SiouxSports.com Forum

fire hakstol

proudsioux

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm. let keep GPL out of this. Hextall and GPL have no connection. And right now is not the time to drop the choke term with the GOphers. You had a nice season. We had a better season. Records, banners and trophies don't lie. This is not to disrespect the Sioux, but rather defend cheap shots at the Gophers.

Ummm. let keep GPL out of this. Hextall and GPL have no connection. And right now is not the time to drop the choke term with the GOphers. You had a nice season. We had a better season. Records, banners and trophies don't lie. This is not to disrespect the Sioux, but rather defend cheap shots at the Gophers.

First off, I agree with WPoS.

Secondly, the Gophers did have a good season. They won the McNaughton and the Broadmoor. However, UND had a better shot at the National Championship. It didn't work out for the Sioux, but if it had, would you still consider the Gopher's season just as good as the Sioux? I'd rather the Sioux never win another McNaughton for as long as I live or even a Broadmoor on top of it if the team could consistently make the Frozen Four and win National Championships.

Winning the WCHA is nice. Winning it all is better.

This isn't to defend cheap shots at the Sioux. Rather it is another point in notifying non-Sioux fans that this is a Sioux message board and they should not expect Sioux fans to heap glowing praise upon their rivals unless it is due. An example in the BC/UND context is the Gopher fans that came on (ajoyce02, pstar, WPoS, and the like) that congratulated the Sioux on a fine season.

What keeps the animosity up are posters like UMHockey and Hextall (GPL related or not). And, WPoS, I too like the fact that GPL closes registration. Sometimes I wish Jim would do the same.

Bird dogs rule. I don't let my chase rabbits, I dont' think my lab is fast enough to catch one either.

There is a rabbit that is stupid enough to come in my yard but he is quick enought to get out of the yard.

My ol' dog is a mutt. Once or twice a year I find pieces of bird in my yard, a wing, feathers with a leg, etc. I've never seen him do it but I have seen him stand perfectly still for the longest time and creep forward ever so slowly. Maybe he can find the trolls? :silly:

so how do you define "choke"? I am curious. The pretty general def is that a choke is when a team that is obviously superior looses to a vastly inferior team. Heck I'll even give you an example, last years Gopher loss to HC, that is a choke. Losing to BC wasn't a choke. The Regional Final wasn't. If you think this years regional is choking then UND has choked the past 3 NCAA's away. So be careful throwing around the word "choke", it may come back to bite you.

As for GPL holding off on registration, it is done to keep trolls away like the "hextall" poster here. I for one have no problem with suspending registrations to websites for that exact reason. It keeps the boards cleaner and more on topic of hockey talk than trash talk.

W

Great post WPoS.I totally agree.

It's hilarious that posters such as UMhockey and Rex Banner show up to troll on this board.

Apparently they've forgotten that their No. 1 ranked favorite team was swept at home by the No. 15 ranked Sioux for the first time in 27 years.

Apparently they've forgotten that their favorite team went 0-2-2 against a WCHA team that UND dominated 3-0-2.

Apparently they've forgotten that their favorite team went 1-3 against UND.

Apparently they've forgotten that their favorite team had their season ended by the Fighitng Sioux.

Apparently they've forgotten that UND was at the Frozen Four and their favorite team wasn't because the Fighting Sioux beat the Gophers when it counted most.

Just laugh at the silly trolls, keeping in mind that throughout the season, the Fighting Sioux were superior to the Golden Gophers in every way that mattered.

Edited by PCM
To make it better

We have an IDIOT alert. :silly:

For years Sue fans gave Gopher fans grief because Woog could lead his team to multiple Frozen Fours but could never bring home the title. And now Hakstal is doing the exact same thing. I'm enjoying the irony of it all.

It's hilarious that posters such as UMhockey and Rex Banner show up to troll on this board.

Apparently they've forgotten that their favorite team was swept at home by the Sioux for the first time in 27 years.

Apparently they've forgotten that their favorite team went 0-2-2 against a WCHA team that UND dominated 3-0-2.

Apparently they've forgotten that their favorite team had their season ended by the Fighitng Sioux.

Apparently they've forgotten that UND was at the Frozen Four and their favorite team wasn't because the Fighting Sioux beat the Gophers when it counted most.

Just laugh at the silly trolls, keeping in mind that throughout the season, the Fighting Sioux were superior to the Golden Gophers in every way that mattered.

That would make a great signature.

In the last 24 hours I have seen two of the most absurd things I have ever seen in 31 years of playing and watching hockey. 1. Porter gets called for interference playing the body with the puck two feet away

2. Calling for the coaches head when he has taken our team to the frozen four three consecutive years. Also, mind you all, He has done this with teams with low expectations.

Hakstol is inarguably a great coach. How can you explain a trip to the frozen four with a team that was given up for dead at Christmas. Lose Stafford, Lose Zajac, lose Parise, lose Smaby and still go to the frozen four. I think Hakstol encourages teams to find their own identity and gets the most out of the players he has. Yeah, Toews is as special as they come, and Oshie isn't far off.

We had a very successful and winning season. Another Frozen Four. It hurt to lose last night, but let's get real. It was a great ride.

Apparently they've forgotten that their favorite team was swept at home by the Sioux for the first time in 27 years.

When is the banner ceremony?

First off, I agree with WPoS.

