SiouxSports.com Forum

I ONLY WISH THE BEST FOR RYAN P

Driveforshow

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem. Frankly, I'm opposed to voting AGAINST someone and prefer to vote FOR someone else. There are plenty of reasons to like candidates without being negative.

I disagree with sagard's assessment that winning the WCHA doesn't mean much. It's a conference championship and they still raise banners for them at Mariucci and REA, don't they?

You are correct. Winning the WCHA is a BIG deal. That's the one that says you played good hockey for a long period time. The 'Championship" in any sport, at any level, is all about who is playing the best at the time.

A hockey season is more of a marathon than a sprint........playoff's, especially in a single elimination tourny are definately a sprint.

Duly noted. However, I didn't say that anyone should take that into consideration when placing their vote, did I? I can think of a lot of other reasons why Potulny shouldn't win the Hobey that are better than "Lucia screwed Panzer."

I am just saying people talk about loyalty to conference, UMN shouldn't expect any from Hak because of his vote for Miller the year Panzer was in the Hobey race. Just my HMO. Not saying that Miller wasn't deserving. Miller is a starter in the NHL now, Panzer has been stuck in the AHL.

How about if I lay it out like this?

If Minnesota had won the games it was supposed to have won against lesser teams, we'd now know which team was better at the end of the season.

But because the Gophers choked their season away, all you can do is come here a woof about next season.

Is that clear for you? Or do I need to draw you a picture?

Draw a picture!

Done! :D

HO-ly_Cross.jpg

PCM, just watch out for that sneaky hubris.....

on a RELATED note for this topic, Ryan did NOT make the hobey hat trick...some shmuck from HE did...now wait and see that Collins will win it...too many from the WCHA lately....gotta keep the HE money boys happy...

W

PCM, just watch out for that sneaky hubris.....

on a RELATED note for this topic, Ryan did NOT make the hobey hat trick...some shmuck from HE did...now wait and see that Collins will win it...too many from the WCHA lately....gotta keep the HE money boys happy...

W

Who are the three?

I don't think Collins will win it. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that Collins would bump either Potulny or Elliott for a spot with in the final three. Carle is still the favorite in my opinion.

I was watching it Friday night when it showed up to bite a bunch of Gopher fans in their collective rear ends. :D

you are COR-RECT sir!

I don't think Collins will win it. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that Collins would bump either Potulny or Elliott for a spot with in the final three. Carle is still the favorite in my opinion.

Well that is all the specualtion right now, with that supposed "inside" info....maybe RP will still make it, but I really doubt that a WCHA player will get it, it has been very WCHA-centric th elast few years (as it SHOULD be!)

W

you are COR-RECT sir!

Well that is all the specualtion right now, with that supposed "inside" info....maybe RP will still make it, but I really doubt that a WCHA player will get it, it has been very WCHA-centric th elast few years (as it SHOULD be!)

W

If you haven't heard from other threads or other sites, RyPo definitely did not make it. Even though he and his brother jumped across the border for college hockey, he should prove to be a strong source of pride for Grand Forks and North Dakota in his career with the Flyers and onward.

If you haven't heard from other threads or other sites, RyPo definitely did not make it. Even though he and his brother jumped across the border for college hockey, he should prove to be a strong source of pride for Grand Forks and North Dakota in his career with the Flyers and onward.

We'll see. My guess is a few games with the Flyers, then a nice career with the Phantoms.

We'll see. My guess is a few games with the Flyers, then a nice career with the Phantoms.

Guys like RP and Bochenski are scorers and there will be a place in the league for them. I'd take beer bets he has 50 NHL goals in five years. With the Flyers aggressively pursueing him, he will no doubt get a shot which seems like it is at least half the battle.