SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

19 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Prob just in on Lawrence from today's commits.
I'm more interested to see where Berchild, Beuker, McKamey, Zajic, Bumgarner, and local skilled players like Kuehne/Hale/Johnson end up.  Those are the players we're probably more "in" on than many of today's commits...and probably have better chances at landing (hopefully). 

By all accounts McKamey hasn’t decided yet about playing NCAA. Read an article on him from May. Sounds like a decision from him won’t happen until after this coming season unless something has changed. 

Beuker and Hextall are the remaining ones in the top ten I'm holding out hope for. Berchild would be an incredible coup.

Someday Schloss will end up doing a where are they now? on a five year old Aug 1 list and it'll be interesting to see.

Lots of section 8 and Moorhead kids announced for elite league, some prospects there too no doubt. 

7 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Beuker and Hextall are the remaining ones in the top ten I'm holding out hope for. Berchild would be an incredible coup.

Someday Schloss will end up doing a where are they now? on a five year old Aug 1 list and it'll be interesting to see.

Lots of section 8 and Moorhead kids announced for elite league, some prospects there too no doubt. 

Not only Moorhead…there’s a ton of kids from MN with UND/GF ties that are about  2-3 years away. Some of those players are tops in the country….at least at the moment. A lot of things change obviously. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

What is the practical state of NIL at this point?  Is there any reliable information on what, if anything, the top collegiate recruits are receiving?

"It feels like in college hockey, it's still relatively in its infancy," said Denver coach David Carle, whose Pioneers face Boston University in Thursday's 4 p.m. semifinal. "You're going to see it maybe be a bigger factor in the coming years. Certainly, money's being thrown around, and you hear rumors of things, but it's hard to say exactly what's true and what's false. It has not yet impacted us in a negative way."

Boston University coach Jay Pandolfo is happy players are receiving the opportunities to make some money while still continuing to develop.

"In hockey, you're not getting the kind of money where it's life-changing, whereas in football and basketball, you probably are," Pandolfo said.

https://www.therinklive.com/mens-college/nil-hasnt-overhauled-college-hockey-yet-but-its-only-a-matter-of-time

11 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

And who we got so so far? Other then a one and done in ncaa

Well we got Dylan James over your pick of Spicer.

And we have a good indication of Jayden Perron’s game who you seemed to ridicule when we didn’t pick up Shaugabay.

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2024 at 5:12 PM, brianvf said:

I wonder if we'll see any commitments the first week for UND?

On 7/31/2024 at 6:07 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

If we don't, there will be whiners here!

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

And who we got so so far? Other then a one and done in ncaa

;):D

26 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yeah, like 3 or 4 years when these kids are maybe getting to campus lol

Schlossman's "30 List":

- How many "commitments" to schools do they make? As a group, I put the over/under at 37. Yes, I see about 7 de- then re- committers. 
- How many play one NCAA game?