SiouxSports.com Forum

I ONLY WISH THE BEST FOR RYAN P

Driveforshow

I know that Ryan played for the gophers and I had wished he had played at UND , but he is a grand forks kid and I think it would be great to see him first win the HB award then move on and make a name for himself in the pros and we should be proud that he is from Grand Forks. Most of us know that he is a great kid and I only wish the best. GOOD LUCK RYAN

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Ryan played for the gophers and I had wished he had played at UND , but he is a grand forks kid and I think it would be great to see him first win the HB award then move on and make a name for himself in the pros and we should be proud that he is from Grand Forks. Most of us know that he is a great kid and I only wish the best. GOOD LUCK RYAN

YEAH... It would be great to see a North Dakota guy take the HB!

Carle controlled the game, offensively and defensively, from the defenseman position.

Rare, very rare, is the individual that can do that.

That's why Carle would get my nod.

Look at the stats. Ryan is in the top three in every major stat list in the country. IF Ryan played for the Sioux everyone of you would be saying he should get it. If Carle controlled the game so good why didn't he give his team a shot at the frozen four. I am a huge Sioux fan, but I feel Ryan's stats should have some say so it this decision.

Look at the stats. Ryan is in the top three in every major stat list in the country. IF Ryan played for the Sioux everyone of you would be saying he should get it. If Carle controlled the game so good why didn't he give his team a shot at the frozen four. I am a huge Sioux fan, but I feel Ryan's stats should have some say so it this decision.

I wish Ryan nothing but the best for his future and career in hockey.

I don't have an opinion about who should win the hobey, but I do feel your arguement has a major flaw. While stats are good and can give you a general idea about a players abilities, a lot of what makes a hockey player great (this works for all sports) doesn't show up on a stat sheet.

Ryan's stats will hurt him because of the significant number of goals coming against sub-par competition. (Look at the fraction of his goals that came against UAA.)

Carle led the nation in assists. Not for defensemen, all scorers.

Stats indeed.

Ryan's stats will hurt him because of the significant number of goals coming against sub-par competition. (Look at the fraction of his goals that came against UAA.)

Carle led the nation in assists. Not for defensemen, all scorers.

Stats indeed.

If you are going to go off of assists then panzer got the shaft. Assists are what they are. Putting the puck in the net is what the next level looks at.

I think it's essentially a toss-up between Carle and Potulny for the Hobey. Both of them have had outstanding seasons and both are deserving. But because Ryan is a Grand Forks kid, I'd really like to see him get it.

I think it's essentially a toss-up between Carle and Potulny for the Hobey. Both of them have had outstanding seasons and both are deserving. But because Ryan is a Grand Forks kid, I'd really like to see him get it.

Ditto with one more bonus.

The NCAA yappers (can't call them really commentators because that means they'd actually have to pay more attention to the game than they have been) all are saying Carle. He's very deserving but I love upsets. So I hope Ryan gets it. I think Carle really does deserve it, but even so, Ryan lead his team deeper into the postseason (even if it was by losing the last three games) than Carle did. He did do everything he could do to beat SCSU. It's not his fault that Briggs and the Gopher D decided that it was an optional game. He did not get squat against Holy Cross, but he certainly was trying hard. He wasn't coasting like...say...Wheeler was in most respects (How many of you Gopher lurkers expected me to say Kessel? :D).

I think Ryan getting the award would be a great thing for Grand Forks, Minnesota, and the WCHA. When it comes down to it, the WCHA needs to win all of the awards, IMO. If not the Sioux, the WCHA I always say.

Ditto with one more bonus.

The NCAA yappers (can't call them really commentators because that means they'd actually have to pay more attention to the game than they have been) all are saying Carle. He's very deserving but I love upsets. So I hope Ryan gets it. I think Carle really does deserve it, but even so, Ryan lead his team deeper into the postseason (even if it was by losing the last three games) than Carle did. He did do everything he could do to beat SCSU. It's not his fault that Briggs and the Gopher D decided that it was an optional game. He did not get squat against Holy Cross, but he certainly was trying hard. He wasn't coasting like...say...Wheeler was in most respects (How many of you Gopher lurkers expected me to say Kessel? :D).

I think Ryan getting the award would be a great thing for Grand Forks, Minnesota, and the WCHA. When it comes down to it, the WCHA needs to win all of the awards, IMO. If not the Sioux, the WCHA I always say.

Great point RedWing.

I'm not pro or anti Carle or Potulny...I could care less who wins the Hobey...but 1 thing is for sure...1 player does not make a hockey team. To say "If Carle controlled the game so good why didn't he give his team a shot at the frozen four" is assinine.

I'm not pro or anti Carle or Potulny...I could care less who wins the Hobey...but 1 thing is for sure...1 player does not make a hockey team. To say "If Carle controlled the game so good why didn't he give his team a shot at the frozen four" is assinine.

I agree. That's why if Carle wins the Hobey, it's no upset. Same thing if Ryan wins. If Collins from HE wins........ THAT is an upset.

I totally agree, What a Classy Family with both boys Grant and Ryan, Ryan is very deserving and I hope he wins! It's always great to see the local boy become a hero!....Good Luck Ryan