SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Michigan Game Thread

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Sparky dangled around 4 stunned Wolverines... excluding goals that was my highlight of the Sioux game.

"No one and I mean NO ONE, comes into our house and pushes us around"

HC Crusaders, we were your biggest fans tonight, tomorrow you will transform from Crusaders to Purple felines

I don't know why, but I haven't felt this elated about any win that I can remember.

I don't even remember feeling this way after watching the Sioux boot the Gophers out of the tournament in Columbus last year.

There was just something about the way they played today that made it look like....I don't know....it was just amazing to watch them do their thing tonight.

Watching the game again right now, and this was as close to a complete game that the Sioux have played all season. What better time to be playing your best hockey. The overall team speed is amazing. The passes are tape to tape, especially on Duncan's first goal. Feeling good right now!

What a night of hockey and to be at the Ralph. The Sioux crowd was really behind Holy Cross and the place went nuts when they scored in OT. The crowd roared and clapped continuously until after the handshakes were completed and the Crusaders left the ice. Almost every Holy Cross player acknowledged the crowd as they left the ice. It really set the tone for the Sioux-Michigan game.

I have never heard the Ralph that electric and crowd into it as they were during the Sioux game. It was dynamic and noisy. It is 1:35 am, my throat is sore and hoarse, and I am so pumped that I can't go to sleep yet.

Plan to hit the tailgating party at the old Ralph tomorrow and THE GAME!!! I have my tickets to the Frozen Four and the car is almost packed.

What a night! Gotta love those SIOUX!!!!!

In my opinion, best game the Sioux have played this year (that I have seen). I know that Michigan is a mediocre team in a mediocre conference, but I don't think it matters who was on the ice tonight.

How about some props for Hakstol? He's definitely proving to be a master at getting his team to peak in March & April.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Holy Cross has never had that many people cheering for them before. Too bad for them they have to be on the other side tomorrow night!

Nothing about 9 National Championships says mediocre. Plus they have one of the winningest coaches in NCAA history. And an extremely talented corps. of freshmen. Too bad they'll be watching the rest of the tourney from Ann Arbor. :angry:

My highlight of the game (one of many) was Parise's stack of the pads in the 3rd, where he got the GLOVE on the puck. Almost like he knew he would catch it. He didn't have to be great, but he sure was.

Plus, Oshie in the 3rd (and maybe the game) had more zip than anyone out there. I LOVE how he just strips the puck away from anyone and everyone...no matter who the player is. He just refuses to give it up...unless it's a pass to member of the Fighting Sioux from North Dakota U!!!

Edit: PS...Fargosioux, your sig made me laugh!! Take that Potulny (2g>0p in head to head action).

Great road trip from Fargo to The Ralph. My seven year old son had a blast. His initials are T.J. but he has never used that nickname. He informed me tonight that he would like to be called "TJ" and he said "Dad, do you think I could ever meet him?" I can't wait until tomorrow night....am bringing a Limo full of Fargo Sioux fans to the Ralph.....GO SIOUX HOCKEY!

My seven year old son had a blast. His initials are T.J. but he has never used that nickname. He informed me tonight that he would like to be called "TJ" and he said "Dad, do you think I could ever meet him?"

Can't think of a better college hockey hero for a seven-year-old boy to have. You have to find a way for him to meet TJ. Hopefully, you will have next year to do it.

I'll be interested to see the "Red Star" today to see what they say about the Holy Cross debacle...all I know is, if the Gopher fans react as they did in Columbus last year, they will all be gone by about 10 this morning...So here is the official announcement: GRAND FORKS HAS BEEN DECLARED A RODENT-FREE ZONE....woohoooooo.....

Go Sioux....

Can't think of a better college hockey hero for a seven-year-old boy to have. You have to find a way for him to meet TJ. Hopefully, you will have next year to do it.

I believe that quite a few more seven year olds will dream of wearing the Kelly Green after watching yesterday's games in the REA. :angry:

Well, you earned another game of hockey. What are you going to do with it?

Totally Agree. I actually said something like that before the game last night... its one thing to put yourself in position of great opportunity, and its another thing entirely to take advantage of it.

Also, a tip of the cap to the 11,000 LOUD, RAUCOUS fans at the game last night. When you talk about playoff atmosphere, THAT was as good as it gets. Just outstanding.

Also, a tip of the cap to the 11,000 LOUD, RAUCOUS fans at the game last night. When you talk about playoff atmosphere, THAT was as good as it gets. Just outstanding.

The atmosphere rocked! It was so fun to have fans around us that cared about the hockey game and weren't just there to be there and to see who else is there.

And kudos to the guy in the suite behind me that dropped his beer on me........then honoring my request of the next beer being in a cup! And passing another one over the glass when that one was gone.

I can't wait to tailgate today!!!!

WWWWWOOOOOOO

Go Sioux!!!

Anyone else see Chorney leave the ice in obvious pain? It was right before the Mich goal. The way he left the ice and slammed his stick down on the bench, and then disappeared down the tunnel, I thought for sure it was going to be a season ending injury.... But then he was back on the ice 5 min later! What a relief!

Anyone else see Chorney leave the ice in obvious pain? It was right before the Mich goal. The way he left the ice and slammed his stick down on the bench, and then disappeared down the tunnel, I thought for sure it was going to be a season ending injury.... But then he was back on the ice 5 min later! What a relief!

No but I did see Drew limp off the ice, slightly bend over and that made my heart stutter!! He was back as strong as ever soon after.

I believe that he was hacked on the hands.

No but I did see Drew limp off the ice, slightly bend over and that made my heart stutter!! He was back as strong as ever soon after.

I believe that Drew is playing with pain, I told my buddy mark that UND should rest him tonight so he is ready for the Frozen Four. We are going to need him. Opps, I am getting haead of myself.