SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU WCHA Final Five poster

johndahl

I liked those pompoms! Didn't they look good in my hair???

I would like another poster, mostly because I lost it. Along with my program. And my championship game ticket. And my digital camera. And my DIGNITY!

I thought your dignity was lost a long time ago. :angry:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame the printers, they just print what they are given. Had they been knowledgable hockey fans, the printers probably would have caught the error, but that would have been good luck. The printers didn't design it.

The error probably lies either with the designer of the poster, or whoever put together the information that the designers used. I would suspect the latter.

We emailed Red Baron / Schwans :angry:

Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:34 PM

To: sseqes01-004

Cc: SchwansINC

Subject: WCHA Poster

I was very impressed to get the free poster as we entered the WCHA tourney on Saturday in St. Paul. As soon as I got a look at it and saw the major screw-up listing the UND Sioux as North Dakota State University I realized how messed up your company must be. I plan to put a copy of the poster in my freezer. There will be room as there will be no more Red Barron or Schwan pizza in there.

The truck does not need to stop at my house anymore.

Carol & Doug,

Will you please respond to this gentleman's email to us and convey to him that Red Baron (&/or the Schwan Food Company) were not responsible in anyway, for the production or the distribution of the poster that was handed out to the fans on Saturday March 18 at the 2:35pm game.

As I would hate to lose a valued customer over something that we were not responsible for.

Will you also copy me in on the response, so that I be sure that this is handled appropriately.

Thank you.

Craig Chapman

The Schwan Food Company

Corporate Sponsorships & Museums

115 West College Drive

Marshall, MN 56258

To: "yeckoh"

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:39:29 -0600

Subject: WCHA

Just to let you know that Red Baron had nothing to do with the posters that

were distributed at the Final Five.

We apologize for the error and are checking on what could maybe be done to

correct.

Doug.

Well, the only other entity "sponsoring" the poster is the WCHA. Is it responsible?

how does somebody from the WCHA mess that up??

find out whoever designed it, and that is the culprit, bottom line, as i'm sure red baron and the wcha only threw money at it, and probably left it as 'it will turn out fine'

how does somebody from the WCHA mess that up??

find out whoever designed it, and that is the culprit, bottom line, as i'm sure red baron and the wcha only threw money at it, and probably left it as 'it will turn out fine'

Send an email to Carol Labelle...she's the chairperson of the WCHA tourney. She's from Denver University. Maybe who ever was in charge of the poster was so shocked that DU got upset that they couldn't see straight.

:D And yet another email from them..

To: <"yeckoh">

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:41:27 -0600

Subject: WCHA

John,

The WCHA is aware of the mistake that was made on the free poster that was

given to the first 5,000 fans at the Final Five last Saturday. We are sorry

for the error.

We wanted you to know, however, that our title sponsor - Red Baron - had

nothing to do with the printing of the poster.

We appreciate your continued support and hope you enjoyed what was the most

successful WCHA Final Five ever.

Regards,

Doug Spencer

Associate Commissioner for Public Relations

WCHA

608 829-0100

dspencer@mailbag.com

OK fine, I never thought that Red Baron was responsible. (I figure they just wrote the check).

I want to know who is responsible. Why don't they just give us an explanation and an apology.

Frankly if the WCHA doesn't feel they have to answer their fans a boycott of WCHA sponsors might be the only way to put pressure on them.

OK fine, I never thought that Red Baron was responsible. (I figure they just wrote the check).

I want to know who is responsible. Why don't they just give us an explanation and an apology.

Frankly if the WCHA doesn't feel they have to answer their fans a boycott of WCHA sponsors might be the only way to put pressure on them.

Good luck with that... :D

doug spenser's email states, "that our title sponsor - Red Baron - had

nothing to do with the printing of the poster."

the actual company that did the printing has NO LIABILITY for printing NDSU instead of UND on the poster. spenser's comment was slick in protecting the sponsor and wcha, then pushing the responsibility on to the printer.

As somebody who does a good number of ads every month, I will promise you that somebody had to approve the proof of the poster. it was the wcha or red barron...possibly both. if my company was going to put money an ad, i would have my advertising department checking the proof. if it was just the wcha approving the proof, i would find it funny that the league "forgot" the name of one of their most successful programs

I'm sure it was the Xcel Energy Center who received the product, directly from the printers, and decided to hand them out. :ohmy: The posters should have never been handed out. Someone directly related to the WCHA had to have noticed the mistake prior to making that decision, and they still decided to hand them out. Since we're unsure who made the decision to hand them out, let's blame it on the head of officiating! :D

Good luck with that... :D

I just wonder what the Golden Chocker fans would be saying about this if they would have been the Minnesota State University. I would bet a lot of money that everyone from the TV, Radio and coaches would be outraged. Not to mention that silly little man Dubay from KFAN. The would be demanding a response. I just think a simple "We are sorry for the screw-up" is in order and then let it go. But they need to acknowledge their mistake...Go Sioux!!!!

