SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Toews, Bina trouble

proudsioux

One has to wonder who ratted these guys out. It seems odd that Grand Forks PD would be doing a "spot check" of Judy's Tavern on a Sunday night.

BINGO. I smell a rat folks. A big, fat, hairy, nasty, s&!t-eating rat. As for WDAZ I would like to say a big f$%k you for the waaaaaaaaaaaaay blown out of proportion news report. To all of the two faced fans, remember what you say about these guys now, when you are standing in line to get a picture with them and have your jersey signed, freakin' bull$%!#.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know this is really heartbreaking!! I mean for a young Sioux fan like me I really looked up to Towes and especially Oshie!! I understand that they beat the gophers but they could have celebrated differently!! I was reading in the paper and it said that Bina who is 24 years old might get charged with obstructing a police officer!! I never even thought that they would do any of this, but I guess they did :D maybe i am wrong about being mad and sad, but a lot of people looked up to Oshie and Towes, especially young fans!! I this the impression they want to have on their young fans?? :silly: I still love these guys but i guess they just made a bad decsion!!

I know what's going on. That picture of JT and the beer bong was taken after JT dropped the F-bomb following his excitement after the Canada win at the World Jrs in Sweden and his teammates were just making him clean his mouth out with beer instead of soap.

The night at Judy's Tavern was simply Robbie Bina helping JT out again because he probably dropped the F-bomb after the Minnesota sweep. TJ Oshie was probably just there helping him, because they are friends and he dislikes all the cussing JT has been doing after winning games lately. So Robbie Bina is my hero now and they need to drop the charges against him. :silly:

This is speculation but, it sounds like Robbie went off on the old...."Do you know who we are?....Do you know who they are?". Not a good thing to do with Johnny Law.

Throw the book at Judy's. They're felling all cool, and #$%, because the hockey team drinks there. The booze industry is heavily regulated with many legit problems. If you can't cover these simple, no-brainer, operational decisions, you need to get slammed back into line. The severity of the puishment will depend on their history of past offenses, if there is any.

Minors having a few, nothing new. Licensed establishments with this flagrant of a violation...way outside the lines.

BINGO. I smell a rat folks. A big, fat, hairy, nasty, s&!t-eating rat. As for WDAZ I would like to say a big f$%k you for the waaaaaaaaaaaaay blown out of proportion news report. To all of the two faced fans, remember what you say about these guys now, when you are standing in line to get a picture with them and have your jersey signed, freakin' bull$%!#.

must have been a Potulny in there Sunday night!

Ah......isn't it great how no one else ever makes mistakes.

They're kids. They made a mistake. They'll pay for their mistake, and hopefully they will learn from their mistake. Let it go.

Let's play hockey.

I agree, lets play hockey. They made a mistake. But, they'll bounce back from it and be able to put it all behind them once they get back on the ice and start flying up and down the rink. This isn't going to hold down two of the brightest stars on college hockey's stage.

Like Triouxper said, it's nice to see so much support from all the two faced fans who went from cheering for these guys last weekend to throwing them under the bus today.

Lets not let this bump in the road overshadow what they've accomplished after Xmas. They could very well bring us home an NCAA title in April, and then this will all be water under the bridge.

You know this is really heartbreaking!! I mean for a young Sioux fan like me I really looked up to Towes and especially Oshie!! I understand that they beat the gophers but they could have celebrated differently!! I was reading in the paper and it said that Bina who is 24 years old might get charged with obstructing a police officer!! I never even thought that they would do any of this, but I guess they did :lol: maybe i am wrong about being mad and sad, but a lot of people looked up to Oshie and Towes, especially young fans!! I this the impression they want to have on their young fans?? :silly: I still love these guys but i guess they just made a bad decsion!!

A little word of advice...Dont always take the media seriously...or never take them seriously I should say. It sounds worse than it really is(we dont know the whole story and probably wont, other than the mindless medias side of it). Its not like it said..Bina, stabs a police officer! Obstruction is probably harmless in this story, and thanks to the media and fellow law enforcement, they blew it out of proportion :D

I'm not saying throw the boys to the wolves. BUT they are under-aged and to go to a bar where 'everyone knows your name' and face is not the smartest thing to do. Some closet Goofy fan obviously turned them in. Judy's is not the type of bar that the city police or campus police bust on a routine basis. As Siouxmama said, high school athletes face discipline when they break the rules. IMHO, so should college students.

Just because you're a college athlete doesn't mean your above the rules everyone has to follow. Hopefully a fine and 'in-house discipline' is all they will get. I love both those boys for their talent and what they have brought to the Fighting Sioux hockey program and I will be in line to get their autographs again because of it. I will always cheer for them. I've met T.J. and like him as a person and I like what I have seen of Jonathon as well. I still think they need to follow the rules or face the consequences, whatever they may be.

I'm not saying throw the boys to the wolves. BUT they are under-aged and to go to a bar where 'everyone knows your name' and face is not the smartest thing to do. Some closet Goofy fan obviously turned them in. Judy's is not the type of bar that the city police or campus police bust on a routine basis. As Siouxmama said, high school athletes face discipline when they break the rules. IMHO, so should college students.

Just because you're a college athlete doesn't mean your above the rules everyone has to follow. Hopefully a fine and 'in-house discipline' is all they will get. I love both those boys for their talent and what they have brought to the Fighting Sioux hockey program and I will be in line to get their autographs again because of it. I will always cheer for them. I've met T.J. and like him as a person and I like what I have seen of Jonathon as well. I still think they need to follow the rules or face the consequences, whatever they may be.

Great post - I agree 100%.

The funny thing is that Judy's tavern will be the one that is fined with a mark put on their liquor license with the possibility of being shut down. It might be possible that the 75 year old lady behind the bar does not know who these kids were or that they might of had some sort of fake ids. If they knowingly served minors that is a different story, but go after the lawbreakers, the minors trying to consume alcohol, not the businesspeople, I think the kids will get a slap on the wrist and the bar will be hightly penalized!!!

I think they should have the same punishment the Gopher players had which was...uh...nothing.

The NCAA (aka: No Clue About Anything) was too busy trying to change nicknames they couldn't be wasting their time on NCAA violations by the all mighty golden gophers. It's not like it was on video or anything...oh wait...

This is an opportunity for UND and the hockey program to prove something. If the story is true JT and TJ (and Bina) need to be punished and the incident NOT swept under the rug the way many other schools might tend to attempt. I hate to say it, but the boys should sit a game or two and the team pay the consequences. Any less puts the Fighting Sioux in the cesspool with too many other athletic programs.

I don't think they should sit at alll. Underage drinking is a minor offense in my book, comparable to a parking ticket. Tell them not to do it, maybe make them do something in the community if you really want them to, but don't suspend them over this. :silly: