SiouxSports.com Forum

Dear Ben Blood

siouxnami

Is Blood good enough to make the jump next season if UND loses Finley and Lee? Sounds like he is and that he might be a player that is only here a couple years.

I think he could play next year, and be a decent player, but I think a year in the juniors, and adjusting to the speed of THAT game, would be invaluable to him before jumping to WCHA play.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me or has UND's last 6 recruits been stellar?!?! kristo, cichy, malone, bruneteau, hextall(maybe not stellar but should be very solid), and now blood. im liking what i see. next up david toews. I also am hoping that UND will be able to land some good ones from the u18 game...

is it just me or has UND's last 6 recruits been stellar?!?! kristo, cichy, malone, bruneteau, hextall(maybe not stellar but should be very solid), and now blood. im liking what i see. next up david toews. I also am hoping that UND will be able to land some good ones from the u18 game...

It's not just you. Hakstol and Co have done a great job filling the 07 and 08 classes with some high-end talent after many posters said that our future classes were lacking.

I must be really out of the recruiting circle. I didn't realize we were pursuing D. Toews. Is he close to making a decision? Who are the teams in the running?

It's not just you. Hakstol and Co have done a great job filling the 07 and 08 classes with some high-end talent after many posters said that our future classes were lacking.

There were lacking. Now UND is catching up to the Boston College's, Michigan's, Minnesota's, etc. and doing a good job in the process.

Chris from Western College hockey was one of the guys making fun of our class for lacking top end players. I think this was silly since the recruiting year wasn't even close to being over, It still isn't over of course. I mean seriously, everyone knows championships are won in November and December and they also happen on paper as well. :silly::ohmy::huh:

Now UND's next two incoming classes looks really good? Or at least it looks pretty good on paper to me. In hind site (I hate to blow my own horn) I believe there were a few of us that stated the same thing that UND wasn't close to being done. Goon chims in

My guess is that Hextall might play similar to Mike Prpich. One thing for sure, you wont want to do anything cheap if both Jones and Hextall are on the ice...

My guess is that Hextall might play similar to Mike Prpich. One thing for sure, you wont want to do anything cheap if both Jones and Hextall are on the ice...

UND needs that in my opinion. I noticed this past weekend the boys were not letting people take liberties with their team mates. I watched Kaip give it back to a Tiger for cheaping one of the Sioux players.

There were lacking. Now UND is catching up to the Boston College's, Michigan's, Minnesota's, etc. and doing a good job in the process.

Yes they were, so it is good to see UND land all these great recruits now. I wasn't sure why many were blasting the 07 recruiting class when there was still so much time left to land some good recruits. As Goon said, there is still time to get some more commitments, although there may not be any more space available now.

With the recent additions that Hakstol has added, I would be very surprised to see UND's 07 class ranked below #3 in the nation next year.

UND needs that in my opinion. I noticed this past weekend the boys were not letting people take liberties with their team mates. I watched Kaip give it back to a Tiger for cheaping one of the Sioux players.

I think UND has that already in Kaip and Radke, but the hinderance of it all is that Hak and Company has to be telling people to cut back due to how lackluster our PK is. I mean, it's out "question mark-ing" our goaltending right now. :ohmy:

And I'd be easy on Chris. He did criticise us a little for not snatching up players right away. We're just not good at recruiting players 3 years or more before they're ready for college. I'm surprised we have a 2009 recruit (Kristo) on board already. We're not Michigan or Minnesota, who will take committments from players at the Select 14 and Select 15 tourneys if they wish. Say what you will about what that means, but it's how I see it.

And Hakstol and Eades are proving all along just how good a recruiter they are. But could someone please clarify some things?

Is it Eades that was instrumental with recruiting Oshie? Wasn't it Eades who also convinced Bruneteau to commit to UND? Or were these two both Hakstol's doing?

