SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank You

mprpich

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Where does a person start to say how much we have enjoyed watching you the past 4 years. You are a great player, and will truely be missed by many. Good luck with whatever path you take from here, but remember, you are always welcome back in ND, and you will always be a part of this family. We will miss you.

Now please pass the tissues...my mascara is running :lol:

That's because we have the best players and coaches in the country......thank you, and best of luck.

Yeah, that makes rooting for the team easy. :lol:

Thanks Mike. You really were fun to watch.

P.S. Thanks for agreeing with me on who your successor will most likely be (Kaip).

Well I've been here for four years now and have enjoyed every minute I have spent here in Grand Forks and playing for the University of North Dakota. I wanted to thank you the fans for all of the support you have given me as well as our team during my time here. You are all truely great hockey fans and the best in the country. I know at times my antics on the ice have driven alot of you nuts and many times questioned why I do the things I do. I have been very fortunate to play for such a tradition rich school and I am very proud to say that I am part of the Fighting Sioux family. Being so far away from home I would like to thank all of those people who have taken me in as one of their own and helped me along the way. You the fans are who make this such a great place to play hockey and live. I will take away from my time here more lasting memories than I can even count. Thank you I will miss playing here so much.

To my friends and family thank you for the support you have given me over the years, with out you I would never be where I am today, and would not be the person I am. From the hundred of hours spent on the road driving from game to game and tournament to tournament no mater where it was THANK YOU! Thank you for giving me this opprotunity to play such a wonderful sport that has taught me so much.

Lastly to my teammates and coaches, Thank you for such a great season, you all taught me a great deal about what it takes to percievere and excell when all others might count you out. You have made this last year of mine here one that I will not soon forget. I know it didn't end the way we wanted it but I know next year and the years to come you will make all of us proud and proud to say we to once wore the green and white.

Thank you all again for a great time here.

#19 Mike Prpich, Member of the Fighting Sioux forever

Thank You Mr. Prpich for giving us the opportunity to watch you play the sport that we love for the team that we love. Good Luck...

Well I've been here for four years now and have enjoyed every minute I have spent here in Grand Forks and playing for the University of North Dakota. I wanted to thank you the fans for all of the support you have given me as well as our team during my time here. You are all truely great hockey fans and the best in the country. I know at times my antics on the ice have driven alot of you nuts and many times questioned why I do the things I do. I have been very fortunate to play for such a tradition rich school and I am very proud to say that I am part of the Fighting Sioux family. Being so far away from home I would like to thank all of those people who have taken me in as one of their own and helped me along the way. You the fans are who make this such a great place to play hockey and live. I will take away from my time here more lasting memories than I can even count. Thank you I will miss playing here so much.

To my friends and family thank you for the support you have given me over the years, with out you I would never be where I am today, and would not be the person I am. From the hundred of hours spent on the road driving from game to game and tournament to tournament no mater where it was THANK YOU! Thank you for giving me this opprotunity to play such a wonderful sport that has taught me so much.

Lastly to my teammates and coaches, Thank you for such a great season, you all taught me a great deal about what it takes to percievere and excell when all others might count you out. You have made this last year of mine here one that I will not soon forget. I know it didn't end the way we wanted it but I know next year and the years to come you will make all of us proud and proud to say we to once wore the green and white.

Thank you all again for a great time here.

#19 Mike Prpich, Member of the Fighting Sioux forever

Thank you Mike! I will miss you so much! Thanks for the great memories!

Wow.

Mike, thanks for posting.

I, too, was one who occasionally was frustrated with a penalty from time to time but I absolutely DUG 95% of what you put on the ice.

You are a unique player and character and you have created your own page in Fighting Sioux hockey lore.

Among all the great contributions you brought to the team and the program, I'm sure many that we couldn't see on the ice, I will forever remember the ever-present smile. Whether it was after a great play, or agitating an opponent, you showed how much you truly loved being out there.

And that's the kind of player who becomes a fan favorite.

We will miss you. Thanks for the memories. Good luck to you in everything you do.

(p.s. I wonder if you realize how much us rube fans appreciate a post like that from a player?)

Thanks for making Fighting Sioux hockey memorable for fans of all ages. There will never be another player quite like you. From the grin, to the water bottle, to constantly getting in the other teams head... your antics will never be forgotten. I feel bad for the next person that wears the #19 because those skates will be impossible to fill. Thanks for the memories and good luck with everything in the future!

Prp. Thanks for the past 4 years. Thanks for everything you have done as a Sioux hockey player. Thanks for your loyalty. Thanks for playing with heart and never taking a shift off. Thanks for the salute after the regional. Thanks for your post. Thanks for it all.

You have left an indelible mark on UND hockey. You will not be forgotten. You will be missed.

Good luck in all that you do and where ever you go!!

Prp,

What more is there to say. I'd just be repeating everyone else.

You're a class act. My son thinks your great and he customized a player as you on the EA Sports NHL 2006 for the Detroit Red Wings! You'll always be around at our house now!

God bless, God speed in everything that you do. You'll be missed but never forgotten!

From the UND hockey dictionary for beginners:

Mike Prpich (mike purr pick) <Canadian> n. (1) to constantly have a smile on one's face, no matter the situation, (2) a long drink from an opponent's water bottle, (3) an itchy rash felt under opponent's skin during competition, (4) a Gwoz balancing precariously on the dasher, (5) to always participate with heart and/or desire, (6) dedicated to maximum effort with class.

What more can be said about an individual that we will miss from UND Hockey. Welcome to the UND Hockey Character Hall of Fame. Best wishes in the future.

Thanks for four years of FUN.

It was fun watching your antics on the ice, fun watching the reactions of our opponents to those antics, fun seeing that great smile on your face during and after an antic of yours and fun seeing that smile when you picked yourself up off the ice. Damn, I'm gonna miss you. There is no doubt in my mind that you will succeed in achieving all your dreams.

Siouxmama, pass those tissues!! :lol:

Mike, reading the responses to your post will give you just a sampling of how many people, young and old, whom you have touched with your spirit and your dedication. There are many, many more. I think you can see, also, that Soux fans will always try to make North Dakota home for you. Keep living your life with the passion you gave us on the ice, and it will be a rich one. You will be missed.

Mike, I would almost have to watch with my eyes closed when when you were skating down the ice with 2 hands on the stick, because I thought for sure that someone was going to get smacked. I looked forward to every shift you played because you were never sure what was going to happen next. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. Thanks for the memories. Good luck.

Thanks Mike for 4 years of inspired hockey from yourself.You played the game like I did and I to questioned some of the things I did.One thing was for sure when you were on the ice and that is you played for the name on the front of your jersey and not the one on the back.Good luck to whatever you decide to do in the future and maybe I will see you at Blaine again this summer coaching the Predators hockey teams.Thanks again Mike you are a class act.