SiouxSports.com Forum

The Roster As It Exists Today

The Sicatoka

I believe he was actually drafted early in the second round. I'm not banking on Frazee being awesome next year by any means. I don't trust him yet, on the ice or off. But the talent is there, it's just a matter of him getting his head screwed on straight. Hopefully he learned a lot in his freshmen season. He does have the talent to be one of the nations best goalies, that's all I'm saying. Whether or not that happens is another story.

Bah, you're right. He was drafted 38th overall in the 2nd round (isn't that something like the 7th pick of the second round?). Arguably, he learned a lot the hard way his freshman season. I don't like his off ice "antics" good goaltender or not. Talented or not. What he did is generally something you don't do, or don't want to get caught doing. Talent is something that is purely subjective. Dan Risenbrough sees the Wild as immensely talented. I see that team as extremely mediocre. PM Bouchard is supposedly a scoring phenom, or was when he was in major juniors. Haven't seen it yet. Anyways, Frazee does have talent (if you go back to preseason last year, you'll probably find that I pegged Frazee as the Gophers' #1 goaltender by December 2005) but somethings not right in his head. And the way things have progressed makes me question his motivation.

But anyways, talent doesn't mean a whole lot if production doesn't exist to go along with it. Two years ago we didn't have any offense really to speak of and we did pretty darn well thanks to our defense. I argue that our defense is shaping up to be a lot like the team two years ago with more offensive talent. I think we'll do just fine. I don't see many here predicting the trifecta.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toews at the combine. Here is the link to his interview with TSN.

TSN interview

I think we can start worrying about Towes not being here next season. I suppose we will just

have to wait and see. The 24th of June can't come fast enough.

Click on the right where it says Toews at the combine.

There is a Kessel interview there too.

Edited by Goon

I watched the Kessel, Toews, and Johnson interviews. Toews and Johnson are really well spoken. I get the impression that Kessel is somewhat introverted. Yeah, I expect a bunch of the usual suspects will jump all over this, but I sense that Kessel's really quiet because he definitely doesn't look comfortable in front of the camera like Johnson and Toews are.

I watched the Kessel, Toews, and Johnson interviews. Toews and Johnson are really well spoken. I get the impression that Kessel is somewhat introverted. Yeah, I expect a bunch of the usual suspects will jump all over this, but I sense that Kessel's really quiet because he definitely doesn't look comfortable in front of the camera like Johnson and Toews are.

Which is partly why so many of us found the criticisms over the infamous press conference so unnecessary. Nothing from him seems to indicate he'd the type that would ask for something like that himself.

As for Parise, why are some so convinced he's gone? Is this some of the, "insider" stuff that people cannot reveal, or is it more of an educated assumption?

Edit: Holy Sh&* Kessel is UGLY... :ohmy:

Oh, no we are going to have Goofer fans in here arguing that Phil isn't ugly, but he is though.

Its also too bad Erik Johnson will never don a Goofer Uniform, that kid is a hulk of a man.

My biggest concern for next year is to avoid the Duluth syndrome. If the Freshman come back cocky and expecting to walk back to the Frozen Four, we will be in trouble. The key will be leadership. Fabian's return will be huge if he can be a vocal leader in the same mold as a Matt Greene. The question for me is who is going to be the leader of next year's team.

If no one steps up in a big way, all that talent ain't gonna mean squat.

This is why I laugh at people on this board who call him a prima donna. They do it simply because they don't like him and the team he plays for. In actuality he's a quiet, shy, and humble kid.

This is why I laugh at people on this board who call him a prima donna. They do it simply because they don't like him and the team he plays for. In actuality he's a quiet, shy, and humble kid.

some would say HUMBLE others would say not the sharpest tool in the shed :ohmy:

You would know this based on...?

OK, i know i shouldn't even respond to this but damn, i haven't went off in a while so here we go...........

