SiouxSports.com Forum

Dear Ben Blood

siouxnami

oh i am all for him getting better and showing the promise he showed before he came to UND, and even last year. somethin jut isnt clickin for him right now, and i hope that changes. i wasnt sayin i want to see him cut, i was just sayin its always a possibility. or, he could just chillin on the bench haha. but i dont think that would happen, not with the shortage of d-men we have this year. he IS a good player, just in a slump. i know im not the only one who doesnt think he is performing well right now ;) if he gets better, GREAT! i want him to.

i am one that thinks he is having a tough time right now but there is no way in hell he would get cut, hes not even close to that, thats a big stretch and i mean big......i know you didnt say that but you said hak could and thats not happening

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Hakstol and Eades are proving all along just how good a recruiter they are. But could someone please clarify some things?

Is it Eades that was instrumental with recruiting Oshie? Wasn't it Eades who also convinced Bruneteau to commit to UND? Or were these two both Hakstol's doing?

Weren't Cichy and Kristo at the USA Select camp Eades was coaching at?

i am one that thinks he is having a tough time right now but there is no way in hell he would get cut, hes not even close to that, thats a big stretch and i mean big......i know you didnt say that but you said hak could and thats not happening

I agree with Siouxelevens and AZSioux on this one. I've already stated why.

I'll never throw a Sioux player under the bus unless he deserves it so much that the other players and coaching staff do it first. LIke Fournier

===================

EDIT: Ok, I've now seen two different calculations on Blood. One says he's 6'4" 220. Another says he's 6'2" 212. Anyone know which one is correct?

If your slamming ANY underclassman and saying they need to be cut, you are a fool. That's not to say they can't be slammed for poor play, but Failure or Mistake should be saved for upperclassmen only. And we seldom ever see that at UND... We have high expectations, but in college hockey upperclassmen rule the game. When you get a star freshman of soph, just enjoy it.

I'll further defend Chris. He wasn't taking shots at us, but rather stating the very true fact that, at that point we did not have many big name recruits 2007+. Take it as an observation. Since then, the situation has been very successfully resolved, as UND fans should expect. :silly:

I have defended him before too when others have maligned him, however, it was ridculous to make that comment before our recruiting class was even close to being done. Seriously, When it wasn't even close to being done yet. Chris blew it that day because it now it appears he was way off the mark.

You can say its something like saying UND sucked the last two season, well in the beginning of the season we did, however, we jelled and moved on and ended up third in the nation (if you lose in the opening round of the Frozen Four you considered third) while other teams that were hot early sucked late. It is all part of a process.

If your slamming ANY underclassman and saying they need to be cut, you are a fool. That's not to say they can't be slammed for poor play, but Failure or Mistake should be saved for upperclassmen only. And we seldom ever see that at UND... We have high expectations, but in college hockey upperclassmen rule the game. When you get a star freshman of soph, just enjoy it.

I agree.

There was talk when Finley first came to UND that he'd be a four year player. Good or bad, when is the last time you can remember a first round draft pick (even if it was a stretch) staying all four years? Finley may very well be here that long. If he leaves early, he leaves early. But if he stays, I have faith in him even though many here don't.

Siouxelevens- A good bet :silly:

I agree with Siouxelevens and AZSioux on this one. I've already stated why.

I'll never throw a Sioux player under the bus unless he deserves it so much that the other players and coaching staff do it first. LIke Fournier

===================

EDIT: Ok, I've now seen two different calculations on Blood. One says he's 6'4" 220. Another says he's 6'2" 212. Anyone know which one is correct?

the CSB has him at 6'3'' and 212...also travis erstad is listed as an A player and hes visited here im pretty sure.

I have defended him before too when others have maligned him, however, it was ridculous to make that comment before our recruiting class was even close to being done. Seriously, When it wasn't even close to being done yet. Chris blew it that day because it now it appears he was way off the mark.

You can say its something like saying UND sucked the last two season, well in the beginning of the season we did, however, we jelled and moved on and ended up third in the nation (if you lose in the opening round of the Frozen Four you considered third) while other teams that were hot early sucked late. It is all part of a process.

