SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be handled the same way Lucia handled the Blarney underage drinking scandal....do nothing.

You know that for a FACT ??

Like he said (as did Hakstol), it was handle internally.......and it was !! I know that for a FACT.

That being said..........Bina looks like the only who really on hook on here. TJ & Jt were not cited for consumption, just for being there..........hardly an earth shattering event. But, depending on what Bina did or didn't do (and none of know), that could be a much more serious issue.

You are 100% correct - to hell with personal accountability for one's actions.

for sitting in a bar underage, big woopin deal, now if more comes out then a suspension will be warranted, but for now this is petty petty

Like he said (as did Hakstol), it was handle internally.......and it was !! I know that for a FACT.

That being said..........Bina looks like the only who really on hook on here. TJ & Jt were not cited for consumption, just for being there..........hardly an earth shattering event. But, depending on what Bina did or didn't do (and none of know), that could be a much more serious issue.

right, bna may be the one suspended here, no CONSUMPTION tickets people, that would maybe warrant a suspension

Wow, I must be an old fart. Has it really come to this, "comparable to a parking ticket?". I was no angel back in the day....minor was a bigger deal than a parking ticket. No one is saying the boys are axe murderers.....but there needs to be consequences. That is for the law enforcement system and the coaching staff to decide. I'd like to get back to the business of winning hockey games as much as anyone else here. Hakstol's going to earn his money on this one...that's for sure.

If college kids did what us "old farts" did out in the open outside the dorms, on university ave sidewalks during the day and night, they would get so many minors it would more than double the tuition costs. It's a good thing that the public has cracked down on alcohol use, especially as it relates to drinking and driving, but we got away with way more than any college kids can today. And it wasn't because we were smart and careful about what we did.

You are 100% correct - to hell with personal accountability for one's actions.

What don't you people understand? No consequences? If there weren't consequences there wouldn't be 8 pages of this s&!t on a message board. I'm pretty sure the boys are well aware of the mistake they made. They have the citation's to prove that. I'm also sure that the local law enforcement people, as well as the people from UND are going to handle it the way they see fit. That is good enough for me. This has been blown way out of proportion, and it all started with those f$%k-heads at WDAZ, and the cowardly person that ratted them all out in the first place.

for sitting in a bar underage, big woopin deal, now if more comes out then a suspension will be warranted, but for now this is petty petty

Obviously you are much smarter than I am as you are able to distinguish between those laws that can be broken and those that cannot be broken. Silly me, I thought that laws were made for a reason and if you violated those laws there were consequences for one's actions.

So please enlighten me of the laws/rules/regulations that should be followed and those that can be ignored.

What don't you people understand? No consequences? If there weren't consequences there wouldn't be 8 pages of this s&!t on a message board. I'm pretty sure the boys are well aware of the mistake they made. They have the citation's to prove that. I'm also sure that the local law enforcement people, as well as the people from UND are going to handle it the way they see fit. That is good enough for me. This has been blown way out of proportion, and it all started with those f$%k-heads at WDAZ, and the cowardly person that ratted them all out in the first place.

I agree with most of this, but don't kill the messenger, Triouxper.

Obviously you are much smarter than I am as you are able to distinguish between those laws that can be broken and those that cannot be broken. Silly me, I thought that laws were made for a reason and if you violated those laws there were consequences for one's actions.

So please enlighten me of the laws/rules/regulations that should be followed and those that can be ignored.

The consequences are "pay your fine" and move on, just like any other college student does.

There isn't a single person here that said they didn't break any laws. They got cited for minor on premissis, by the GFPD. Fines and court hearings are forthcoming I would guess. Do you still say there are no consequences? This is all before the local asshole media has there fun with it, and not to mention the coaching staff, ect. punishing them how they see fit. No consequences? What the hell is wrong with some of you people?

You are missing the point. There are laws like traffic violations that result in fines. They are technically not crimes. If you get a speeding ticket, you probably should not be suspended, although technically you have broken the "law" as there are statutes and ordinances that prohibit speeding. Alcohol related offenses like minor in possession are also not crimes, unless they involved driving or the like (DUI's are a misdemeanor). Misdemeanors are crimes, but are not serious and usually only involve fines. Felonies are typically punishable by imprisonment. This is an oversimplification, but you should get the point.

The point is that we all break "laws" every day, such as speeding or jaywalking. There may be a fine or other consequence, but suspension from team sports should really not be an option. This offense is much closer to a speeding ticket and does not deserve a suspension. That is not to say it is "ignored." The consequences are the fine and the record, as well as what the coach decides for violation of team rules. However, this really isn't a big deal.

We its been discussed to death over at the Gopher love Feast web site. Exactly handle this in house.

You are missing the point. There are laws like traffic violations that result in fines. They are technically not crimes. If you get a speeding ticket, you probably should not be suspended, although technically you have broken the "law" as there are statutes and ordinances that prohibit speeding. Alcohol related offenses like minor in possession are also not crimes, unless they involved driving or the like (DUI's are a misdemeanor). Misdemeanors are crimes, but are not serious and usually only involve fines. Felonies are typically punishable by imprisonment. This is an oversimplification, but you should get the point.

