SiouxSports.com Forum

The Roster As It Exists Today

The Sicatoka

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebringing this up but:

Rumor has it Todd Alexander transferred to a DIII college or in some other way left the team. Is this unsubstatiated or is there actually a source that confirms this rumor?

It's the truth, won't disclose the source, but I'm sure we won't see Alexander this year.

I had heard the same thing this summer that Alexander is not coming back because he wants to play more.

I honestly figure that Chorney, Jones, Lee, Finley, and Radke are "gimmes" for the line-up every night this year.

That would leave (junior) Bina, (freshman) Genoway), and (sophomore) Alexander for the sixth spot in the line-up. Alexander would probably be spending a lot of time in a suit and tie.

I had heard the same thing this summer that Alexander is not coming back because he wants to play more.

the only thing about that, that makes me wonder is if he transfers wouldn't he not be able to play for a year essientially ruining the whole point of transfering to play more because by the time he would be able to play again, he would be getting more time in at UND. plus Hak and the others must have seen something in him that we haven't seen to have him on the team in the first place.

the only thing about that, that makes me wonder is if he transfers wouldn't he not be able to play for a year essientially ruining the whole point of transfering to play more because by the time he would be able to play again, he would be getting more time in at UND. plus Hak and the others must have seen something in him that we haven't seen to have him on the team in the first place.

if he goes to a d3 team, he can play right away.

Not sure if you have to sit for D3? They are non-scholarshop. Also Hak saw a defender that was available at the last minute, nearby, when he needed one. The one comment that I would add is that he did look got when he played.

Alexander, if true, made the decision for what is best for him. He was never going to be a solid every game starter, so why sit it out?

He will now be a big dog in a small pond and he'll more than likely play every game and a bigger role.

In my opinion, good luck to him.

One thing that this year's freshmen have going for them is that three of the five are a little older, with Genoway, Zajac and Vandevelde all having played an extra year of junior hockey after high school. While this doesn't offer any promises of spectacular play, it does at least suggest they will be ready to step in and be solid, which is not insignificant when you're speaking of lower line/pairing players (this year).

Bishop, on the other hand, comes in as a true freshman, and may have more adjustment issues than the others.

And then there's Forney, to me the real wildcard of the class. With the US Junior camp underway, we may finally begin to answer the question of what we have in Michael Forney. Last summer, he had a breakout performance at the US Selects, then followed it up by teaming with Kyle Okposo to form the US's dominant offensive duo at the U18 summer tourney. Since then, Okposo starred in the USHL and shot up the NHL draft charts, while Forney played an extended high school football season, then led his hockey team to the state tournament before a shoulder injury ended his season in the first game there. After rehabbing with Team USA and preparing to play in the Spring U18 tourney, he broke his ankle in a pretournament practice, which put him on the shelf for another couple months. So he's only played about three months of hockey in the last year, which is about nine months less than his peers. Is he ready for college? We should start to get an indication based on how he fits in at the summer camp currently underway.