But then why make predictions? Predictions have a chance of being right and a chance of being wrong. If people were held accountable for predictions based upon the prevailing opinion at the time the opinion was written, then NOBODY would choose meteorology as a profession because they'd be fired the first time they predicted rain and it didn't rain at all.

Chris made a prediction and was wrong. That happens all the time. I think some are taking that prediction far too seriously.

Duluth actually hung a banner for third back in 2004. I'm a UMD grad and that was pathetic. :silly:

Third place isn't bad. Its better than a hanging a participation banner.

If it means anything to you, I have a participation banner hanging in my mind for cheering for 'Third Place UMD' that year. That was a great run and fun to watch.

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't expect Blood to enter until 2008 barring big time departures.

Without departures you already have :

Lee

Chorney

Jones

Finley

Bina

Radke

LaPoint

Marto

Who sits in that group as it is? Marto for sure, but LaPoint should be in the lineup every night, should be interesting.

Look for Blood in '08 after a year in Des Moines.

I agree Chuck I saw Blood play here at the Ralph earlier this year and he is a year away from being able to handle defence in the WCHA

I agree Chuck I saw Blood play here at the Ralph earlier this year and he is a year away from being able to handle defence in the WCHA

I don't see Radke playing defense for the Sioux anymore unless say Chorney leaves.

Which harbors problems at the forward position for next year then.

I like Radke, but I kinda like Genoway at forward over Radke....

By the middle of next season Genoway will be a very good defenseman for our club.

By the end of next year he will provide us with a very good breakout, puck carrying defenseman

that every team dreams of having to help when our forwards are getting pinched in the zone.

He also will be capable of sneaking in deep to score an occasional goal like Bina has this year.

I am not saying he will be another Travis Roache but it sure would be nice to see. :)

Travis Roache never played for the Sioux. Travis Roche did, though. :)

Anyways, I'm not saying Genoway is a poor defenseman either. I just think Genoway has as much talent at the forward position as he does at the defensive position. It seems like Radke's just learning the forward position as he goes along. He's not doing a bad job of it, but it seems Genoway can play both defense and forward well while it is still apparent to me that Radke is a defenseman that has turned forward.

Just my take.

Travis Roache never played for the Sioux. Travis Roche did, though. :)

Anyways, I'm not saying Genoway is a poor defenseman either. I just think Genoway has as much talent at the forward position as he does at the defensive position. It seems like Radke's just learning the forward position as he goes along. He's not doing a bad job of it, but it seems Genoway can play both defense and forward well while it is still apparent to me that Radke is a defenseman that has turned forward.

Just my take.

i like genoway on defense to add to offensive-defense. i think radke is good on a checking line and he will get better at forward next year, although im fairly impressed with his transition.

i like genoway on defense to add to offensive-defense. i think radke is good on a checking line and he will get better at forward next year, although im fairly impressed with his transition.

I love Genoway's offensive defense, but have some serious concerns about his defensive defense. But with time and coaching that should come around. BTW, anyone catch Greene going end to end a few times against the Wild last night? He looked very good for a struggling team.

I love Genoway's offensive defense, but have some serious concerns about his defensive defense. But with time and coaching that should come around. BTW, anyone catch Greene going end to end a few times against the Wild last night? He looked very good for a struggling team.

i know what you mean. ive seen him stumble a few times and get burned a couple of times as well. hes gotten better as the season has gone on though. im looking forward to him being a 4 years player.

Travis Roache never played for the Sioux. Travis Roche did, though. ;)

Just my take.

Is there any chance I can upgrade my siouxsports.com spellcheck so that it includes the spelling of all former Sioux greats ? :)

PS Genoway has a real nice offensive side to his game and as I said before I am all about a defenseman that can join the play as

a forward coming out of our own zone ..... it is such a nice asset to have. ;) They are few and far between in this league.

I've yet to decide which defensive pairing looks weirder:

5'8" Robbie Bina with 5'9" Chay Genoway

OR

5'8" Robbie Bina with 6'7" Joe Finley.

robbie and joe is a cute line, meaning they look cute skating next to each other and the other one is our short line. I like it when Chay, Robbie, Phil, and Ryan are all out there. they are all so short!