SiouxSports.com Forum

Dear Ben Blood

siouxnami

Dear Ben,

Lets talk about this before you do something foolish... Sure she looks good after you've had one too many, but reality will hit in the morning... :huh:

SCCC? Say it ain't so. Your better than that. Sure the atmosphere was great against the Gophers, and it might be for an NCAA victory, too. We don't know, THEY HAVE NEVER HAD ONE! :silly:

They have big ice, it makes for an exciting game. Is speed and tempo your game? Will you ever score 20 goals in a season? Do you want to be able to show NHL teams how good of a defender you are?

Lets talk about UND. I think that it is fair to say that no school in NCAA history has ever had a run of turning out NHL defensmen like UND has had recently. Not only D-men, but big bruising NHL ready (or close) Defensman. Lets review:

David Hale

Mike Commadore

Matt Jones

Matt Greene

Andy Schnieder

Matt Smaby

and soon

Brian Lee

Taylor Chorney

Joe Finley

Derrick LaPoint

maybe even Zach Jones and Kyle Radke

WOW!!! Imagine how good you could be give UNDs Tradition, Facilities, and Coaching! ;)

And you get to play for Championships almost every year, as opposed to, well, almost never...

If your goal is to play in the NHL, UND is for you. Just be careful around SCCC, you might catch something. Racism, for example... :ohmy:

We hope to hear from you soon! :D

BTW, give our regards to Toews and Murray...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Ben,

Lets talk about this before you do something foolish... Sure she looks good after you've had one too many, but reality will hit in the morning...

SCCC? Say it ain't so. Your better than that. Sure the atmosphere was great against the Gophers, and it might be for an NCAA victory, too. We don't know, THEY HAVE NEVER HAD ONE! :silly:

They have big ice, it makes for an exciting game. Is speed and tempo your game? Will you ever score 20 goals in a season? Do you want to be able to show NHL teams how good of a defender you are?

Lets talk about UND. I think that it is fair to say that no school in NCAA history has ever had a run of turning out NHL defensmen like UND has had recently. Not only D-men, but big bruising NHL ready (or close) Defensman. Lets review:

David Hale

Mike Commadore

Matt Jones

Matt Greene

Andy Schnieder

Matt Smaby

and soon

Brian Lee

Taylor Chorney

Joe Finley

Derrick LaPoint

maybe even Zach Jones and Kyle Radke

WOW!!! Imagine how good you could be give UNDs Tradition, Facilities, and Coaching!

And you get to play for Championships almost every year, as opposed to, well, almost never...

If your goal is to play in the NHL, UND is for you. Just be careful around SCCC, you might catch something. Racism, for example... :ohmy:

We hope to hear from you soon! :huh:

BTW, give our regards to Toews and Murray...

Awesome job siouxnami. :D

Now we need a letter for Toews and Murray. ;)

If Heisenburg is right, it shows how great of a recruiter Hakstol is. Others were talking about a lack of 07 recruits, look at how that unfolded, this may be one of the best if not the best recruit class in the country. This isn't speaking that the class may not be done, guys like Nash or Gregoire could still sign.

BIG Pickup. And since he's over 6'3" tall, I'm sure he'll get a vast reputation of being slammed by SS.com posters like Hale, Commodore, Greene, Smaby, Lee, and Finley have!

Good pickup by UND.

Another note: Unless Blood comes in 2008, playing time is going to look bleak for Marto. And I'm not sure Genoway is going to get much time at D either.

Which could be good news with how well he has played at forward. :silly:

Great pickup for the Sioux! Welcome aboard!

I don't think many of us are going to complain if Chay keeps playing like he has at forward, the kid is a good forward and looks like a diamond in the rough.

I don't think many of us are going to complain if Chay keeps playing like he has at forward, the kid is a good forward and looks like a diamond in the rough.

I was only half right about Genoway pre-season. I thought he was going to be in the same role as Marvin (play both forward and defense), which I am somewhat right about (I know he can play D on the Sioux, he just hasn't played it very much thus far). I was incorrect in that I thought his impact would, at least initially, be the same as Marvin's. It is a good "wrong" to be. :ohmy:

BIG Pickup. And since he's over 6'3" tall, I'm sure he'll get a vast reputation of being slammed by SS.com posters like Hale, Commodore, Greene, Smaby, Lee, and Finley have!

Good pickup by UND.

Another note: Unless Blood comes in 2008, playing time is going to look bleak for Marto. And I'm not sure Genoway is going to get much time at D either.

I wouldn't expect Blood to enter until 2008 barring big time departures.

Without departures you already have :

Lee

Chorney

Jones

Finley

Bina

Radke

LaPoint

Marto

Who sits in that group as it is? Marto for sure, but LaPoint should be in the lineup every night, should be interesting.

Look for Blood in '08 after a year in Des Moines.

I can't wait to hear "Blood is all over the Gophers" :silly: Great news to start this week.

Not too mention he picked UND over UoMN. :ohmy:

Watch the Skippies come out of the Wood Work, they will say that Minnesota didn't want him or something stupid like that.

Good pick up for the Sioux.

Have been able to see him play several times over the last 2 seasons, and he is a very solid player. Very good size, and not afraid to use it, has great vision on the ice, moves the puck to his forwards really well, and rarely turns it over. He's not very fast or flashy on his skates, but really takes care of business, especially in his own end.

Would expect that he will play juniors next year..........

Good pick up for the Sioux.

Have been able to see him play several times over the last 2 seasons, and he is a very solid player. Very good size, and not afraid to use it, has great vision on the ice, moves the puck to his forwards really well, and rarely turns it over. He's not very fast or flashy on his skates, but really takes care of business, especially in his own end.

Would expect that he will play juniors next year..........

Is Blood good enough to make the jump next season if UND loses Finley and Lee? Sounds like he is and that he might be a player that is only here a couple years.