SiouxSports.com Forum

J-Par Likely Gone

TMK

At the risk of being ridiculed for not having an official link, and for being an extremely in-frequent poster, I heard tonight from a coach in the region with ties to the program that J-Par is likely making the jump. He has 4 teams interested in him and is close to signing a free agent contract. I didn't even know teams could sign un-drafted free agents right now. Anyone know any different? Hope it ain't true but he thought by the end of the weekend or by Monday something would be announced.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of being ridiculed for not having an official link, and for being an extremely in-frequent poster, I heard tonight from a coach in the region with ties to the program that J-Par is likely making the jump. He has 4 teams interested in him and is close to signing a free agent contract. I didn't even know teams could sign un-drafted free agents right now. Anyone know any different? Hope it ain't true but he thought by the end of the weekend or by Monday something would be announced.

Why can't you jacka$$es just sit on your speculation until there is a REAL source? :D Here we go again...

Why can't you jacka$$es just sit on your speculation until there is a REAL source? :D Here we go again...

oh, oh, according to this one source oshie is gone, and this other source says duncan will probably leave.....OH and this one guy i know, oh he said Fabian is gone. the other day i heard from this one buddy of mine who knows this one guy who knows another dude who says he knows some people...yeah, he said that hakstol is not comin back to coach anymore.....

ANY OF THIS SOUND FAMILIAR!!!

everyone SHUT UP about people leaving until SOMEONE SOMEWHERE that is a 100% credible source (i.e. fightingsioux.com or the GF Herald) says that they have signed a contract or something like that. just, please, STOP THE BULL S*** and get a life

I heard froma credible source that the guy who moves the nets in between periods and fills the goalies waterbottles is going pro also and will announce this int eh coming week. :D:0

I agree that none of this needs to be posted until a official announcement is made and links can be provided.

RMS

Keep one thing in mind here folks. You come to this sight of your own free-will. If you do not want to participate in the discussion, then don't, it's that simple. Many people come here to see what is happening with Sioux Hockey, unfortunately early departures are part of the program. You can be mad and deny all you want, but many times when there is heresay, or rumor, or specualtion, they happen to come true. I don't like the fact that we lose all these players early either, but I don't get pissed when it happens. If you dont want to here this stuff just stay away, that's the best advice I can give you cause it is not going to stop. At least not until october when the team takes the ice once again.

I will probably get flamed for this but this is my opinion. It seems like the players we are bringing in don't seem to have the loyality to the program like some others do, Are we just bringing in mercenaries(sp) or college hockey players? I know if I was offered big $ I would have to go but the money will be there after thier Jr or Sr years. It just seems if a program goes out on a limb the least you could do is give them 3 years of service for the chance they were given. I know with our program getting high profile recruits that is a pipe dream but in the off season man that's all I have. Imagine what the Sioux national titles would have looked like if Kevin Maxwell,Troy Murray,Ed Belfour,Tony Hrkac,Zach Praise,Travis Zajac,Ian Kidd,Brady Murray and others had played more than one or two years, I might have missed a few of the one or two year guys but you get the picture. End of my rant looking foward to 06-07 and whoever might be left. GO SIOUX :0:D

Keep one thing in mind here folks. You come to this sight of your own free-will. If you do not want to participate in the discussion, then don't, it's that simple.

Triouxper is right, unforunately this site brings a few trolls to that like to spen their time trolling. Like someone said big deal. Besides after his performance in the frozen four I have a hard time believing four team would be interested in him. Whatever, all that means is that Hak has to go get another goaltender.

I will probably get flamed for this but this is my opinion. It seems like the players we are bringing in don't seem to have the loyality to the program like some others do, Are we just bringing in mercenaries(sp) or college hockey players? I know if I was offered big $ I would have to go but the money will be there after thier Jr or Sr years. It just seems if a program goes out on a limb the least you could do is give them 3 years of service for the chance they were given. I know with our program getting high profile recruits that is a pipe dream but in the off season man that's all I have. Imagine what the Sioux national titles would have looked like if Kevin Maxwell,Troy Murray,Ed Belfour,Tony Hrkac,Zach Praise,Travis Zajac,Ian Kidd,Brady Murray and others had played more than one or two years, I might have missed a few of the one or two year guys but you get the picture. End of my rant looking foward to 06-07 and whoever might be left. GO SIOUX :0:D

I agree with you, there is no loyalty anymore. There is no reason to flame at all because you are 100% correct. 99% of the players seem to bolt at the first chance they get. It is just frustrating as a Sioux fan when we look to have a dominant team for the next year and 4 or 5 guys leave with a couple of them leaving somewhat unexpetedly. All of a sudden you have a bunch of holes left in your roster with your top players moving on. It's gotta be tough on the coaches.

