SiouxSports.com Forum

The Roster As It Exists Today

The Sicatoka

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So was April 6th, when the Siouxage didn't even bother to show up for their biggest game of the season and got their a$$e$ handed to them on national television. Lammy in net next year? Good luck with that. And Kozek and Porter possibly on the top line or two? Their's no reason to even take UND seriously next year.

I thought you weren't supposed to be a troll?

You could say that the Gophers didn't show up for their biggest game of the season last year against Holy Cross as well.

With Lammy in net and a more experienced d-corps, I don't think that our defense will be a problem.

I see nothing wrong with having Porter or Kozek on the top 2 lines. Kozek showed last year that he has a sniper of a wrist shot...and if you put more skill around him and take him off of the checking line, it opens up his offensive game that much more. I look for him to have a breakout year offensively. The same goes for Porter, as he has been limited the last few years on the grinder/checking line. He should take advantage if given the opportunity to show off his offensive side as well.

Already counting UND out? And so early! :ohmy: They are still very talented. I look for them to have another good year; with hopefully another trip to the F4. With posts like yours, there's no reason to take you seriously. :lol:

I'm sure that even as we speak, coaches across the country are losing sleep because they are worried about shutting down phil (not so much of a thrill) and booooostrum. :ohmy: . Also, I'm sure they are equally worried about how they are going to put up any goals on briggsy. :lol: It remains to be seen if any of the incoming recruits will have the impact that TJ, or Toews did as a frosh, but I wouldn't start issuing the last right's on the Fighting Sioux's season quite yet.

I thought you weren't supposed to be a troll?

You could say that the Gophers didn't show up for their biggest game of the season last year against Holy Cross as well.

With Lammy in net and a more experienced d-corps, I don't think that our defense will be a problem.

I see nothing wrong with having Porter or Kozek on the top 2 lines. Kozek showed last year that he has a sniper of a wrist shot...and if you put more skill around him and take him off of the checking line, it opens up his offensive game that much more. I look for him to have a breakout year offensively. The same goes for Porter, as he has been limited the last few years on the grinder/checking line. He should take advantage if given the opportunity to show off his offensive side as well.

Already counting UND out? And so early! :ohmy: They are still very talented. I look for them to have another good year; with hopefully another trip to the F4. With posts like yours, there's no reason to take you seriously. :lol:

Only on SS.com will you hear anyone call Kozek a sniper. Now I've heard everything.

Only on SS.com will you hear anyone call Kozek a sniper. Now I've heard everything.

and only on SS will we find tools like yourself, you should just troll elsewhere, you give all the decent gopher fans on here a bad wrap..the only time you post here is when you disagree with a post concerning the gophers.....

Did you see the goal Kozek scored against Mannino in Denver? He has one hell of a wrister. Hakstol has called him a "natural goal scorer" numerous times. I'll trust Hak's evaluation of his talent before I trust yours.

The kid has a sniper of a wrist shot. I've seen enough of his goals to realize this. And as PCM noted, Hakstol knows what he is talking about. :lol:

And to say 'only on ss.com' is not true either, as I have posted that exact same statement on USCHO numerous times this season. :huh::ohmy:

Did you see the goal Kozek scored against Mannino in Denver? He has one hell of a wrister. Hakstol has called him a "natural goal scorer" numerous times. I'll trust Hak's evaluation of his talent before I trust yours.

I don't know, most of the trolls seem to know more than the arena reporters that follow the team.

I mean what would hak know he is just the head coach. From what I can see Kozek is probably the diamond in the rough, the kid has a wicked wrister that is really fast, I think UND has only tap the tip of the ice berg with that kid, Watkins seems to be another player that really has a lot of potential. I actually think Brad Miller could be another great player that can scoot..

One thing you will never see on SS.com (I hope) is anyone refering to phil (not so much of a thrill), as the greatest U.S. born hockey player EVER, now that's a real stretch. As far as Kozek, he and Watkins will have break out seasons this year. I'm glad that all you brain wizards in goophyville are under-estimating these players, we all know what happened last time you under-estimated/overlooked someone. (Here's a little hint: danny boy and ry-ry ended up in tears in the bowels of the REA, and the final laugh was on them as their careers ended there.)

One thing you will never see on SS.com (I hope) is anyone refering to phil (not so much of a thrill), as the greatest U.S. born hockey player EVER, now that's a real stretch. As far as Kozek, he and Watkins will have break out seasons this year. I'm glad that all you brain wizards in goophyville are under-estimating these players, we all know what happened last time you under-estimated/overlooked someone. (Here's a little hint: danny boy and ry-ry ended up in tears in the bowels of the REA, and the final laugh was on them as their careers ended there.)

The final laugh was on them? Are you joking? Irmen and Potulny absolutely OWNED the Sioux at the Ralph. Every time they played there they were the two best players on the ice. They have a three game winning streak at the Ralph against the Sioux(and Parise). Their careers may have ended in that building but it wasn't at the hands of your squad. Those two players will always have the final laugh when it comes to playing the Sioux at the Ralph, that can't be debated.

