SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Michigan Game Thread

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win by the Sioux. Can't wait to see tomorrow nights game. I'm a fan, so I can be cocky....

After watching Holy Cross tonight, I think our team speed and skill level will be way too much for them. Thats just me.....

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stand up and cheer!!!

Way to go Fighting Sioux!!!

Take joy in this victory. Another game tomorrow. Never underestimate, never give up.

Rest up boys! The Regional Championship game is coming up soon.

Beat the Crusaders! Taking each game one at a time! Taking the Sioux to the Frozen Four.

This Molsons for you!!!

I think I just saw MafiaMan on TV.

EDIT: I think it was him

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showuser=45

Look at his profile. Whoever I saw on TV looks a lot like the guy on the right of the picture in his profile. He posted another pic, which I can't find right now, a couple days ago, that's why I recognized him so quickly.

Let's hope he had a shirt on!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MafiaMan on TV!!! End of the game.

Saw MafiaMan as well.

Anyways, that was a VERY WELL PLAYED GAME by the Sioux!

Parise I'm impressed with our freshmen! Hakstol has a chance to go to the Frozen Four twice in a row in his first two years as a head coach!

PCM, a month or two ago you said we were one game better than we were last year. I bow to your prognosticating skills!

Woog paying us homage. It's clearly paining him.

TJ Oshie is being called "The best NHL prospect in the NCAA I've ever seen" by Woog's neighbor.

Berry post-game comments:

First PP goal set the tempo of the game.

Spirko blocking shots, which isn't normal. Great effort by everyone tonight.

Oshie brings it every shift, every game. Never gave up on Zajac goal.

Holy Cross win may have helped us focus more.

Tomorrow, need to play our game. Need to be confident, but not too confident.

What an end to a great night.

Celebrate Sioux fans! Then get ready to root for our Fighting Sioux against Holy Cross.

I believe that we are indeed the stronger team but the Sioux will keep with their game plan of playing each game, each team one at a time.

Man, to be in Grand forks this weekend has got to be sweet.

Enjoy Sioux fans everywhere and we'll see you tonight (or tomorrow night depending on your time zone) in cheering our team on to the Regional Championship game!!

GO SIOUX!!

A VERY well played 60 mins of hockey. I thought UND started to sit back in the 2nd, but they really turned it on towards the end of that period.

It is just so fun to see a team play like that. They were FULL OF ENERGY!!!!

I got the game recorded, and that's going towards the collection.

I'm actually disappointed UND doesn't get the other M school. It would've been a really fun game to watch. OH well....

BRING ON THE GOPHERS CRUSADERS!! :angry:

Those of us who get FSNN will be treated tomorrow to BSU/UW!!!!!

Edit: AND CC/CORNELL!!

I just saw that on my ReplayTV. I'll be watching that before work tomorrow. Anyone know where in GF to watch tomorrow night's game if you get off work at 9?? :angry::lol:

I'm sure it will be on in every bar in the city.

So much to say, but just a few things ...

Paradise said, when it went to 4-on-4 earlier in the third, maybe this will give Michigan's skaters a little more room to use their speed. I laughed out loud thinking about the pairs of forwards UND was going to put out there. Yeah, they won't enjoy the extra room at all.

Later, Paradise said, the Sioux are winning all the 1-on-1 battles ... heck, they're winning the 1-on-3 battles!

Oshie's diving assist was very reminiscent of his assist to Marvin in the state tourney overtime last year.

Overall, I could not believe how dominating the Sioux were in closing the game out in the third. It was so different from the games at the X, where they were back on their heels. It was truly men against boys, except of course that in reality it was boys against boys. What a dominating, dominating performance.

And last year I wondered if Duncan might be another Hoogie, but I figured I was just dreaming. Well, he sure looks the part right now. Dynamic offensive skater, shooter, passer.

jk, you pretty much said it.

Very impressed with the play of Watkins and Lee tonite.

Excellent job finishing the game, boys. Way to go.

This team looks like it is firing on all cylindars right now, at least offensively.

And what can you say about Parise? What a rock he was tonite. The Sioux gave up a ton of shots, and some nice chances, but he got nearly all of them.

I don't believe I've ever seen our skill players look "prettier". The way they were dangling and working with the puck was at a level I don't believe I've ever seen. I'm talking almost all the skill guys. Zajac was even throwing the puck off the back of the net to himself in the 3rd.

Wow.

I would hope we won't see a let down tomorrow, even if the Sioux aren't quite at tonite's level. This seemed to be about as good as they have played yet.