This off-season will never end.

The Sioux will still be very talented despite all these early departures, but losing 4 or 5 of their best players in one off-season will definitely bring them back with the rest of the pack.

oh, oh, according to this one source oshie is gone, and this other source says duncan will probably leave.....OH and this one guy i know, oh he said Fabian is gone. the other day i heard from this one buddy of mine who knows this one guy who knows another dude who says he knows some people...yeah, he said that hakstol is not comin back to coach anymore.....

ANY OF THIS SOUND FAMILIAR!!!

everyone SHUT UP about people leaving until SOMEONE SOMEWHERE that is a 100% credible source (i.e. fightingsioux.com or the GF Herald) says that they have signed a contract or something like that. just, please, STOP THE BULL S*** and get a life

You're the one who needs to get a life. TMK was privy to some information that he or she thought most Sioux fans would be interested in so he/she posted it. Instead of getting mad because you're too juvenile too accept information that you don't really want to hear, you should thank that poster for trying to give fellow Sioux fans some important info. Siouxnami, prpichrocks_19, and RMS, the same goes for you. Why get mad at someone for posting something they heard from a pretty reliable source? Accept it or not, but don't get mad at the poster who is simply trying to give you information about your favorite team.

Triouxper is right, unforunately this site brings a few trolls to that like to spen their time trolling. Like someone said big deal. Besides after his performance in the frozen four I have a hard time believing four team would be interested in him. Whatever, all that means is that Hak has to go get another goaltender.

I have no problem believing teams are interested in him. He's one of the best goalies in the NCAA who finished his junior year and he's 23 years old. He's an unrestricted free agent so of course he'll get a lot of attention from numerous teams. I've assumed he was leaving for months now.

I've said it before. The goal for these guy's is the National Hockey League. Unfortunately, UND is a stepping stone for them. That does not mean they don't care about the program, the town, the fans, ect. Most of them are very proud to pull on the Sioux jersey, and they come here because of the tradition, and to develop in the program, but when the time comes for them to go, they HAVE to go. I refuse to begrudge anyone from persuing their lifelong ambition. Enjoy them while they are here, because we are fortunate to have some of them, even if it is only for two years (like Zach, Zajac, ect., ect., the list is too long to post). If we have TJ and Toews here one more year, you will see what kind of special players these guys really are. I say just enjoy what we have while we have them, and wish those moving on the best of luck.

90% of a message board is opinion and non-official news. Stop attacking people for posting something without a link, if you just want official news, stick to the news page, don't attack other posters.

"Here we go again" seems to imply that it has been a bad thing when this has happend in the past, whereas instead frequent message board readers have heard every piece of interesting news (signings / departures) days or even weeks before there's an "official" link.

Your fellow posters have different connections than you and bring interesting rumors to the table, that's the point of the message board. Yes, a troll will sometimes sneak in and post something false. Astute readers can discuss the topic, assess the credibility of the poster, and vet the rumor without attacking the person.

You're the one who needs to get a life. TMK was privy to some information that he or she thought most Sioux fans would be interested in so he/she posted it. Instead of getting mad because you're too juvenile too accept information that you don't really want to hear, you should thank that poster for trying to give fellow Sioux fans some important info. Siouxnami, prpichrocks_19, and RMS, the same goes for you. Why get mad at someone for posting something they heard from a pretty reliable source? Accept it or not, but don't get mad at the poster who is simply trying to give you information about your favorite team.

people can give as much of an opinion as they want. people can say that the person them self told them so. but, hell, Staffy told me himself he wasnt leaving this year, and he did. makes me scared about toews, cause he told me the same thing. ya never know. i jsut think that the # of people who come in and say "oh this possibly credible source told me he will most likely be gone" is rediculous because it seems that is all everyone ever says until it is official. now, not sayin people cant, i know i said that in my last post, but.....it just seems like its all a lost cause putting up here say until it is official. i appreciate people who have actual, credible inside sources. and no, they dont have to say what their source is, but there are also people who come in with heresay from nowhere (work, or around campus for instance) and dont know what they are tlaking about. the only time I personally have said either way on a player leaving was regarding Stafford and Toews because i know them enough to have held conversations with them online and in class, and so far, i was wrong on Stafford, Toews has yet to be determined. This jsut goes to show that no matter how credible your source may be, things can happen that changes that. I'm not sayin stop posting opinions. Like some of you have said, its what makes this forum spark. But, i do think it was a little rediculous to start one thread about a topic already being argued over at length in another thread. Anyways, thats just my 2 cents.....sorry if i offended anyone. And btw buckysieve, i may only be a college student, but please, juvenile?

