SiouxSports.com Forum

Explain your take on the game here...don't complain just explain

01grad

Boyle wrapped his arms around Toews several times in front of the net, and once pulled his stick out of his hands and threw it to the side. Another time he flat out elbowed Toews in the head. I was a little bothered by some of the BC crap that wasn't called, but since the game I have talked with fans from other schools and they were much more upset at the officiating than I was. That includes MN fans, Denver fans, Michigan State fans, and others. They unanimously thought UND got the shaft on the last two Porter penalties, the Finley elbowing call, and the non-calls on BC.

I was sitting by the glass by the BC fans (their fans deserved to lose BTW) and Boyle did not impress me. Everything you mentioned he consistently did, but was really blatant in the 3rd. He was taking his hands off his stick to grab Toews shoulder on most rushes to the corner. He won't last as a D in the NHL.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sitting by the glass by the BC fans (their fans deserved to lose BTW) and Boyle did not impress me. Everything you mentioned he consistently did, but was really blatant in the 3rd. He was taking his hands off his stick to grab Toews shoulder on most rushes to the corner. He won't last as a D in the NHL.

Good point. I take comfort in the fact that Boyle was on the ice for all 3 goals scored against BC in the title game. Heck, the first two goals were scored with Boyle directly in the play. Gotta love it.

The Sioux lost because guys that aren't supposed to take untimely penalties (i.e. captains) were in the box for 3 of BC's goals. Porter for number one, Fabian for number two, and although he wasn't technically still in the box, Porter could not make it back into position (from the box) for another BC goal. That being said, it was just one of those games were things didn't click the way they had been.

Lammy had a very very solid game, he kept us in the game as he has done so many times this year

DON ADAM JON CAMPION and SHEGOS ARE THE WORST OFFICIALS TO EVER HAVE WORKED COLLEGE HOCKEY ......... MEDO MEDO MEDO

here fixed your signature for you. :lol::D

Your not the only team wishing they could get a best of three. :silly:

------------

I re-watched the Rooney play several times to try to figure out what happened.

It looks like Lee comes on for Bina as Chorney is carrying the puck up ice. Chorney rings the boards and the four forwards head in deep. Lee goes hard to get all the way across ice to cover the right point. Chorney goes hard to pinch at the left point. Rooney is basically covering the area where Chorney is skating hard to get to. The goalie makes a great play (somewhat high risk) picking the puck off the boards around three feet in the air. He then makes another smooth play to get the puck off the boards and to the side of the net allowing Boyle to have a clear shooting lane and space to work with. Boyle sends it down. Rooney reads it and breaks away from Chorney whose momentum was taking him the wrong way and obviously beats Lee back for the same reason.

It really was a great three way play by Schnieder, Boyle and Rooney. I have no idea why they didn't give assists to Boyle and Schnieder.

we already did - 3 0f 4 actually.

Got back from the Scott last night. Obviously all the penalties we took late in the third were tough - but I thought the weak shot Toews took instead of passing to Oshie for an open net shot to tie the game at 4 with about 2 1/2 minutes left was also tough. With that tieing goal - the net would not be emptied and we would be probably be O.T. bound - where anything could happen of course.

I wanted to share this article from the St. Louis Post Dispatch in case you had not seen it:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...A0?OpenDocument

Great column, but this paragraph has me scratching my head:

Did you see Boston College defenseman Tim Filangieri dive across the ice in the first period to prevent the puck from clearing? It was a brilliant singular moment. But Filangieri's full-gainer save did much more than that: it also sent the puck back into the thick of traffic in front of the goal, kept BC on the attack and a few seconds later, teammate Matt Lombardi glided from right to left and flicked in a beautiful goal.

This sounds like the play Genoway made that eventually led to Porter's first goal. I don't think it's a coincidence that Filangieri wears No. 5 (Genoway's number) and Lombardi wears 24 (Porter's number).

This sounds like the play Genoway made that eventually led to Porter's first goal. I don't think it's a coincidence that Filangieri wears No. 5 (Genoway's number) and Lombardi wears 24 (Porter's number).

He definitely looked at the wrong roster before writing that in his column. :silly: Maybe he had Mazzoco's roster, where everyone wearing 9 is named Oshie.

Haha... I was kinda wondering if I had missed a BC goal somewhere along the line... But it was a great article. I was trying to explain to my Aunt the difference between the two games and all I could explain to her was that the second game was so much faster. Maybe I'll pass this along to her...

I said the same thing. He must have meant Genoway.

BC GAME WAS SWEET!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE NDSU JERSEY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BC CROWD!!!!

oh, and the JUDY'S BAR CHANTS!! you must've been thinking "how in the HECK does BC know about that??"

Oshie's top shelf was WICKED SWEET!!!!!

it was a great time in ST LOUIS!!! see you !!!

BC GAME WAS SWEET!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE NDSU JERSEY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BC CROWD!!!!

oh, and the JUDY'S BAR CHANTS!! you must've been thinking "how in the HECK does BC know about that??"

Oshie's top shelf was WICKED SWEET!!!!!

it was a great time in ST LOUIS!!! see you !!!

you are a genious :silly: bc played well.it must have been because you were there..i was sitting right next to you a section over and never heard a judys bar chant, that really woud have hit sioux fans hard, man im glad i didnt hear that..really sore spot, maybe even cried :lol: and yes oshies goal was sweet.....and it was a great time in st louis as all frozen 4's are!! how many have the bison been in? maybe 3 or 4 :sad: you must have been the lucky charm for that title game....