SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU WCHA Final Five poster

johndahl

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FB confusion - I can understand. The NDSU/Wisconsin BB thing was pretty funny but also understandable. There really is NO excuse for this one though...We're a CHARTER MEMBER of the league for crying out loud! :angry:

I'm sure it was an accident by some knob but if anyone noticed, they didn't think enough about UND Hockey to try to fix it or just trash the posters and that's disrespect! If you have one you might want to drop it off at practice sometime this week - it'd look great hanging in the lockerroom I'm sure! :lol:

You know, the sad part is, that outside of the obvious error, it's actually one of the cooler items given out at any Final Five I've been to. It sure beats some Red Baron beads or black and teal (or was that supposed to be green, lol) pom poms.

They should have never been handed out with that error.

A formal letter of apology from the WCHA to the University of North Dakota is in order.

I believe the same would be true from Red Baron (and maybe theirs should have a check with it).

PS - Red Baron is part of Schwan's. Boycott (until they apologize) anyone?

http://www.schwansfoodservice.com/Brands/RedBaron.asp

Can't we lighten up a bit. Are we going to be like the Minnesota fans that boycott Senser's? I think the University of North Dakota is big enough to live through this slight, or do the people screaming so loudly really believe that UND is now in the shadow of NDSU. I certainly don't! Also, why isn't NDSU screaming for being potrayed with an offensive nickname? Maybe they'll take any exposure they can, even if it means being hypocritical about the nickname.

This isn't some minor flub up this is a major deal and should have never happened. I would bet you any amount of money if it happened to the UofMNTC it wouldn't have even been handed out however, since it is UND no one seems to care one bit. I think its time to write the people of the Red Barron Final Five.

Anyone have the emails so we can start flaming away.

St. Cloud has as much right to feel slighted as UND. After the Sioux beat Wisconsin, they announced that North Dakota would be playing Minnesota for the Championship on Saturday. Talk about overlooking the obvious. I didn't hear a correction either. Anybody else hear this?

St. Cloud has as much right to feel slighted as UND. After the Sioux beat Wisconsin, they announced that North Dakota would be playing Minnesota for the Championship on Saturday. Talk about overlooking the obvious. I didn't hear a correction either. Anybody else hear this?

When did this happen? I thought I heard it was on the Doug and Frank Show. Or did they actually announce it at the 'X.

If it was on the Doug and Frank show what do you expect from Dumb and Dumber?

When did this happen? I thought I heard it was on the Doug and Frank Show. Or did they actually announce it at the 'X.

If it was on the Doug and Frank show what do you expect from Dumb and Dumber?

They did announce it after the game on Friday. At first the announcer said that the Sioux would play in Saturday's Semi-Final game, then corrected himself and then said that UND would play the University of Minnesota Saturday evening at 7:35 pm.

The crew at the X was getting ahead of themselves all weekend. Aside from placing UM in the title game before they even played, they showed the WCHA Final Five Championship hats with UND's logo on them on the big screen with about 4 minutes left in the championship game. Given how wrong they were the first time, I thought that was an attept to jinx us, but we pulled through. :angry:

I wouldn't expect anything less from a UofM graduate working for a pizza joint.

If nothing else, hopefully this will confuse the NCAA and they'll change the Bison name instead!!

Considering the history of the White Man killing the buffalo just for sport it's hostile and abusive to name a bad sports program after the bison.

You know, the sad part is, that outside of the obvious error, it's actually one of the cooler items given out at any Final Five I've been to. It sure beats some Red Baron beads or black and teal (or was that supposed to be green, lol) pom poms.

I liked those pompoms! Didn't they look good in my hair???

I would like another poster, mostly because I lost it. Along with my program. And my championship game ticket. And my digital camera. And my DIGNITY!