Lee rather than getting beat down the ice showed the most hustle trying to cover the play.

i agree :silly::lol: Apr 057:00 CT

North Dakota (24-14-5) 4

vs Boston College (29-11-1) 6

They showed the Finley and it was not an elbow. Barry Melrose commented on it. It was a horrible call. Shegos is our version of Don Adam. I thought he called a one sided game last night. Just my HMO.

yes im still alive. why would i die? took today off to recover from yesterday..didnt even pass out till 1030 so i watched the whole game..but im feeling fine and i still got a 1/4 quarter bottle of windsor and prolly will end up making a run to happy harrys or the rtie spot to get some kesystone light. on sale 11.98

yes im still alive. why would i die? took today off to recover from yesterday..didnt even pass out till 1030 so i watched the whole game..but im feeling fine and i still got a 1/4 quarter bottle of windsor and prolly will end up making a run to happy harrys or the rtie spot to get some kesystone light. on sale 11.98

The last time I drank Windsor I was in college and I was ice fishing by Brainerd Minnesota in Nisswa. I almost yacked on my buddies dinner table.

I can't even look at a bottle of Windsor with out thinking about yacking.

They showed the Finley and it was not an elbow. Barry Melrose commented on it. It was a horrible call. Shegos is our version of Don Adam. I thought he called a one sided game last night. Just my HMO.

Boy, there's a surprise. You complaining about the referees...........

I don't think all or our team came out to play 100%. They certainly played better at the start then they did last year against BC and against Michigan, but they were not firing on all cylinders tonite.

I feel bad for Porter, Lameroux, and Genoway. Those guys played thier hearts out. There were other guys that did too, but there were others that did not. Lameroux did everything he could to win the game for UND. That save he made was unreal but in reality, he should not have had to make saves like that. He played as best he could to win the game. Genoway did the same! The guy blocked a shot with his neck and didn't miss a shift! That's playing to win? Porter was a man on a mission. He was at times on too much of a mission with the penalties he took, but I don't fault him for those penalties. He was out there to set a tone with BC. These guys went out of thier way to win...

Where was our third and fourth lines? Where was Miller, Kozek, and Fabian?

I think the two week break hurts ND. They seem to lose focus over that time.

When it comes down to it. BC was by far the better team last night and they deserved to win. If not for Lameroux's outstanding performance, it would have been a rout!

After having some time to digest the game, but not watch the tape:

1) Jerry York did a terrific job of using the last change to create mismatches. This is especially true in the 2nd period, when we had troubles getting the puck out of the zone, and they would be changing one guy at a time. It definitely wore us out, and when combined with the difficulties the Kozek-Kaip-Fabian line had with their speed, meant trouble. OTOH, until the penalty late in the second, I thought we were going to survive all that pressure and come out with the lead.

2) The 2nd BC goal was the key, I thought. It too was set up with a zone clear that we didn't get all the way down, and that enabled BC to get fresh guys out, but we only got one guy to change.

3) When Oshie made the great play to tie it, I thought we were set. Our legs looked good in the 3rd, and the 4th line had a couple nice shifts, keeping the puck 200' away from Lammy.

4) Shots were pretty misleading, as BC threw the puck at the net anytime they got inside the blue line. I thought true scoring chances were a lot more even.

5) I thought Jonny! looked a bit tired. I was sure that Duncan was setting up Schneider by going far side about 5 times in a row, but he never got a good look late from The Angle.

Bottom line, a game that could have gone either way. Just like nearly all the BC-UND games the last 10 years...

ok, Siouxforeverbaby here. Our boys did not play as well as they good have. I felt so bad. I don't feel the loss was Phil's fault though. Yes, he was out of position sometimes forcing him to make some showy saves, but where the h-e-double hockey sticks was the defense? Overall, tough loss but life goes on.

After watching the game again, along with the post game interviews; I have to agree with Chris Porter's after the game comments on his take of the game.

We were never out of the game, it could have gone either way. The shot count for the second period I thought was questionable. When the Sioux took penalties back to back is what appeared to be the achilles heel.

But, I have to give BC credit as they played extemely well and never let up. Their defense played very well and were able to convert on some fortunate opportunities.

Would have liked to see the outcome of a 2 out of 3 game series between these two teams.

This FIGHTING SIOUX HOCKEY TEAM is still the BEST!