SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional TV Coverage

fargosioux

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this distinction won't mean much to most people, but officially, the game is NOT being carried by the Fighting Sioux Sports Network (FSSN). It will likely be carried by Midocontinent and broadcast on Channel 23, the usual FSSN channel.

You sound like a Lawyer :angry:

Anybody in viewing area have a Slingbox?:angry:?:lol:??

It sure looks like this may be the only way to watch these games live in the Twin Cities. I better call my mom in GF to see if she got high speed internet access installed to Sling channel 23.

Anybody in viewing area have a Slingbox?:angry:?:lol:??

I have a Slingbox but I don't know if it will be on in Iowa. I have both CSTV and the FTA for FSSN. I guess time will tell if it is going to be on and broadcast to IA either by CSTV on cable or via satellite feed to FTA.

As someone firmly stuck in the early 70's, I have to ask--what is a "slingbox." Can I hook it up to my quadrophonic stereo? Can I get one installed in my Pacer? :lol:

:angry: a device to watch tv from anywhwhere really, hooks up to tv and converts to your broadband computer...i have been looking into one of these....

http://us.slingmedia.com/page/home

review i found

The good: Works with Macs, Windows PCs and Windows Mobile handhelds and cell phones; simple, straightforward setup; no host PC or monthly charges required; decent video quality; easy-to-use viewing software.

The bad: No built-in wireless networking support; monopolizes the attached device.

The bottom line: If you can't live without your favorite shows, the Sling Media Slingbox is the best way to beam them to any broadband-connected PC or Windows Mobile device in the world.

As someone firmly stuck in the early 70's, I have to ask--what is a "slingbox." Can I hook it up to my quadrophonic stereo? Can I get one installed in my Pacer? :angry:

I have one in my Gremlin, so I'm sure there's a model for the Pacer. :lol:

As someone firmly stuck in the early 70's, I have to ask--what is a "slingbox." Can I hook it up to my quadrophonic stereo? Can I get one installed in my Pacer? :angry:

LOL, hmm not sure if you could hook up a quadrophonic stereo to it, not unless it had a/v outputs which I doubt. Sure, you can install anything in a Pacer. Does it have an 8-track player? I am sure you could hook up a harness to that and hook it into the slingbox. Then you would have to buy a satellite or cell phone based internet to sling what you are listening to anywhere in the world to your friends.

Ok, actually it is a device to take any audio/visual (cable, satellite, radio, etc...) and "Sling" it across the internet to anyone with a computer and the Slingbox software downloaded to their computer. It takes high speed internet on both sides for it to work. But when it does, it is cool. I watched the Sioux play hockey down in Orlando out by the pool on my fiances computer drinking adult beverages this past fall. Yeah, my fiance thinks it is a bit much to have the FTA satellite hooked into the slingbox watching it anywhere in the world. I have also watched them play at coffee shops. Basically anywhere with wifi works. There have been people watching their home cable on an airplane at 37,000 feet!

This is the model I have. I think I am going to get the Pro version so I don't have to switch so much.

Slingbox

I have a Slingbox but I don't know if it will be on in Iowa. I have both CSTV and the FTA for FSSN. I guess time will tell if it is going to be on and broadcast to IA either by CSTV on cable or via satellite feed to FTA.

If there is no FTA and Sensors (Bloomington) cannot pick it up (I suspect they cannot without FTA and no live FOX feed) then perhaps we could get somone to Sling it and we can play it off a laptop (projected to big screen) at Sensors. Not really that hard to do.

Hennesey is great, but will simply not suffice for a regional. Must see TV indeed.

If there is no FTA and Sensors (Bloomington) cannot pick it up (I suspect they cannot without FTA and no live FOX feed) then perhaps we could get somone to Sling it and we can play it off a laptop (projected to big screen) at Sensors. Not really that hard to do.

Hennesey is great, but will simply not suffice for a regional. Must see TV indeed.

Hell, broadcast the video and listen to Hennesey! Otherwise we have to listen to the drivel on FSN.

Hell, broadcast the video and listen to Hennesey! Otherwise we have to listen to the drivel on FSN.

Unfortunately, that's a bad idea. It messes with your brain. The audio is a second or two ahead of the video. I like listening to him too...but I agree with Sieve...MUST SEE TV!