SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU Football

UND Fan

I continue to be confused why NDSU fans frequent this website but for those who do....

You have one hell of a football team. You certainly should have won that game yesterday. I am glad the Sioux aren't on your schedule this year. I am afraid that you would handle us quite easily.

Congrats on a great team - it is too bad that you are not playoff eligible yet.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur, I was at the game yesterday and NDSU is one helluva football squad. I know they don't believe in moral victories, but they played an extremely good game, and should feel proud.

One question though:

I can not believe how many times I heard "Sioux Suck" yesterday. Or how many derogatory comments were made toward UND from the Bison fans yesterday (this includes a "D2 Faggots" cheer started at Joe Sensor's). I mean, UND and NDSU haven't played in a couple of years, and thats pretty much all I heard walking around. This didn't change who I was cheering for, I wanted NDSU to win the game, but its clearly obvious to me now who hates who more..... :ohmy: PLUS YOU WEREN'T EVEN PLAYING UND!!!! :angry:

Does this happen at all NDSU football games? I mean I haven't heard anyone talk about the Bison at any UND games for the past couple of years.... ???

I concur, I was at the game yesterday and NDSU is one helluva football squad. I know they don't believe in moral victories, but they played an extremely good game, and should feel proud.

One question though:

I can not believe how many times I heard "Sioux Suck" yesterday. Or how many derogatory comments were made toward UND from the Bison fans yesterday (this includes a "D2 Faggots" cheer started at Joe Sensor's). I mean, UND and NDSU haven't played in a couple of years, and thats pretty much all I heard walking around. This didn't change who I was cheering for, I wanted NDSU to win the game, but its clearly obvious to me now who hates who more..... :ohmy: PLUS YOU WEREN'T EVEN PLAYING UND!!!! :angry:

Does this happen at all NDSU football games? I mean I haven't heard anyone talk about the Bison at any UND games for the past couple of years.... ???

You will notice that I was complimentary of SU's football team, not their fans!!!

They badmouth UND, they badmouth the game of hockey, and they badmouth D2 football. Three great reasons to hate them right there. They do seem to have a fairly decent football team this year, but that just seems to make a lot of their fans even more classless than they already were.

So, they do the same thing to UND as you do to NDSU. Way to call the kettle black, pot.

Once again, for those who continue to be confused as to why I detest NDS-who as much as I do... here's another great example. They badmouth UND, they badmouth the game of hockey, and they badmouth D2 football. Three great reasons to hate them right there. They do seem to have a fairly decent football team this year, but that just seems to make a lot of their fans even more classless than they already were.

As for moral victories, they may not believe in them but they should. They need to realize their place in the pecking order of college football and appreciate the fact that they didn't get blown out yesterday. They hung in there for 4 quarters against a Big 10 team, which is amazing. That wouldn't happen on paper, therefore it should be considered a moral victory. We learned yesterday that a Division I team can play the worst game they've played in over 20 years and still come away with a "W" if the opponent is a I-AA.

Talk about pathetic. Grow up a little bit, set an example. Do as I say, just not as I do. You engage in the same stuff that you claim to "detest NDSU as much as I do" for. You sound just as dumb as you claim they do, in fact more so. Move on a little bit with your life, in the grand scheme of things it really isn't that important. It is extremely tiresome.

The more I thought about this game the more I was cheering for the Gophers and wish they would have blown out NDSU. I'm definitely not a Bison fan or a Gopher fan, but where's the talk about how this game effects the Sioux? (Note: I didn't read the game thread from yesterday so this may have already been discussed.)

The fact that this game was close hurts the Sioux. The Bison coaches can tour the area saying how they played with a Big Ten team and should have won. Recruits will eat this up and have more of a reason to play for the Bison.

I'm happy for the state of ND, although I'm from MN, am an adopted son of ND. But recruiting for the Sioux is only going to get worse this fall and winter. All the Sioux fans that were crowing for an NDSU win will eat their words when the top MN/ND/SD/WI recruits choose NDSU over UND.

But it's ok to dislike basketball?

Apparently not if you are a UND fan and you are an NDSU fan. It's amazing to me how NDSU fans look down on UND fans not for the rivalry thing, not for the DI thing, not necessarily even for the anti-NDSU thing, but for the fact that many of us do not like basketball. ???