I think it's kind of funny and I don't think it's worth getting bent out of shape over.

OTOH it's not a "mistake". It is definitely someone's idea of a joke, someone who is a fan of another school slipped it in, laughed their a$$ off when it got through the screening process and are still getting a big chuckle over it. Maybe it can be the start of a WCHA misprint tradition. Rather than get upset I say get a sense of humor and get them back, I'm sure many deniable opportunities will present themselves. Simply slipping in an extra "o" here and there would be a start.

I think it's kind of funny and I don't think it's worth getting bent out of shape over.

OTOH it's not a "mistake". It is definitely someone's idea of a joke, someone who is a fan of another school slipped it in, laughed their a$$ off when it got through the screening process and are still getting a big chuckle over it. Maybe it can be the start of a WCHA misprint tradition. Rather than get upset I say get a sense of humor and get them back, I'm sure many deniable opportunities will present themselves. Simply slipping in an extra "o" here and there would be a start.

That's exactly why it SHOULD be pursued. If this WAS somebody's idea of a joke - they pulled it off! (GREAT :D ) but "somebody" is responsible here and they should be held accountable. The fact that Red Baron/Schwans is feeling some heat should make the WCHA nervous...they write the sponsorship check after all! All we're looking for is SOMEONE to step up and say...."hey - we messed up...sorry!" That would be good enough for me.

for those looking for place to start....

comments@redbaron.com

...even though they say they're "not responsible" - put the heat on them. They're writing the check! I think they'd be a LITTLE pissed if they "mistakenly" announced "What do you GOPHERS want on your TOMBSTONE*?" at any point in the tourney :D They're the best bet to get to the bottom of this.

*I'd say "chewy!" - unless you really boil it! :ohmy:

We emailed Red Baron / Schwans :D

The Red Baron's name was the sponsor name on the poster, ans were identified by a few WCHA officials at the torunament as being responsible for the poster. If nobody else wants to take responsibilty for the egregious mistake, the Red Baron/Schwann's is in the best position to ensure that someone explains how they made the mistake, and to ensure it won't happen again. They have some leverage as a sponsor, and something to lose given my new-found taste for Jack's frozen pizzas.

John

doug spenser's email states, "that our title sponsor - Red Baron - had

nothing to do with the printing of the poster."

the actual company that did the printing has NO LIABILITY for printing NDSU instead of UND on the poster. spenser's comment was slick in protecting the sponsor and wcha, then pushing the responsibility on to the printer.

As somebody who does a good number of ads every month, I will promise you that somebody had to approve the proof of the poster. it was the wcha or red barron...possibly both. if my company was going to put money an ad, i would have my advertising department checking the proof. if it was just the wcha approving the proof, i would find it funny that the league "forgot" the name of their most successful program

Corrected your post

For those of you that have a WCHA Final Five program, there is a bigger slight in my estimation. If you look at the last page, they have a woman wearing a jersey with all the WCHA logos--- all but the Sioux logo. I think you can be sure that isn't a mistake or an oversight. The WCHA taking politically correctness to an extreme-- not recognizing one of their members. It seems to me that it is popular with members of opposing hockey teams, maybe they should censor their comments about their favorite logo/uniform.

For those of you that have a WCHA Final Five program, there is a bigger slight in my estimation. If you look at the last page, they have a woman wearing a jersey with all the WCHA logos--- all but the Sioux logo. I think you can be sure that isn't a mistake or an oversight. The WCHA taking politically correctness to an extreme-- not recognizing one of their members. It seems to me that it is popular with members of opposing hockey teams, maybe they should censor their comments about their favorite logo/uniform.

I have an eagle eye for political correctness, but I'm not convinced the WCHA has an overall anti-nickname policy. I didn't buy a program, so I'm not sure if the logo and "Fighting Sioux" were banned throughout the program or just on the last page. If just on the last page, it may have just been oversight. If it was missing throughout the program, then obviously it was intentional. I did notice the WCHA had the Sioux logo with all the other logos on the floor of the main entrance and public address announcer said "Fighting Sioux" whenever possible. From what I saw, the WCHA didn't have an anti-nickname policy.