SiouxSports.com Forum

The Roster As It Exists Today

The Sicatoka

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to let people know they have all the players with just heights and weights on the roster now...finley is apparently 252 now...and others have beefed up some too

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/mhockey/roster.asp

EDIT: for a comparison, here is last years roster

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/mhocke...2005/roster.asp

Poor Scott Foyt must have been Paukoviched last year. How'd he lose 2 inches over the summer?

Oh, I see. In the ultimate show of team commitment, he gave them to Jonesy.

Looks to me like Martens is serious about getting on the ice. Either that or serious about eating.

What the heck happened to Miller? He gave his weight to Lee?

Wow, I think Toews wins the award as the biggest increase in height/weight.

I was noticing how Finley and Lee gained weight, Toews and Jones gained height, and that Duncan and Miller have the same weight yet Miller is 5 inches taller!

Seriously, is there anything to size being a factor into how easy/hard it is to move someone off the puck? I mean, it didn't seem that easy to move Bina or Duncan off the puck.. I guess I'm just not sure how weight plays into this whole thing. Should it be a concern that Miller's weight is as low as it is relating to his size?

I see how well this posts...

I know you can't take these numbers to seriously BUT:

I like to look at % change in weight, it is a fairer comparison.

Everyone from Finley on had a hell of an offseason. :D

Miller??? this was the offseason a year after an injury, he should have gained weight. :love:

Toews gets the hardest worker award, just beating out Ryan Duncan and Ryan Martens. ;)

I seriously doubt Bina was never 180 unless he was weighed after swimming in a snowmobile suit... ;)

Height Wright Height Weight % Weight

2005 2006 2005 2006 Change

28 Robbie Bina Defense 5'8 5/8 180 163 0 -17 -9.4% * Serious Injury (and 2005 lie

I see how well this posts...

I know you can't take these numbers to seriously BUT:

I like to look at % change in weight, it is a fairer comparison.

Everyone from Finley on had a hell of an offseason. :D

Miller??? this was the offseason a year after an injury, he should have gained weight. :love:

Toews gets the hardest worker award, just beating out Ryan Duncan and Ryan Martens. ;)

I seriously doubt Bina was never 180 unless he was weighed after swimming in a snowmobile suit... ;)

Height Wright Height Weight % Weight

2005 2006 2005 2006 Change

28 Robbie Bina Defense 5'8 5/8 180 163 0 -17 -9.4% * Serious Injury (and 2005 lie

so now we're a bunch of fat guys? Christ, nobody could get me off the puck....;)

I wouldn't call 195-205 fat, good sized. I think somone mentioned it, but the weights are kind of inflated a bit. I remember one of the players dad's a few years back admiting his son was a little lighter than his program listed playing weight. Some have also said that this is kind of a spoof.

I wouldn't call 195-205 fat, good sized. I think somone mentioned it, but the weights are kind of inflated a bit. I remember one of the players dad's a few years back admiting his son was a little lighter than his program listed playing weight. Some have also said that this is kind of a spoof.

that sounds right, they do that all the time in basketball(with height)...i think its for intimidation among other things

that sounds right, they do that all the time in basketball(with height)...i think its for intimidation among other things

That could be, I kind of liken it to the WCHA final five program and some of the question they ask these guys and the answers some of them give are kind of like off the wall. If any thing it appears that some of the boys were eating right and lifting a few weights, time will tell when we see them on the ice. 252 is a big defenseman? Thats even heavier than Commie and Green if I remember right.