SiouxSports.com Forum

An Excellent Read On The Sioux Logo

NanoBison

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

average liberal drool, poor-me story. The part about not getting special race-based scholarships is laughable. The Native American studies program should be abolished the same day the nickname is gone. I'm sure UND could find a much better way to allocate precious resources.

Unfortunetely, blogs like this will continue until we get rid of the name, once and for all. Maybe we could retire the name and put in the trophy case beside the nickel? One look at the "Sammy Sioux" picture should tell you what the history is behind our name. I say drop the name and move on. Why be held hostage to a name by every blogger then comes along? And yes, I really am a UND grad.

Unfortunetely, blogs like this will continue until we get rid of the name, once and for all. Maybe we could retire the name and put in the trophy case beside the nickel? One look at the "Sammy Sioux" picture should tell you what the history is behind our name. I say drop the name and move on. Why be held hostage to a name by every blogger then comes along? And yes, I really am a UND grad.

Oh no, a blogger!!! Whatever shall we do? God knows blogs are the exclusive purview of the top .00009%. :silly:

I never knew UND had a "short bus" program. I figured you were an 'su grad.

The pictures mainly show what has not been seen/done in decades. The new pictues, IMHO based on posts made on this forum, were created by a (the) name changer(s) when no evidence to support his (their) accusations of hostility and abuse were found. :silly:

Bloggers? The only time I've read one is in a case such as this, someone posted the link. I wish I hadn't bothered. But I do have to admit seeing GK's work being cited as fact did make me laugh out loud. :D

Citing BRIDGES is one thing, but citing Ward Churchill as a reputable source?

Following an investigation of Churchill's past research, the University's Standing Committee on Research Misconduct recommended Churchill be sanctioned for repeated acts of "serious research misconduct." On June 26, 2006, CU Interim Chancellor Phil DiStefano issued a notice of intent to dismiss Churchill from his faculty position at the University of Colorado Boulder.[3] Churchill has been "relieved of his duties by interim chancellor Phil DiStefano, but he will stay on the CU payroll until the termination is final."[4] Some observers infer that the current investigation is in retaliation for Churchill's controversial statements about the World Trade Center attacks because it began in the midst of national media coverage of his statements.[5][6] Other observers note that Churchill was accused of

TRex, Sarcasm? If so, disregard the rest of the post. Otherwise, MOVE TO FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would you possibley let a couple of bloggers dictate your decision to "retire the name and put in the trophy case beside the nickel?" Why not stand up for what you believe in, instead of waving the white flag to surrender at the first sign of trouble?

Citing BRIDGES is one thing, but citing Ward Churchill as a reputable source?

Mr. Churchill is at best an expert on how to strip one's self of a tenured university position via research misconduct.

Who's political affilation is Liberal. That being said he isn't what I would consider a credible or reputable source.

I see that Ward isn't claiming to be a native American anymore, seems there was questions if he actually lied about his ethnic back ground.

The man is what's wrong with American disenting poltics. Ward is part of the blame America first crowd, the blame Bush for all of our problems on and on.

Has nothing to do with being liberal. I'm liberal and at the same time very strongly opposed to the name-change crowd.

I would venture that just because you aren't PC, most liberals are. Not all liberals are PC nuts, but all PC nuts are liberals.

*The word all used in my post refers to a huge majority, not necessarily ever single person. I am sure you can find a conservative PC wack job, but they are few and far between.

average liberal drool, poor-me story. The part about not getting special race-based scholarships is laughable. The Native American studies program should be abolished the same day the nickname is gone. I'm sure UND could find a much better way to allocate precious resources.

[ the article? same old stuff, as somebody wiser than me said]

I am proud to say my alma mater does arguably the most, and the best, of big state-sponsored universities, to provide opportunities for Native Americans, including all the programs which have been well-documented on these pages. I hope UND continues to be a leader in that area.

Sports is entertainment. Finding a way out of poverty by getting an education is real life.

(Not that I get a vote on stuff like this, but) I'd vote in a heartbeat for spending money to provide those opportunities.

Wow! Just read that "report". A few words come to mind..... Drivel, Comical, Pathetic.

I like how he writes in the condescending tone though! If you don't agree with this it is either because you are dumb or ignorant. What a tool.

• 3 weeks later...

Really long... Pretty much just skimmed through the whole thing. It's a very well-researched article though.

PS. We do NOT have a mascot, thank you very much!

Why is it that Sioux fans make such a point of insisting that UND does not have a "mascot"? Why does the definition of that word make any difference?

Why is it that Sioux fans make such a point of insisting that UND does not have a "mascot"? Why does the definition of that word make any difference?

because we can't have a hostile or abusive mascot if no such mascot exists and the fact that FSU has a mascot but is not considered hostile and abusive,but UND who does NOT have a mascot is hostile and abusive.