The point is that we all break "laws" every day, such as speeding or jaywalking. There may be a fine or other consequence, but suspension from team sports should really not be an option. This offense is much closer to a speeding ticket and does not deserve a suspension. That is not to say it is "ignored." The consequences are the fine and the record, as well as what the coach decides for violation of team rules. However, this really isn't a big deal.

They are status offenses and really not very serious, like smoking before your 18 years old.

Triouxper, you are the saying it is no big deal. To you perhaps not but to others , including myself, it is a big deal for numerous reasons.

(1) The Sioux have established some excellent momentum over the last several weeks and to have that disrupted by a poor choice by 2 or 3 individuals is unfair for the team. Hopefully, it will have no bearing but it sure as heck is not going to help.

(2) I have alway been impressed with how the team has conducted themselves both on and off the ice. It has always seemed to me that they have handled themselves in a profesional manner. I do not want to see that diminished. We have program to be very proud of and I want it to remain that way.

(3) I believe in personal accountability. The players in question put themselves into a postion that they should not have been in and as a result they should pay for it. With that being said, I agree with you that it should be handled internally and I am positive Hak will enact a punishment that he sees fit.

End of rant.

I can't believe this thread is taking away from discussing hockey. Toew's mother is French Canadian so chances are he has been having wine with his meals for several years now. JT drinks alcohol, so get over it. Kids from Oshies hometown have been hopping across the border to Canada so they can legally drink for years now. Oshie obviously has had some suds, so get over it. Do you think anybody who matters really cares about this minor offence. If they do, GET OVER IT. :silly:

Triouxper, you are the saying it is no big deal. To you perhaps not but to others , including myself, it is a big deal for numerous reasons.

(1) The Sioux have established some excellent momentum over the last several weeks and to have that disrupted by a poor choice by 2 or 3 individuals is unfair for the team. Hopefully, it will have no bearing but it sure as heck is not going to help.

(2) I have alway been impressed with how the team has conducted themselves both on and off the ice. It has always seemed to me that they have handled themselves in a profesional manner. I do not want to see that diminished. We have program to be very proud of and I want it to remain that way.

(3) I believe in personal accountability. The players in question put themselves into a postion that they should not have been in and as a result they should pay for it. With that being said, I agree with you that it should be handled internally and I am positive Hak will enact a punishment that he sees fit.

End of rant.

Ok, you win. These two little bastard's should be shot, hung, and pissed on, immediately. How dare they offend a bunch of fair-weather fans with these atrocities against humanity. Bring forth the firing squad, the earth will be a better place without scum like this. You must work for those assholes at the herald, or maybe wda-ssholes.

This has been blown way out of proportion, and it all started with those f$%k-heads at WDAZ,

Replace WDAZ with FOX9 and this quote sounds exactly like what Gopher fans were saying a year ago. Funny how it was Sioux fans saying they should be suspended multiple games and that Lucia is handling the situation badly by simply saying it will be handled internally. You people were ALL OVER Lucia for his response. Now Hakstol says the EXACT same thing and all of a sudden the moral outrage of Sioux fans no longer exists. Strange how that works isn't it?

For the record, I think Hakstol should handle it internally. He shouldn't announce to the public what their punishments will be just like Lucia didn't. I don't believe they deserve any game suspensions because then you're essentially punishing the whole team for the actions of a few.

Ok, you win. These two little bastard's should be shot, hung, and pissed on, immediately. How dare they offend a bunch of fair-weather fans with these atrocities against humanity. Bring forth the firing squad, the earth will be a better place without scum like this. You must work for those assholes at the herald, or maybe wda-ssholes.

Shoot the messengers, they violated the law, no wait they did thier job, reporting on something that the community is interested in. This would have leaked out eventually, might as well report it, it is news. They are very public figures in Grand Forks.

I can't believe this thread has gotten as long as it has.

They screwed up. So what, everyone does. Learn from it and move on. It's not for any of us to decide what should or should not happen. It's between the CJ system and what Hak decides to do with HIS team.

Upstanding citizens get arrested everyday......most of them just made a mistake. The mistake isn't nearly as important as what you learn from the mistake.

Geeze. Triouxper, take a deep breath. Now exhale. There. :) (Dont get pi$$ed over that, it's meant to be on the light side of things.)

People have their own opinions of what punishment should be for this. In the long run, it's not up to us. It lies in the hands of the law and with Hak. All we can do is hope that it is handled the way it would be if it was ANY OTHER PERSON, not because they are 3 college student athletes.

What did the prof from NDSU do wrong? He didn't break the law and no arrests were made. He was basically shooting blanks in his garage. No big deal. If he wasn't a NDSU professor would you have sited this??? Doubt it.

I dunno, just maybe showed poor judgement, possibly terrorized his neighbors/neighborhood with the sound of gunshots, shut down a major street, and cycled Fargo PD for a couple hours.

Eh, not much I guess.

Police blocked off Elm Street North near the 2700 block after receiving a complaint of shots fired.