SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU WCHA Final Five poster

johndahl

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't know if everybody saw this yet and didn't want to skim through all of the posts, but on wcha.com they have an apology letter and will be handing out new ones during the regional.

I wonder if I can e-mail them, and complain that I was at the Final Five, but am not able to make the West Regionals, but want one sent to me. No, I wasn't at the Final Five, but I want a corrected poster! :D

So they so say they are aware of the mistake, but they are not directly taking resposibility, nor are they saying who is responsible.

And now how am I going to get a poster. I was at the Final Five but wasn't at the regional.

I think they need to make them available for free on their website.

So they so say they are aware of the mistake, but they are not directly taking resposibility, nor are they saying who is responsible.

And now how am I going to get a poster. I was at the Final Five but wasn't at the regional.

All signed by Tony Esposito as well.

I honestly don't think it's anything personal against the Sioux, I think there is just some moron in charge of proofreading for the WCHA/NCAA. If anyone was at the Frozen Four last year, Colorado College was called "Colorado University - CU" and even MORE amusing, they forgot to include one of Minnesota's national championships on the banners hung from the ceiling in the stadium. DOH!

I guess the conspiracy is now over. The WCHA has got down on a knee and psuedo apologizes for a tiny oversight. Wouldn't it be funny if an ad agency in charge of printing that poster was in Fargo! That would make alot of people look silly.

North Dakota, land of mullets and paranoid hockey fans..........and a 918 APR!

FYI--a letter I got today.

If you will not be attending the regionals or were not able to obtain a reprinted poster, please email me your address and I would be happy to mail you one. :ohmy:

The WCHA also wants our fans to know that our Final Five title sponsor - Red Baron - had nothing to do with the printing or distribution of the poster.

We sincerely apologize for the error and appreciate your understanding. We hope that we will see you again at the 2007 Final Five!

Carol LaBelle-Ehrhardt

WCHA Assistant Commissioner of Operations

2211 S. Josephine

Denver, CO 80210

(303) 871-4491

Fax: (303) 871-4770

clabelle@du.edu

If it was a printer error, it's very likely they'd either do the make-up one for free or at a greatly reduced price.

There is no way in heck that it was the fault of the printer. The proof had to be approved by the WHCA and possibly the sponsors...not the printer or the Xcel. Now if it was an "inside job" by somebody who worked for the printer, that is a different story.

FYI--a letter I got today.

If you will not be attending the regionals or were not able to obtain a reprinted poster, please email me your address and I would be happy to mail you one. :ohmy:

The WCHA also wants our fans to know that our Final Five title sponsor - Red Baron - had nothing to do with the printing or distribution of the poster.

We sincerely apologize for the error and appreciate your understanding. We hope that we will see you again at the 2007 Final Five!

Carol LaBelle-Ehrhardt

WCHA Assistant Commissioner of Operations

2211 S. Josephine

Denver, CO 80210

(303) 871-4491

Fax: (303) 871-4770

clabelle@du.edu

Is this for real? I'd love to get one.

Is this for real? I'd love to get one.

Yes, this is for real. My husband and I received this letter along with a seperate apology from Red Baron claiming NO responsibility for the mistake. And begging us to continue buying their pizzas. I am a graphic designer....I work at a printing company...our work is checked and double checked. How does this happen? Also when we attended the Paul McCartney concert in October at the Excel Energy Center...the T-shirts all read Minneapolis NOT St. Paul...someone's screwing up somewhere! :ohmy:

Other letter we received:

Dear Valued Consumer:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about the misprinted posters that were distributed during the Red Baron WCHA Final Five tournament on Saturday, March 18th at the consolation game between the University of Wisconsin and the University of Minnesota. The Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA) and the University of North Dakota are rectifying this unfortunate mistake and they will be redistributing the free posters during the NCAA West Regional Tournament the weekend of March 24 at Ralph Engelstad Arena, in Grand Forks, ND.

As a title sponsor of the Red Baron WCHA Final tournament, we too were disappointed in the mistake. The posters were produced and distributed by an alternate party and the tournament logo appeared on the poster without our knowledge as a result of the sponsorship.

We are sorry if the misprinted poster has upset you in any way, and hope that when you make your next purchase of frozen pizza you choose Red Baron

I emailed her.

I also asked her to put the Sioux on the top of the pyramid now, since we know the results. :(

Edit: She replied right back. Poor woman must be working really late tonite. Anyway, she told me that indeed they HAVE reworked the posters and now the Sioux will be on top. :ohmy:

I emailed her.

I also asked her to put the Sioux on the top of the pyramid now, since we know the results. :(

Edit: She replied right back. Poor woman must be working really late tonite. Anyway, she told me that indeed they HAVE reworked the posters and now the Sioux will be on top. :ohmy:

Nice - I'll definately keep this one instead of scruntching it up in front of the X people - I knew it wasn't their fault - but at that moment, I had to show my severe displeasure to someone.

I guess the conspiracy is now over. The WCHA has got down on a knee and psuedo apologizes for a tiny oversight. Wouldn't it be funny if an ad agency in charge of printing that poster was in Fargo! That would make alot of people look silly.

North Dakota, land of mullets and paranoid hockey fans..........and a 918 APR!

Thanks, skippy, for your two cents. Now go drink your $8 latte from Starbucks and ask mommy and daddy for your weekly allowance so you and your friends can enjoy some video games at Chuck E Cheese later this afternoon.