SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Even if Toews and Oshie leave, that leaves us pretty stocked up at the foward position. You may see one more foward sign this year, but I would think that would be all. The next season is when I feel there will be a good number of fowards coming in. The next year is where you could see a good foward class coming in, especially with the for sure departures of Hamilton and Kaip, if Toews or Oshie stayed they would be depatures, and there would be a possibility of Kozek or Watkins leaving. Toews, possibly Murray, Cichy, and Kristo are all 90s and could come in this same year. Even though Kristo is committed for 09, he could possibly come in 08. As much as I would love to see Gron, Lammy, Brutenau, Nash, and Gregoire come here, were pretty stocked at foward. Also, Heisenburg's site doesn't have Trupp listed as a draft pick, I was wondering if he was ever drafted at some time?

Even if Toews and Oshie leave, that leaves us pretty stocked up at the foward position. You may see one more foward sign this year, but I would think that would be all. The next season is when I feel there will be a good number of fowards coming in. The next year is where you could see a good foward class coming in, especially with the for sure departures of Hamilton and Kaip, if Toews or Oshie stayed they would be depatures, and there would be a possibility of Kozek or Watkins leaving. Toews, possibly Murray, Cichy, and Kristo are all 90s and could come in this same year. Even though Kristo is committed for 09, he could possibly come in 08. As much as I would love to see Gron, Lammy, Brutenau, Nash, and Gregoire come here, were pretty stocked at foward. Also, Heisenburg's site doesn't have Trupp listed as a draft pick, I was wondering if he was ever drafted at some time?

Umm.... I would be stunned if watkins or kozek leave early to go anywhere.

Well looking at his size and the fact he's never been drafted, Trupp could be an impact four year guy like Ryan Duncan. Looking at this class so far, it looks like a very complete class and could be once again one of the best in the country. It obviously shows that Hakstol is right up there with Lucia and Eaves. Myself and a few others were talking earlier about how we could have to many fowards. A team that comes to mind is the 02-03 Gophers, Lucia had a bunch guys coming back and had 8 committed freshmen, he signed all of them and maxed out the roster at 28 which included 16 fowards. This gave the Gophers a lot of depth and was one of the reasons they made that late season run all the way to the national title. If Hakstol can get some committments from Gregoire, Bruteneau, Lammy, Nash, etc. it might not be a bad idea to max the roster out at 28 and have possibly 16 fowards.

Well looking at his size and the fact he's never been drafted, Trupp could be an impact four year guy like Ryan Duncan. Looking at this class so far, it looks like a very complete class and could be once again one of the best in the country. It obviously shows that Hakstol is right up there with Lucia and Eaves. Myself and a few others were talking earlier about how we could have to many fowards. A team that comes to mind is the 02-03 Gophers, Lucia had a bunch guys coming back and had 8 committed freshmen, he signed all of them and maxed out the roster at 28 which included 16 fowards. This gave the Gophers a lot of depth and was one of the reasons they made that late season run all the way to the national title. If Hakstol can get some committments from Gregoire, Bruteneau, Lammy, Nash, etc. it might not be a bad idea to max the roster out at 28 and have possibly 16 fowards.

The only thing is when you max out the roster and if you don't have injuries, your going to have someone that is unhappy.

There are a TON of players I'd love to see in a UND jersey, but we can't recruit all of them.

Bruneteau (who is 3-4-7 so far, like Malone)

Nash (who has scored 10-17-27 thus far)

Lamoureux (who is scoring a modest 4-6-10)

Gregoire (who is scoring 2-6-8)

Zajac (5-7-12 on the season thus far)

Murray

Toews (Ok, he's a 2008 recruit, sure)

Blood

We can't possibly get all of these guys. We don't have the room, do we?

There are a TON of players I'd love to see in a UND jersey, but we can't recruit all of them.

Bruneteau (who is 3-4-7 so far, like Malone)

Nash (who has scored 10-17-27 thus far)

Lamoureux (who is scoring a modest 4-6-10)

Gregoire (who is scoring 2-6-8)

Zajac (5-7-12 on the season thus far)

Murray

Toews (Ok, he's a 2008 recruit, sure)

Blood

We can't possibly get all of these guys. We don't have the room, do we?

i could see zajac here in 08 as well as blood as an08 and toews too of course.

In case you haven't read this site yet, www.westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com, they have a brief description of uncommitted fowards. The top three uncommitted fowards are Nash, Brutenau, and Gregoire. According to the site, Brutenau has narrowed his choices down to Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, CC, Denver, and UNO. It also says he has offers from Michigan, CC, and Denver, so it looks like he will go to one of those three. Nash has his choices down to Cornell, Michigan, Denver, New Hampshire, and North Dakota. The promising news is that the blog does say that Gregoire will probably commit to North Dakota. Chuck has mentioned a few Wisconsin kids, those being Justin Johnson and Travis Erstad. The blog says that both have recieved interest from North Dakota. It also says that Chris Rawlings, who is a goalie and plays for Salmon Arm has recieved interest from North Dakota, so he could be on the radar for 07 or 08.

In case you haven't read this site yet, www.westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com, they have a brief description of uncommitted fowards. The top three uncommitted fowards are Nash, Brutenau, and Gregoire. According to the site, Brutenau has narrowed his choices down to Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, CC, Denver, and UNO. It also says he has offers from Michigan, CC, and Denver, so it looks like he will go to one of those three. Nash has his choices down to Cornell, Michigan, Denver, New Hampshire, and North Dakota. The promising news is that the blog does say that Gregoire will probably commit to North Dakota. Chuck has mentioned a few Wisconsin kids, those being Justin Johnson and Travis Erstad. The blog says that both have recieved interest from North Dakota. It also says that Chris Rawlings, who is a goalie and plays for Salmon Arm has recieved interest from North Dakota, so he could be on the radar for 07 or 08.

Just to let you know. That info has been on that site for quite a while and doesn't get updated too often. Not many on this board had any idea about Bruneteau until Chuck informed us that we have an offer out to him.

Just to let you know. That info has been on that site for quite a while and doesn't get updated too often. Not many on this board had any idea about Bruneteau until Chuck informed us that we have an offer out to him.

plus chris is wrong sometimes too. remember before kristo committed, he said that you can expect him to go to minny...hmm. also, he was completely in the dark when cichy committed here...even though schlossman said that he was expecting it for a month or so before cichy did commit. chris is right on alot of stuff and he has a great site, but he definitely does not update the recruits list much. also kristo and cichy both wear UND apparel...ok, im done. :D

So, this is slightly off topic, but I was looking at the NHL NA rankings that went out recently and I noticed that Jordan Willert is ranked in the 'B' players, which is still pretty good. Anyone know if any D1 schools are looking at him as it currently shows him not committed to anywhere. It would be nice to see a native ND player make good. And I am not saying the Sioux should be recruiting him simply b/c he is native, I just wonder if they looked at him or who has looked at him. His stats are similar to Mario's.

No doubt, pretty hard to move on to the next level when you have yet to even prove yourself at this level. Which neither has done.

It's hard to say becuase it's only the begining of their sophmore season, but Kozek is a second rounder and most second rounders don't stay four years if they've played well.