I guess it could be considered a similar thing with UND fans regarding NDSU about hockey, but I'm not so sure as both UND and NDSU have basketball programs but UND has the only Division rated hockey team between the two schools (I don't count club teams as a division rated team. They do have DI, DII, and DIII club designations so I hear, but club is club to me). It would be like UND arguing against Denver University stating how lacrosse stinks but UND only has a club lacrosse team (if at all) and DU has a DI lacrosse team. Why should a school's fanbase that has no real stock in a sport complain or discount another school who does have a legit stake in that sport?

Again, both UND and NDSU have basketball programs so this criticism of hockey is rather apples to oranges.

That being said, NDSU fans can dislike hockey all they want, but they have to realize that UND's hockey program is one of the elite programs in the country. Whether UND likes or dislikes basketball is an entirely different argument.

I continue to be confused why NDSU fans frequent this website but for those who do....

You have one hell of a football team. You certainly should have won that game yesterday. I am glad the Sioux aren't on your schedule this year. I am afraid that you would handle us quite easily.

Congrats on a great team - it is too bad that you are not playoff eligible yet.

First off congrats to NDSU you play a great game against Minnesota and I was not at all surprised going into the game that you could beat Minnesota. Hell, after watching them play Wisconsin the previous week I actually felt the Bison should have been favored to win this game. I do take issue, UND Fan, with your statement that they would handle UND this year. If the two teams played it most likely would be a very good game and come down to the last few minutes like most of their matchups. Please remember it was this UND team that beat Northern Iowa on their own homefield who then played Iowa State within one point and Iowa State would more than likely kick the living crap out of Minnesota. This football squad is just a talented and would have performed similarly against Minnesota as the Bison did yesterday.

First off congrats to NDSU you play a great game against Minnesota and I was not at all surprised going into the game that you could beat Minnesota. Hell, after watching them play Wisconsin the previous week I actually felt the Bison should have been favored to win this game. I do take issue, UND Fan, with your statement that they would handle UND this year. If the two teams played it most likely would be a very good game and come down to the last few minutes like most of their matchups. Please remember it was this UND team that beat Northern Iowa on their own homefield who then played Iowa State within one point and Iowa State would more than likely kick the living crap out of Minnesota. This football squad is just a talented and would have performed similarly against Minnesota as the Bison did yesterday.

I agree, NDSU was the better team yesterday, but I believe UND would give them a battle with Manke

I felt the need, after seeing this thread, to say this:

I am a huge Bison football fan. I grew up in Fargo and was raised to love it, and I still do!! People get confused when I say that because I am also one of the biggest Sioux fans!! But that's just how it is. It's gunna be hard for me when they start playing each other again cuz honestly I won't know who to cheer for.

Just wanted to say something.

I personally don't have a problem with the rivalry itself. Some UND fans hate NDSU, some NDSU fans hate UND, whatever I guess, if that's your thing. What bothers me is when you have people in their 30's and 40's acting and talking like complete morons and the stands are packed with kids from 5 to 12 years old. What kind of idiot acts like that around kids? What happened to teaching them about sportsmanship and respect?

As much as I dislike 'SU, and am probably one of the worst offenders on this board for sticking my thumb into their eyes, I was tickled they nearly beat Mason's Maroon Morons on Saturday. Watching him hem and haw over his team's "performance" was precious. With any luck, OSU will keep their scoring below 50 pts. Anyway, congrats to the 'SU partisans.

Saturday really didn't surprise me all that much.

Massey had NDSU at 74 and Minnesota at 77 (in all of college football) going into the game (ratings on Oct 17).

What surprised me was NDSU's inability to execute the kill-shot and how much the Gophers looked like a team that has quit on their coach.

Congrats to the Bison Football team on a very good effort Saturday. I was actually hoping they could pull the upset off over the Gophers until sometime in the 3rd quarter. I was enjoying the game with some buddies @ Playmakers in Fargo when all of the sudden the chant of Sioux Suck went into effect...I could no longer cheer for the Bison...not that it's wrong or right, just my personal opinion.

