SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

A hockey player with a tan this time of year :love: Maybe he's a California inliner :D

You have me scratching my head on this one. How much of a tan are we talking about? Perhaps it was the impressive 17 year old D man from the Winnipeg South Blues, Drew Ellement? Also one of the best provincial baseball players in his age group

http://www.wsblues.mb.ca/profiles/Ellement.html

That would be sweet if the Sioux could land him, it looks like he is putting up some good numbers (and breaking records). Maybe he is the possible recruit to take a goalie roster spot should Jordan go pro.

The NAHL website shows that this kid committed to Bemidji.

Well, he hasn't signed a letter of intent yet, so I am assuming he has given a verbal to BSU. But as we all know, verbals aren't as binding as signed.

It would be kind of bush league if we are plucking people recruits from under their noses after they gave a verbal. I know we did it once with Lee Goren but I doubt Hak would do that.

Someone said a "goaltender from Toronto" earlier in one of these threads. They also said 6' 2".

What about this kid? He's not that tall, but he's properly sized for a Sioux goalie. And he's from the Toronto area.

Co-rookie of the year in the 10 team East division of the OPJHL. And tied for best goals against in that division.

You have me scratching my head on this one. How much of a tan are we talking about? Perhaps it was the impressive 17 year old D man from the Winnipeg South Blues, Drew Ellement? Also one of the best provincial baseball players in his age group

http://www.wsblues.mb.ca/profiles/Ellement.html

I suppose if this kid shaved his head, but I really dont think it was him...i guess something else i could have added was that i think hakstol called him anthony(but im not positive!) and i did hear hak ask him "is anyone else on your team getting a full scholarship offer like this?"- this is not verbatim, but the only word in that quote im unsure of is "full". my guess is that with that kind of question he is most likely from a high school team or a not so stacked league team like some ushl/bchl teams...my 2 cents. also, for this time of year it was pretty tan, so maybe is from cali, because it didnt look like he fake baked... then again it could be a "natural" tan, by that i mean he has darker skin.

I suppose if this kid shaved his head, but I really dont think it was him...i guess something else i could have added was that i think hakstol called him anthony(but im not positive!) and i did hear hak ask him "is anyone else on your team getting a full scholarship offer like this?"- this is not verbatim, but the only word in that quote im unsure of is "full". my guess is that with that kind of question he is most likely from a high school team or a not so stacked league team like some ushl/bchl teams...my 2 cents. also, for this time of year it was pretty tan, so maybe is from cali, because it didnt look like he fake baked... then again it could be a "natural" tan, by that i mean he has darker skin.

solid deep investigative info but halarious :D next time you see hak just give hime a slap on the back and say hi but what you really will be doing is planting a wire tap on the guy :0:D

If all the other clues we have seen regarding a goaltender from Toronto are accurate then perhaps it is Anthony Grieco. Perhaps Sioux scouting saw something others didn't? :0

http://www.wellingtondukes.com/team.htm

Well, the circumstancial/rumored evidence points toward your find. Name is Anthony, and he's listed at 6' 1" and from the Toronto area. That fits the evidence better than this candidate below:

Someone said a "goaltender from Toronto" earlier in one of these threads. They also said 6' 2".

What about this kid? He's not that tall, but he's properly sized for a Sioux goalie. And he's from the Toronto area.

Co-rookie of the year in the 10 team East division of the OPJHL. And tied for best goals against in that division.

...but doesn't seem as exciting. However, Anthony Grieco is still only 17. Won't turn 18 until this November. If Parise leaves, maybe this kid has shown that he's got the skills to get better as he gets older. He can apprentice under Lammy for a year or 2, and then take over when he's more physically and mentally mature.

Based on this post and the one in the roster thread you must know exactly who it is so why not share the info with the rest of us. :0

Maybe he can't. Maybe #1 Hak Fan is Hakstol himself, and would therefore be breaking recruiting rules. :D

:0 Well at least he could at least give us some better hints like league or position.

We don't need no stinkin' hints. I'm going to call on THETRIOUXPER to engage in some of his famous crystal balling. That always produces quick, reliable results. :D

I'm going to call on THETRIOUXPER to engage in some of his famous crystal balling.

If you go and ring the bell for the answer are you sure you'll get one?

Considering the hot streak he's on, he may have gone "1-900" or pay-per-view.

Some good news...

Have you gotten bigger?

Yeah, a little bit. I came to Omaha at 160. Now, I'm at about 170. This summer will be big for me. I'll be doing a lot of lifting. During the season, I lifted two or three times a week -- just stuff that keeps you strong -- not the heavy lifting I'll be doing this summer.

If he can come in at 185, that would help him greatly.

So if Marto is not coming in next year according to this then that must mean LaPoint will arrive next year. Hopefully Bina is OK and can provide some depth.

I'm still not sure. If Marto isn't coming why aren't we seeing signs that LaPoint will be coming? LaPoint was taken 6th overall in the USHL draft which usually tells us that there is a high likelihood of him suiting up.

On the flip side, we have Genoway coming in as a D/F combo player to a team that even without Smaby isn't that lacking on the defensive side of the game personnel wise. We are short forwards.

If anything, this may point to Trupp coming early, not LaPoint.