SiouxSports.com Forum

Explain your take on the game here...don't complain just explain

01grad

The reasons we lost in my opinion...

1)I truly believe that Boston just outplayed us. That team has a lot of hustle and now I hate them even more than I did before this game.

2)Couldn't win faceoffs.

3)Our boys were tired because we were killing penalities that I think looked legitimate, though things got a little crazy with the calls.

4)Defense didn't clear the puck to help out Lammy after his amazing saves and giving us a chance with his #1 top play save.

It's tough to win a game when these things don't happen and BC exploited these. I am really sick of playing this team and I hope that Michigan State can top them. I really don't want to see people complaining on this board about officials or individual players or the coach because it just wasn't in the cards for us again. I think the way the team handled themselves this season shows much class and I enjoyed our final run at the end of the season. I am also glad that we beat the gophers because that was pretty sweet!

Hats off to our team because we made another great run and I hope Sioux fans have a great offseason.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also feel a little at fault as well because I told some people to be sure to get me a championship puck after we win since everybody said that whoever would win our regional would take the crown. I too apologize if this brought us some bad karma.

I think the killer was the two late penalties (duh). Both seemed fair to me, and were avoidable. After the 2nd period, I felt we were extremely fortunate to go into the 3rd period still tied. BC was creating chance after chance... no way we could save em all. Having to PK for the majority of the final 10min was the final straw. We were hanging on, as it was. Considering we still made it close at the end says something for the team... fighting till the end.

One edit:

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but I think we'll see BC dominate MSU. I felt today's game winner would probably go on and win the title.

Aaron

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but I think we'll see BC dominate MSU. I felt today's game winner would probably go on and win the title.

I think you're probably right.

Also, I only drank one beer during the game and I probably should have had at least one per period. What was I thinking? :silly::lol:

The late penalties were terrible, but the killer was the first empty netter. How could Rooney be so alone down there? Did they ever show an overhead shot of the play? That seemed like 100% effort, I would have thought the Sioux players would be giving 100% at that point trying to tie the game up.

What a wild ride since Christmas! Who would have guessed that it would have ended that way ... NO EXCUSES ... we flat got beat. To give up the empty netter the way the Sioux did ... whoa .... wouldn't want to be around when when Hak chews butt on that one. ;)

Any way ... hopefully Dunc can win the Hobey and salvage something from this weekend. :D

... and now we get to see who stays and who goes ... which is always exciting. :lol:

Go Sioux! Thanks for the memories of 2006/2007 hockey season! :silly:

Just got back from the game........I think the defense (excluding Lammy) could have put on a better show. I definitely feel this was the "Title" game. BC won't have any trouble with Michigan. All in all, it was a great hockey game. Very sad to watch Porter's last game..and other's who might be gone.

On a different note, our AMAZING athletic director was running up and down steps yelling at any Sioux fan there to stand up and cheer and be loud!!!!...

Sioux fans were EXTREMELY loud and proud tonight. I was shocked at how many were there. We even met some youth Sioux hockey fans that live in St. Louis (they had Oshie signs)....it was sweet.

It's still great being a Sioux fan regardless of win or lose.

The reasons we lost in my opinion...

1)I truly believe that Boston just outplayed us. That team has a lot of hustle and now I hate them even more than I did before this game.

2)Couldn't win faceoffs.

3)Our boys were tired because we were killing penalities that I think looked legitimate, though things got a little crazy with the calls.

4)Defense didn't clear the puck to help out Lammy after his amazing saves and giving us a chance with his #1 top play save.

It's tough to win a game when these things don't happen and BC exploited these. I am really sick of playing this team and I hope that Michigan State can top them. I really don't want to see people complaining on this board about officials or individual players or the coach because it just wasn't in the cards for us again. I think the way the team handled themselves this season shows much class and I enjoyed our final run at the end of the season. I am also glad that we beat the gophers because that was pretty sweet!

Hats off to our team because we made another great run and I hope Sioux fans have a great offseason.

Well said!!!....you rock!! :silly:

Ill take a little piece from all the past few posts. Sioux did not deserve to win, mainly due to the final 5 minutes. They had their chance but blew it on two stupid penalties so therefore eliminates any possibility from another come from behind victory. Wow, dejavu from last year. 16 seconds left this year, and what 12.2 or so seconds last year to come within a goal. I knew it was over but even for the fact of the matter that this happened again was gut wrenching.