I agree, NDSU was the better team yesterday, but I believe UND would give them a battle with Manke

First of all I would like to congratulate the Bison on there showing against the Gophers on Saturday. They were clearly the better team. The Gophers were better earlier in the year, but right now they are awful. Maybe they have just quit playing for Mason. I still believe that Northern Iowa is still the best team that either the Bison or Sioux have played this year. Yes I definitely believe they are better than the team the Gophers are putting on the field right now. I also believe that the strength of the NDSU schedule has been over rated and over hyped all year long. A lot of the teams NDSU has played have been very good in the past but aren't as good this year. In fact there isn't anybody they've played that has a winning record. Some of the teams aren't close to 500. Ball State is 2 and 6 in the MAC and Kent State was undefeated in that league going into this weekend and the Gophers beat Kent State something like 44 to 0. I do also believe the Bison have a great team this year and yes are better than the Sioux. On any given day though we could play with them and yes beat them. Paricularly with Manke at the helm. Lets hope Manke can come back. Congratulations to NDSU on a game that should have been a victory. I was impressed.

I also want to give kudos to NDSU, the team. They played a heckuva game. I did catch myself accidentally cheering againt them a couple of times. I would be yelling stop him, stop him and then after I realized what I was doing I would then yell, no, I mean run, run. It was difficult to keep it straight.

Can't spell Feel The ThUNDer without UND!!

And let's never forget...UND may suck, but NDSU swallows!!

Saturday really didn't surprise me all that much.

Massey had NDSU at 74 and Minnesota at 77 (in all of college football) going into the game (ratings on Oct 17).

What surprised me was NDSU's inability to execute the kill-shot and how much the Gophers looked like a team that has quit on their coach.

I notice in the updates on Massey's Ratings they have the Gophers at #55...the Sioux at #59...the Bison at #89.

If SDSU can keep winning, the Bison will end up playing 3 teams with a winning record. I hope our AD has seen how they scheduled this year and does the same thing when we get going in D1-AA. Schedule teams that are down but were good-decent in the past and have some name recognition, that way the fans get excited when they see the game and even more when the team wins, not knowing the team actually sucks.

Some examples:

Anyone from the Southland Conf:

McNeese St.

Nicholls St.

Northwestern St.

Sam Houston St.

SE Louisiana

Stephen F. Austin

Texas St.

Georgia Southern

Western Illinois

Delaware

Villanova

I didn't include those 'perenially African American' schools from down south cause they all suck every year.

P.S. Do you think a "Bison Suck" chant would break out at the bar if UND was playing the Gophers? I really don't think so.....very lame.

If SDSU can keep winning, the Bison will end up playing 3 teams with a winning record. I hope our AD has seen how they scheduled this year and does the same thing when we get going in D1-AA. Schedule teams that are down but were good-decent in the past and have some name recognition, that way the fans get excited when they see the game and even more when the team wins, not knowing the team actually sucks.

Some examples:

McNeese St.

Nicholls St.

Northwestern St.

Sam Houston St.

SE Louisiana

Stephen F. Austin

Texas St.

Georgia Southern

Western Illinois

Delaware

Villanova

I didn't include those 'perenially African American' schools from down south cause they all suck every year.

P.S. Do you think a "Bison Suck" chant would break out at the bar if UND was playing the Gophers? I really don't think so.....very lame.

Your jealously is so obvious. But hell think what you want. I see that Northeastern beat the #1 team in DI-AA this weekend and Geogia Southern took the #2 team into 2 ot.

Some examples:

McNeese St.

Nicholls St.

Northwestern St.

Sam Houston St.

SE Louisiana

Stephen F. Austin

Texas St.

Georgia Southern

Western Illinois

Delaware

Villanova

Wow, SOME UND fans need to learn to shut there mouths before talking about I-AA. This is ridiculous, when NDSU played and beat Nicholls last year they went to the I-AA playoffs and Northwestern St was a top 10 team when NDSU beat them. The year before NDSU beat Northwestern St and they where also a playoff team that year. Georgia Southern just lost to the #1 team in I-AA by 7 points in overtime, I guess they are terrible.

Of course this year the entire Southland is down, way down in fact but that won't always be the case. Delaware is still a qualtiy program and win over them is solid but beating either WIU or NOVA won't get you any respect because they haven't done anything over the past few years.

1. I believe I was talking about this years schedule, the one that Coach Bohl claimed is the toughest they have ever had since he has been there. Last years schedule has nothing to do with my what I posted.

2. New Hampshire is not the #1 team in the country, they lost the week before also. Appalachian St is.

3. Georgia Southern isn