SiouxSports.com Forum

J-Par Likely Gone

TMK

Actually Minnesota is tied with UND for National Titles (7-7). Minnesota had two titles before the NCAA was adopted. One was in 1940 and the other one was around 1918, thus making it seven titles for Minnesota.

thats friken halrious, those are not NC$$ titles and if you think they are i want what you are smoking because that must be some straight chronic...i cant wait to be drinking in msp next year and listen for some dumb azz gopher fan bring up 1918 and 1940, but i guess if you need those 2 extra ones to just be even with us then go ahead ??? i understand :D

either way north dakota will have more NC$$ titles than all minnesota schools combined for years to come.......

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats friken halrious, those are not NC$$ titles and if you think they are i want what you are smoking because that must be some straight chronic...i cant wait to be drinking in msp next year and listen for some dumb azz gopher fan bring up 1918 and 1940, but i guess if you need those 2 extra ones to just be even with us then go ahead ??? i understand :D

either way north dakota will have more NC$$ titles than all minnesota schools combined for years to come.......

If the NCAA was abanded and replaced by some other organization would UND still claim the 7 Championships they got under the NCAA? If they did it is the same thing as the Gophers claiming their other 2 Championships that were not under the NCAA.

If the NCAA was abanded and replaced by some other organization would UND still claim the 7 Championships they got under the NCAA? If they did it is the same thing as the Gophers claiming their other 2 Championships that were not under the NCAA.

Now we are splitting hairs and being funny.

You are really reaching now. This would be hilarious if it were not so pathetic. Were they still wearing rubber boots or did they progress to figure skates?

You are really reaching now. This would be hilarious if it were not so pathetic. Were they still wearing rubber boots or did they progress to figure skates?

I know I'm reaching about the NCAA abanding, but all I'm saying is before there was a NCAA the Gophers won two other titles (1940 Championship Title Name was under the AAU and I'm not sure about the name of other one). I just don't think UND would relinquish their 7 titles if the NCAA no longer existed just like the Gophers shouldn't abanden their two titles just because they won them before there was a NCAA. If UND had won a title Pre NCAA would they claim it as a Championship title?

I know I'm reaching about the NCAA abanding, but all I'm saying is before there was a NCAA the Gophers won two other titles (1940 Championship Title Name was under the AAU and I'm not sure about the name of other one). I just don't think UND would relinquish their 7 titles if the NCAA no longer existed just like the Gophers shouldn't abanden their two titles just because they won them before there was a NCAA. If UND had won a title Pre NCAA would they claim it as a Championship title?

exactly, those other banners are stupid to hand unless you are a team that never gets any further than the 1st round of the nc$$'s. we should hang final 5 titles, theres nothing wrong with hanging conference tourney title banners ???

No. That would be petty and embarassing. UND does not even hang NCAA appearances or 2nd place finishes. If we had to resort to that, we would deserve to be ridiculed like St. Cloud is for hanging NCAA appearance banners. Please tell me that Minnesota does not hang those banners. If Minnesota actually does, the absolutely deserve to be ridiculed. I couldn't care less if this is Minnesota or any other school--a pre NCAA title is a joke. What's next, club championships? Intramurals?

I'm not going to expand in a Parise thread, but you are just as wrong as Hockey1.

What's next, club championships? Intramurals?

Subway Holiday Classic banners.

Actually, I'd like to hang WCHA Tourney championship banners (in addition to WCHA regular season championships and NCAA championships).

And as far as Parise, my personal suspicion is .... Gone.

I'm not going to expand in a Parise thread, but you are just as wrong as Hockey1.

Thank you for not sharing because I personally do not care. This has been beat to death, but I really doubt that you are going to sway me or a majority of Sioux fans or fans of any other program looking at this objectively. Riddle me this Batman---who other than jealous and insecure Gopher fans count the 2 pre-NCAA banners? You don't have to answer--it was a rhetorical question. If you graduated from NDSU, have someone explain what rhetorical means.

With this lingering rumor about Parise, any guesses as to what organizations are interested?

I bet the Senators are looking for a goalie after Emerys performance in the Semis. ???:D

Because we all know from talking to badger rubes that Elliot is staying put this fall. Ok, yeah.

I bet the Senators are looking for a goalie after Emerys performance in the Semis. ???:D

Because we all know from talking to badger rubes that Elliot is staying put this fall. Ok, yeah.

I believe there are four teams that could make him an offer; New Jersey, Tampa Bay, Chicago or Vancouver.

I would add colorado to that list.

Actually I think Theodore is a all-star goalie and will have a great year next season.

Their back up goalie who I can't spell his name is also pretty well so I am not so sure I would say that.

This is sooo very true. Eddie Belfour does more for Sioux hockey than most of us will ever know. He is as dedicated to the Fighting Sioux as Ralph Engelstad was. He's been helping ever since he move up to the NHL, and, he delivered again last week. ???

And it's not just those two, the loyalty that former Sioux players show is unmatched by any other program in the country. Blaiser used to talk about that quite a bit because he is very familiar with more than one program. When the Sioux have their hockey reunions, players fly in from all over North America. When other programs have their reunions, they have a hard time getting people to drive across town.