I KNOW THIS BASED ON...............HELL, watch the interview, thats what a simple minded person would base it on..of course those are not gopher fans though............ ;)

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, would you gopher fans fkn RELAX and have some fun as i am having some fun as well as others on this board notice my ICON WITH THE WINK, you can't be that stupid, can you?? friken a. settle the fk down and chill....even if i was serious then still you shouldnt give a crap as that would be my personal OPINION.would if i actually sat down with the kid and asked him a few questions and he came off dumber than a box of rocks? then you can change your stupid question to OH, I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU BASED THIS ON....i am having some fun with the interview as if you watch it without MAROON AND PUKE GLASSES then you would say....wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww THAT WASN'T SMOOTH compared to EJ and TOEWS, and that is being nice

OH YEAH, next time i say phil is not the sharpest tool in the shed do you want me to back it up with a friken link and a source for ya :ohmy::lol: what a joke

hell, what is next from you and your insightful posts?? are you going to want a source to back up that people have said phil is ugly or that frazee looks like a dough boy or how about a link or source that briggs is a swiviling door in the NC$$ tourney, any more you need?

NEVERMIND, here are your 3 sources..........hope these work for ya :huh:

20041224kessel-phil.jpgNJWYTXCPWYGXHAH.20060330151137.jpgcross.jpg

BUT IT IS ALL IN GOOD FUN THOUGH, RIGHT........................

I really like that last picture, yep, that was a great day.

So was April 6th, when the Siouxage didn't even bother to show up for their biggest game of the season and got their a$$e$ handed to them on national television. Good way for Parise to go out though, giving up ten goals in his last two Frozen Four appearances. Lammy in net next year? Good luck with that. And Kozek and Porter possibly on the top line or two? Their's no reason to even take UND seriously next year.

Look at the bright side though, by sucking so much next season UND won't have to bother making those generic uniforms for the NCAA Tournament.

So was April 6th, when the Siouxage didn't even bother to show up for their biggest game of the season and got their a$$e$ handed to them on national television. Good way for Parise to go out though, giving up ten goals in his last two Frozen Four appearances. Lammy in net next year? Good luck with that. And Kozek and Porter possibly on the top line or two? Their's no reason to even take UND seriously next year.

Look at the bright side though, by sucking so much next season UND won't have to bother making those generic uniforms for the NCAA Tournament.

yeah, it was a crappy game VS BC, but man, at least the gophs lost to a national powerhouse in HOLY CROSS with all those scholarship players and NHL draft picks, losing to a team in BC really is embarassing.....

oh yeah, what team did he give up 2 goals to in columbus..can't remember...............

how many goals did minnesota give up in last years frozen 4? can't remember that either..damn memory is already going at age 25....

no matter what you FOOLS say there is no possible comeback for losing to in the 1st round of the regionals to such a national powerhouse. the whole BC loss really isn't the best comeback but im sure that is all you can think of.....

im sure you guys have #6 already penciled in correct?? hell im sure you already have your hats and shirts made up and a banner ready to raise.......why even play next season..really

as long as briggs has anything to say about it you and your team will be golfing and fishing the last week of march anyways..........

yeah, it was a crappy game VS BC, but man, at least the gophs lost to a national powerhouse in HOLY CROSS with all those scholarship players and NHL draft picks, losing to a team in BC really is embarassing.....

oh yeah, what team did he give up 2 goals to in columbus..can't remember...............

how many goals did minnesota give up in last years frozen 4? can't remember that either..damn memory is already going at age 25....

What good did it do you? You choked two days later.

What good did it do you? You choked two days later.

it sucks to lose that game for sure but dont sit here and act like it wouldnt be reverse if you guys had beat us into the ground in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE on NATIONAL TV as you would say. be realistic about sht every once and a while..thanks

CARDINAL, can we also stop replying to each thread with those ugly mugs that i posted, givin me friken nightmares already and it is only 10 am here in AZ :ohmy:

also i will stop the sht talking fest here as this thread is suppose to be about our ROSTER..my bad, i forgot. hope everyone has a few laughs though......