I'm at work so I can't spend to much time researching how long all the players listed stayed. BUT I do know Eddie was only here for one year. He's still a strong supporter of Fighting Sioux hockey.

I won't believe anyone is gone until there's an official statement. Would I post if I heard from THE SOURCE that someone is leaving/staying/retiring? Yep. And as been stated over and over again, these boys have been dreaming of the NHL their entire cognizant lives. Who are we to say they should stay here for two, three, four years. If Jordy has an offer he wants to take, GO FOR IT JORDY!!!!!

people can give as much of an opinion as they want. people can say that the person them self told them so. but, hell, Staffy told me himself he wasnt leaving this year, and he did. makes me scared about toews, cause he told me the same thing. ya never know. i jsut think that the # of people who come in and say "oh this possibly credible source told me he will most likely be gone" is rediculous because it seems that is all everyone ever says until it is official. now, not sayin people cant, i know i said that in my last post, but.....it just seems like its all a lost cause putting up here say until it is official. i appreciate people who have actual, credible inside sources. and no, they dont have to say what their source is, but there are also people who come in with heresay from nowhere (work, or around campus for instance) and dont know what they are tlaking about. the only time I personally have said either way on a player leaving was regarding Stafford and Toews because i know them enough to have held conversations with them online and in class, and so far, i was wrong on Stafford, Toews has yet to be determined. This jsut goes to show that no matter how credible your source may be, things can happen that changes that. I'm not sayin stop posting opinions. Like some of you have said, its what makes this forum spark. But, i do think it was a little rediculous to start one thread about a topic already being argued over at length in another thread. Anyways, thats just my 2 cents.....sorry if i offended anyone. And btw buckysieve, i may only be a college student, but please, juvenile?

I think this guy said it best...

On a side note, I am glad this board has recently seemed to grab the attention of some younger participants, as all opinions are welcomed here, but is there any chance some of you could try to post a little more like an adult would speak. I am not asking for perfect typing, grammar or anything close to it. Just give those of us born before 1990 a chance to follow along.

I know the goal is to play in the NHL but they should have some sense of loyality in mho. If you were hiring people for a business would you hire them and train them so they could move on?( Don't kid yourself college hockey is a business) I do see both sides of this battle but in "my" opinion there should be more loyality. it must be awful tough on the coaching staffs of all high profile programs to recruit for the future when you don't know how long players will stay,which ones become busts and which ones out perform expectations. This is a message board and all opinions our welcome, some more than others as long as people don't use the K word while the TRIOUXPER is lurking :D:0:0

Dude, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, you claim to be a college student, but your posts are very hard to follow at times. Secondly, you seem to be a little naive as to how the world works. Please, don't take this the wrong way it's just constructive criticism. Thirdly, you almost seem a little jealous that someone might know something that you do not, therefore you get upset. I'm just trying to help you out here, so please, please don't get pissed at me. OK ?

I agree with you, there is no loyalty anymore. There is no reason to flame at all because you are 100% correct. 99% of the players seem to bolt at the first chance they get. It is just frustrating as a Sioux fan when we look to have a dominant team for the next year and 4 or 5 guys leave with a couple of them leaving somewhat unexpetedly. All of a sudden you have a bunch of holes left in your roster with your top players moving on. It's gotta be tough on the coaches.

You guys have this dead on.. It has nothing to do with that they don't have loyality to the program, but they have a larger loyality to themselves and the rest of their lives.

Look at it like this....

You finish your soph. year having another solid season (most of these guys have played a year or two of juniors also so they aren't your normal sophs either), you are drafted and the team offers you the league min of $250-$350 a year (normally for 3 years) plus a small signing bonus.

Now, you have to decide if you stay. You probably have 200+ practices and 40+ games the next season. Any of them could cause a career ending injury, which means you don't get any money and the golden ticket is gone for good, and even if you do come back, you now have a big question mark over your head that every team is going to think about during their contracts talks with you.

So do you gamble and stick around to see if you can get your name on a trophy or do you take the money, which will help you make life alot easier, and try and get your name on a REAL trophy.

Its not a real difficult choice, there are far too many opportunites to get injuried to not take the money.

And as for flaming someone for stating a little inside info...

"Lighting up Francis"

It's called inside info for a reason. If it had a "link" it wouldn't be inside info. So just read it and chill, just because you didn't hear about it first doesn't mean it false. Unless the poster has a record of making BS rumor posts, there is a good chance of what they are saying is going to happen, will actually happen.

[stepping off soap box :D ]