SiouxSports.com Forum

BC vs. The Fighting Sioux!

dj_hoime

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6-4 final with two open net goals by BC.....great second half of the year to the Fighting Sioux, you have nothing to hang your heads about.

Porter, Fabian & Foyt....Thank You!

Ditto. Great year Sioux. Thanks for the ride. And thanks to the wonderful senior class of Porter, Fabian & Foyt. You guys did the Sioux proud.

ND deserved to lose that game. They got completely outplayed for most of it. BC wanted to win more and came out to play that way. This was like watching the game against MN in the Final Five. The opposing team controlled the game though we had our chances. That was certainly some moronic playing at the end of the game. They take a stupid penalty and then score a shorthanded goal only to take another stupid penalty (which was probably only a penalty because Finley is tall and the BC player is short) and give up a stupid power play goal. Then they give up the freakin' empty netter...

WTF are they doing out there?

A TON of mistakes in the 3rd period.

Oshie and Lamoreaux really tried to keep us in the game.

Too bad. A great season nonetheless.

Now all that's left to do is the hating. So, bring it on. Let the scapegoating begin.

AWWWWWEEEEEEEEE to bad sniff,sniff 3 FFs and Hakstol is out!!!!!!!!go BC

You can't take that many penalties in the third period and win. BC out played the Sioux tonight. A disappointing game tonight but still a great run.

Look at the bright side....We are not Gopher fans :silly:

Apparently the only guy on the ice he could legally check was Boyle. Of course your elbows are up when you're 6-7.

Yup.

What was interesting was that the BC player actually DUCKED HIS HEAD and got hit in the head with Finley's elbow. Amazing.

No, I'm not saying BC dived or pulled any shenanigans. I'm just pointing out that Finley wasn't headhunting. He played a FABULOUS game for the most part.

I really think that the first empty netter hurt. I think Melrose was right. Everyone thought that puck was going into the net and they stopped. That and Rooney is REALLY fast.

I think we really did come a VERY long way. We just couldn't convert and BC showed why they won 12 in a row coming into this game.

At least we made it a game. GO MSU!!!! Yeah, because I really enjoy ESPN having to backtrack when their poster children from New England lose. So, BCLou, I don't have anything against BC, it's players, or its fans. I simply cannot root for BC because they already have the biggest fan in ESPN.

At the end of the game, I don't want to hear Hak talking about how the Sioux spent too much time killing penalties. Right now, we seem to be heading in that direction. It has to stop. Now.

It's my fault. As I sat down before the game I had a good feeling about the outcome.

A bad 2nd period hurt, and some bad decisions in the last 5 minutes.

I give the guys credit for continuing to fight to the end, but it just wasn't enough to overcome the deficit.

I give BC credit, they are a very good team. Good goaltending, good transition game, and opportunistic. They may have won this game anyway, but we sure didn't have to help them as much at the end of the game.

Good season, guys. The end of the season run sure made the beginning of the season feel like it was years ago.

Bummer.

I'm gonna miss Porter, Fabian, and yes even Foyt. I'm also sad cause the possible departure of our star players like Toews and Oshie is very foreboding...:silly:

What's the consensus about how the Sioux will be next year without those guys? At least they'll have Duncan, Watkins and some others and they'll be solid at defense and in goal next year.

I'm just pointing out that Finley wasn't headhunting. He played a FABULOUS game for the most part.

I guess you were watching a different Finley than I was. I'm not blaming him for anything, but I certainly think he didn't play one of his best games.

Dear Hockey gods,

PLEASE LET MICHIGAN STATE BEAT BC ON SATURDAY!!! I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANOTHER DOUG FLUTIE LOVE FEST ON ESPN!!!

The amount of times they showed BC fans during breaks was also very sickening. They showed BC fans 10x more than they showed a Sioux fan. Grossing me out >.<