Im far from unhappy and Im surprisingly over it much sooner than I thought I would be. From our standpoint of the first several weeks of the season we didn't deserve to come this far, but once again we proved ourselves who we are as a team, a tradition, and as a well talented group of individuals and they gave themselves another chance for a national title, but fell short. The D.O.T line will no longer exsist which is probably the sadest part of all. But still we have hope, or probably little hope knowing the NCAA, that Duncan will receive the hobey tomorrow night.

But whatever, we have some kick ass nhl playoffs next week and twins baseball is in full effect. Let the sun shine, the weather become warmer, and the summer begin. Because just around the corner will be yet another kick ass sioux hockey season! Sioux beat themselves at the end and theres nothing they can do about it. Goodnight sioux fans! and fellow trollers, take a deep breath, and just know that your season ended two or more weeks ago wesseyafelleeya!

I thought even though we got outshot so badly going into the 3rd period, I thought overall our oppurtunities were good enough to make up the difference. The thing I noticed was the lack of finishing checks like we normally do. Watching the Sioux play during the WCHA playoffs, every check was pounding and was finished. Tonight, I didn't see that same physicality and hustle, especially on the PK. When my brother and I were watching, BC took six shots on a PP and the puck was out of the zone in the final 20 seconds of the PP, only because a BC defenseman plum mishandled a pass. Also, on the goal that made it 4-3, how does someone sneak in for such a point blank shot. That was amazing, and I think if we couldve killed that penalty, we would have won that game.

stupid penalties....that hurt you guys

W

Chris Porter had such a great post-season. I was disappointed in a couple of penalties that he took last night. I give a lot of credit to BC, though. At the end of the 2nd, I believe they had 34 shots on goal to 19 for the Sioux and some very good chances. If not for the play of Phil and some lucky bounces off the pipe, the score could have been 5-2 after two.

I thought BC was better. None of our defensemen, with the exception of Genoway, could move the puck. I think he was a forward when he got here so that might explain why he had some success. Chorney, Lee, Finley, etc. all really struggled.

Our 1st, 2nd, and 4th lines played well; defense had no answer for BC forwards. They are good!!

I think besdies the untimely and unnecessary penalties, our D-men were the main cause UND lost this one. The top two pairs of defensemen were basically silent all night. I think the only pair that did a good job were Genoway and Jones, who had been fairly silent for most of the year. Chorney, who was by far the best defensemen all year, just didn't have the answer for their fast forwards and turned the puck over way too much. Lee and Finely focused on the puck and not the man and cost them 2 goals. Bina was not in his typical form, he too had more turnovers than usual and looked a littled frazzeled. That being said, I think that BC was just the better team. I know Michigan was fast, but that was only a select few players. BC had 3 very fast lines and UND just wasn't ready for that. You can get outshot 2-1 and expect to win. I still think that UND is one of the best teams in the country, talent and work ethic wise. BC should handle MSU fairly easily. I hope that some of UND's players will re-consider leaving and stick around to take it all next year. I really enjoyed the season and even though I am saddened by the loss, I think the team did a great job turning things around and really put together a great season for themselves and their fans.

BC was better for one night. I'd like our chances if we were lacing 'em up again tonight. Everyone one of those guys in the lockerroom played hard and gave it their all. All you had to do was look at their faces at the end of the game. It's still great to be a fan of the Fighting Sioux.

I didn't think defensemen played well. We gave up way to many shots and the puck was bouncing around 5 feet in front of Lammaroux way too often. We were short handed at the most inopportune times. I didn't agree with the elbowing call on Finley, but that is neither here nor there. I thought Porter took 3 really bad penalties. The first period was pretty even, but BC simply outplayed UND the final 35 minutes of the game. Congrats to them, go Michigan State, and thanks to the Sioux for another memorable season.

Two things killed us last night ...

1. Giving up penalties ..

2. BC out hustled us

I don't know if getting the first lead then regaining it in the second period made 'em overconfident or what happened there ... but after BC tied it up pthe second time, it was as if the Sioux were playing in mud ... BC was intercepting passes, winning faceoffs beating 'em to almost every puck ... we got frustrated and three PP goals did us in ...

I tip my hat to BC for playing as they did, they beat us fail and square ... We finally picked it up int he last 7 minutes of the game, but we should have been playing that way the whole game.

btw ... Lammy was unbelievable! He's got a good shot at willing the Hodey Baker after that performance!!!

GO GREEN ... GO WHITE ... GO STATE!

michiganstate2sideflag.jpg