SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Facts

The Whistler

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hotter than hell in Grand Forks because that's where I am. :)

I thought it was because it was July. Look, I am not going to complain. :lol:

I like Winter because of hockey but I bet it's more fun to watch a game in January in Tampa or California than MPLS or Grand Forks, ND.

I thought it was because it was July. Look, I am not going to complain. :lol:

I like Winter because of hockey but I bet it's more fun to watch a game in January in Tampa or California than MPLS or Grand Forks, ND.

No way. Walking out of a hockey game and having it not be 10 degrees and windy is just wrong.

Its the 40- with wind that I don't like. 10 degrees is warm. ;)

c'mon. don't be a wimp! ;) I once had a conversation with a lady whose was complaining about the walk from her car in the parking lot before a game. I told her to come wait outside for an hour with the students and then we would talk about cold! :)

c'mon. don't be a wimp! ;) I once had a conversation with a lady whose was complaining about the walk from her car in the parking lot before a game. I told her to come wait outside for an hour with the students and then we would talk about cold! :)

Umm, back in my day they (not me I was special ;) ) waiting outside all night to get good seats AFTER waiting in line earlier in the week to get tickets to get in the building. So who says she didn't put her time in.

I waited a few times but that was with the help of anti-freez

Back in my day, the team was only average, you waited in long lines in -20, for a chance to sit on a slivery 2x10 where it was -40 inside the building. The new winter sports building was way too warm.

Back in my day, the team was only average, you waited in long lines in -20, for a chance to sit on a slivery 2x10 where it was -40 inside the building. The new winter sports building was way too warm.

The fans just weren't the same.

Remember how the only warm spot was the concessions area which you couldn't see for the smoke and couldn't budge an inch for all of the people crowding in?

Not really a Fighting Sioux fact, but a WCHA hockey fact...

Michael (Joe Mexico) Vick will be attending multiple hockey games this year while suspended from the Falcons...those games being Duluth vs. Mich. Tech, St. Cloud vs. Tech, and St. Cloud vs. Duluth, that way he can get his dog fighting fix in during his off time. And before you ask...Yes, he is bringing his water bottle.

Not really a Fighting Sioux fact, but a WCHA hockey fact...

Michael (Joe Mexico) Vick will be attending multiple hockey games this year while suspended from the Falcons...those games being Duluth vs. Mich. Tech, St. Cloud vs. Tech, and St. Cloud vs. Duluth, that way he can get his dog fighting fix in during his off time. And before you ask...Yes, he is bringing his water bottle.

Actually it was Ron Mexico :silly:

Remember the hot Dr. Pepper served in an 8 oz styrofoam cup? Man - I thought I died and gone to hell.

The fans just weren't the same.

Remember how the only warm spot was the concessions area which you couldn't see for the smoke and couldn't budge an inch for all of the people crowding in?

Fortunately, you could store enough booze to host a party in those old Air Force parkas--plus the ushers and everybody else knew you needed booze to survive.

And the lines at the urinals were brutal.

Fortunately, you could store enough booze to host a party in those old Air Force parkas--plus the ushers and everybody else knew you needed booze to survive.

Especially because when the doors finally opened after waiting outdoors drinking booze for two hours, you had to first secure your seats in the general admission student section before running to the urinals. :silly:

Hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps!! At least you men had more urinals than we ladies had toilets!!

Umm, back in my day they (not me I was special :D ) waiting outside all night to get good seats AFTER waiting in line earlier in the week to get tickets to get in the building. So who says she didn't put her time in.

she maybe did, but it didn't look like it. But I apologize or you might send Joe after me.

Umm, back in my day they (not me I was special :D ) waiting outside all night to get good seats AFTER waiting in line earlier in the week to get tickets to get in the building. So who says she didn't put her time in.

You missed out on the waiting all night thing. We would leave The Spud go to the Winter Sports Building and wait in line until they opened the ticket office the next morning. At that time Wisconsin (early '80's) Wisconsin was "the ticket" to get. We had a lot of fun during those icy nights.