It's obvious why you people love Holy Cross so much. Now you can finally cheer for a team that knows how to beat the Gophers at the Ralph.

But to say that the Sioux got the final laugh on Irmen and Potulny because a team other than the Sioux beat them is laughable.

Apparently Sioux fans have forgotten where their season ended in 2002 and 2003. The Sioux can't beat the Gophers in their own Nazi palace so they have to brag about another team doing it for them. Very pathetic for a so called proud fanbase.

Apparently Sioux fans have forgotten where their season ended in 2002 and 2003. The Sioux can't beat the Gophers in their own Nazi palace so they have to brag about another team doing it for them. Very pathetic for a so called proud fanbase.

WOW, ORIGINAL POST, A NAZI REFERENCE.............

no doubt the gophs have been great at the new ralph..congrats, YOU GUYS SHOULD HANG A BANNER ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER DUMB ASS BANNERS THEY HANG.....now here is a great post, are you done yet or can you just stop posting..nazi, nazi, nazi, seriously, fukn stupid....YOU REALLY ARE GIVING THE REST OF THE DECENT GOPHER FAN POSTERS HERE A BAD NAME AND THEY SHOULD JUST KICK YOUR AZZ...............

Just go away and keep the Nazi remarks to yourself. Thats low and pathetic. :ohmy:

The final laugh was on them? Are you joking? Irmen and Potulny absolutely OWNED the Sioux at the Ralph. Every time they played there they were the two best players on the ice. They have a three game winning streak at the Ralph against the Sioux(and Parise). Their careers may have ended in that building but it wasn't at the hands of your squad. Those two players will always have the final laugh when it comes to playing the Sioux at the Ralph, that can't be debated.

It's obvious why you people love Holy Cross so much. Now you can finally cheer for a team that knows how to beat the Gophers at the Ralph.

But to say that the Sioux got the final laugh on Irmen and Potulny because a team other than the Sioux beat them is laughable.

maybe the 2 best players on THEIR team, but cmon, there is always that 1 skater....... :ohmy:

Did the 2006 gopher season end at the ralph or at blarneys?

.... their own Nazi palace .........

I know that a limited mentality can only dredge up the crap it surrounds itself with but this kind of $hit on our own site should not be tolerated.

I hope our Moderators or Administrator put this bozo on notice. Please, either suspend or ban this troll.

Piper-

And you expect to be respected here after saying that?

That is downright disrespectful and you are a disgrace to the Gopher fan base, one that has had the finest coach in collegiate history in Herb Brooks, no less. I may not like the Gophers, but at least I respect them enough not to smear them for some alleged shenanigans.

Gosh, I can't even stand to look at this post. I'm just going to put you on ignore and pray you will go away. It's not even worth asking for an apology and deleting the post.

Oh, and by the way, before you question my qualifications, you should speak to my grandparents on my father's side. They're one of only 4 people total (3 on my grandmother's side and my grandfather stands alone) to have survived the holocaust out of a group of at least 10 family members each. I am HIGHLY offended. HIGHLY.

Yep, calling your opponents nazis is a pure personal attack and is generally the last desperate grasp of someone who has completely run out of topical, factual arguments. It certainly makes my job easier. Though Godwin's Law suggests the thread should close, let's see if a not-so-subtle warning shot can get everyone still permitted to post here to play nice.

Yep, calling your opponents nazis is a pure personal attack and is generally the last desperate grasp of someone who has completely run out of topical, factual arguments. It certainly makes my job easier. Though Godwin's Law suggests the thread should close, let's see if a not-so-subtle warning shot can get everyone still permitted to post here to play nice.

Thanks a lot. It defied logic what he said.

I'd like to believe that coming onto this board and expressing a dissenting opinion respectfully would be well recieved. However, coming onto this board with the express purpose of smack talking and insulting the team, the school, the students, and the team's fans is just downright uncalled for. And, yes, Slap Shot/buckysieve/et. al. you have all wondered why certain posters never give Gopher posters a fair shake around here. Well, read Piper's post and then maybe you'll understand why.

It takes a lot of offend me, and Piper did. Well, it takes an equal amount (a lot) to get me to forget it. I won't hold it against Gopher fans at large, but unfortunately, I can't speak for everyone here.

DING DONG THE TROLL IS GONE.......

BACK TO OUR ROSTER.............

i know we have to wait until after the draft to really know who is staying and going so lets hope our top 2 guns in oshie and toews stay, i personally think they will (cross my fingers)..if so i really like our balance with so many frashman having a year under their belt. will we score as much as last year?? maybe not but who really knows because forney and vande velde could put some points up and i believe duncan and kozek will do their fair share as well.toews and oshie will do their part and it could be a HUGE part...lets hope porter saved his best for last as he has waited his turn to turn it on.

i am also a realist and losing, zajac, stafford and spirko does hurt but lets just hope others follow in their footsteps and take thier spots in the scoring columns.......GO SIOUX..............