Secondly, the Gophers did have a good season. They won the McNaughton and the Broadmoor. However, UND had a better shot at the National Championship. It didn't work out for the Sioux, but if it had, would you still consider the Gopher's season just as good as the Sioux? I'd rather the Sioux never win another McNaughton for as long as I live or even a Broadmoor on top of it if the team could consistently make the Frozen Four and win National Championships.

If the Sioux had won it all then of course their season would have to be considered better than the gophers, but they didn't win it all. They lost in the semifinals while the Gophers lost in the quarterfinals. Ultimately, what's the difference? The bottom line is that the Gophers hoisted two prestigious trophies this season while the Sioux hoisted ZERO. Any Sioux fan who thinks that making it one game further in the NCAA's trumps winning the MacNaughton AND the Broadmoor needs to have their head examined.

Both teams had good seasons but these programs are about winning titles and the Gophers won two titles this year and the Sioux won none. To me, it's pretty obvious who had the better season.

When is the banner ceremony?

Thanks for giving me an excuse to revise my post and repeat it for your benefit. And I'll continue to repeat it every time a Gopher troll posts someting stupid.

It's hilarious that posters such as TC_transplant, UMhockey and Rex Banner show up to troll on this board.

Apparently they've forgotten that their No. 1-ranked favorite team was swept at home by the No. 15-ranked Sioux for the first time in 27 years.

Thanks for giving me an excuse to revise my post and repeat it for your benefit. And I'll continue to repeat it every time a Gopher troll posts someting stupid.

It's hilarious that posters such as TC_transplant, UMhockey and Rex Banner show up to troll on this board.

Apparently they've forgotten that their No. 1-ranked favorite team was swept at home by the No. 15-ranked Sioux for the first time in 27 years.

Jonathan Toews was 11 the last time UND finished the season with a win.

Please explain to me how the Sioux were superior to the Gophers "in every way that mattered" when the Gophers won two titles this year and the Sioux won ZERO. I mean you're really not that stupid are you?

And this post was from one of the supposedly more respectable Sioux posters on this board and it was still the dumbest logic I've ever seen. Unbelievable. :silly:

I guess expectations have changed in Grand Forks under Hakstol. Titles don't mean anything anymore..... at least not when the Gophers are winning them and the Sioux aren't.

Jonathan Toews was 11 the last time UND finished the season with a win.

Ah, Irony.

When the Gophers won in 2002, only the oldest member of the team, Nick Anthony had even been born.

Come back in 2023 if the Sioux STILL haven't won #8.

And he was 14 the last time the Gophs did. Big deal. The Fighting Sioux ended the Golden Gophers' season. That is a fact and is the bottom line.

Minnesota is an elite program and rode a great first half to the regular season title. I certainly feel better about getting ousted in the frozen four by BC than I would feel had we been ousted by the Gophs in the regional.

Minnesota should win it every year if the games weren't ever played. Let's see, a metro area of 3 million people, a ton of talented kids playing youth hockey who grow up watching Woog and Mazocco (sp). A Top 50 national University with 60,000 students. Some top 30 programs at Carlson and IT, the Blarney :silly:

What is the argument about who had a better season? Who cares, neither of us is hoisting the piece of hardware that our programs covet.

McNaughton and Boradmoor are nice, but we all know neither team is happy with their season. The goal was not achieved. If it were easy, everybody would win it. It takes the right team chemistry, the right players, the right coaches, the right matchups, some guts, some skill, some meanness, and some puck luck.

The puck will drop again in October, and there will be new faces and names. The rivalry will remain.

Buckysieve, you must be a genius in order to hand out the logic criticism. I am surprised you are trolling on this site and not on your yacht in St Tropez with the Victoria's Secret modeling personnel with your clear intellectual superiority. Why come over to gloat?

If any Sioux posters gloated on GPL following the Regional final, I apologize for their lack of class.

Gophers won a couple nice pieces of hardware. I again reiterate that neither one of the teams had their season end the way they wanted. I would trade every Broadmoor and McNaughton to keep knocking the Gophs out of the NCAAs.

I think it is worth noting the length of time Dave Hakstol has been coaching vs. Jerry York. Jerry York has an impressive resume especially in his 13 years with the BC Eagles. The guy has been coaching for 35 freakin years!! The semifinal lose to BC last year was one of the strangest games I have seen in the many years I have watched college hockey. It seemed BC had someone in the right place at the right time more often then I can remember in a single hockey game. I was at the game last night and noticed that they were using a similiar strategy as last year by clogging up the middle of the rink and posting a threat high in that zone most of the game yet again.

Jerry York is a great coach. This year I think we were outcoached and outplayed by a great BC organization. They seemed to be faster, more disciplined with their breakouts and with the way they moved the puck. They were the faster and more talented team this time. This isn't taking anything away from the Sioux. I really do think that Jerry York's 35 years of college coaching experience beat us the past two seasons to Dave Hakstol's three years.

Take a look at these stats:

Jerry York Stats: http://www.uscho.com/stats/coachYxY.php?cid=21&gender=m

Dave Hakstol Stats: http://www.uscho.com/stats/coachYxY.php?ci...14&gender=m

Just as Jerry York's results have improved Dave Hakstol's will as well. Hak is a young coach in years behind the bench and his actual age.

It sure would be fun if college hockey had a playoff setup like the NHL with best of 7 series or best of 5 or whatever series with the Final Four teams or something. I would love to see the 2007 BC and UND teams play a best of 7 to see who would come out on top. Same goes with Maine and Michigan State. One and out games are tough especially the way the Sioux and Eagles play against eachother come playoff time.