I don't care really either way, because really Hakstol is an unbelievable recruiter. It's odd that we bring in two drafted players and a sparkplug (Genoway) and that's an off season as far as recruiting is concerned. :silly:

I'll further defend Chris. He wasn't taking shots at us, but rather stating the very true fact that, at that point we did not have many big name recruits 2007+. Take it as an observation. Since then, the situation has been very successfully resolved, as UND fans should expect. :silly:

I think UND has that already in Kaip and Radke, but the hinderance of it all is that Hak and Company has to be telling people to cut back due to how lackluster our PK is. I mean, it's out "question mark-ing" our goaltending right now. :ohmy:

And I'd be easy on Chris. He did criticise us a little for not snatching up players right away. We're just not good at recruiting players 3 years or more before they're ready for college. I'm surprised we have a 2009 recruit (Kristo) on board already. We're not Michigan or Minnesota, who will take committments from players at the Select 14 and Select 15 tourneys if they wish. Say what you will about what that means, but it's how I see it.

And Hakstol and Eades are proving all along just how good a recruiter they are. But could someone please clarify some things?

Is it Eades that was instrumental with recruiting Oshie? Wasn't it Eades who also convinced Bruneteau to commit to UND? Or were these two both Hakstol's doing?

I don't care really either way, because really Hakstol is an unbelievable recruiter. It's odd that we bring in two drafted players and a sparkplug (Genoway) and that's an off season as far as recruiting is concerned. :silly:

I agree with you on this, I think it's easier for schools like Minnesota or Wisconsin to get recruits that are 15-16 years old. Most of these kids are in state kids who wouldn't want to play anywhere else and they can have them. As long as we are getting top recruits to match the other powers, it shouldn't really matter whether were getting 15-16 year olds. In a matter of three months Hak has pulled two "A" rated fowards out of the USHL and an "A" rated defenesman out of SSM, that really shows how good of a recruiter he is.

Let's be honest, when you see other programs loading up with top rated recruits, and your own program's list is fairly short, it's pretty easy to get a little nervous as to what is left in the cupboard. You kept the faith that things would turn out, but when when you're on the outside looking in, without the information and knowing the options really are, you cannot be faulted if you start to question what's going on.

That said, Hakstol's had a very good last few months on the recruiting trail. As Sioux fans we can hope that we're not getting BC/WI/MN/etc's leftovers. There are so many good players and they cannot all go to one school. So the Sioux should be bringing in some very talented players.

Is Blood good enough to make the jump next season if UND loses Finley and Lee? Sounds like he is and that he might be a player that is only here a couple years.

do you seriously think Finley will not be at UND next year? its not possible he is good enough, or will be good enough, to even go to the AHL, much less NHL, next season, unless ALOT changes. of course, Hak could cut him if he keeps goin down the drain like this, and then he WOULD be gone.....

do you seriously think Finley will not be at UND next year? its not possible he is good enough, or will be good enough, to even go to the AHL, much less NHL, next season, unless ALOT changes. of course, Hak could cut him if he keeps goin down the drain like this, and then he WOULD be gone.....

No... tell us how you really feel! :silly:

(not that I'm disagreeing with you, BTW...) :ohmy:

cut him :ohmy::huh:

lets give the guy a little more than a season and a 1/3 before this kind of halarious statement :silly:

The same could have been said about Smaby in the beginning of his second year.take a deep breath and let players develop. :ohmy:

sure could have, he was blasted by a bunch as well and turned out pretty damn good..hell greene was benched by blais for a couple games as well.....now if he doesnt improve through this year and declines then it may be a concern but lets give him this season to see what happens

sure could have, he was blasted by a bunch as well and turned out pretty damn good..hell greene was benched by blais for a couple games as well.....now if he doesnt improve through this year and declines then it may be a concern but lets give him this season to see what happens

oh i am all for him getting better and showing the promise he showed before he came to UND, and even last year. somethin jut isnt clickin for him right now, and i hope that changes. i wasnt sayin i want to see him cut, i was just sayin its always a possibility. or, he could just chillin on the bench haha. but i dont think that would happen, not with the shortage of d-men we have this year. he IS a good player, just in a slump. i know im not the only one who doesnt think he is performing well right now ;) if he gets better, GREAT! i want him to.