SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

13 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Anyone know anything about Adam Benak? Czech kid playing in the USHL this year and a potential first round in next years draft. Wonder if we would be after him as I'm sure most of the big time schools are? 

All I’ve heard about his recruitment is that he’s gotten interest from NCHC and Big 10 schools. It wasn’t specified which schools though. 

9 hours ago, I Ranger said:

Anyone know anything about Adam Benak? Czech kid playing in the USHL this year and a potential first round in next years draft. Wonder if we would be after him as I'm sure most of the big time schools are? 

I read a rink live story where they talked about him. I wasn't sure if he played professionally in Czecha looking at his elite prospects page, but he was one I'd want them to recruited.  

Bobby losing Mikey Berchild is not good for that program.  There is a lot of grumping about Motzko not letting the horses run.  They lost a committed Eiserman...I'm waiting to see who they land.  Next year the two top Minny kids will be Schneider and Fitzhenry.  If they opt to go somewhere else.... 

Btw- heard nothing but great things about David Carle...heard he is big time professional and pitches kids on exactly what he sees them doing for the next 2-4 years and how that will develop them and drive their and the program's success.  Sounds like he is a great person and a great recruiter

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Btw- heard nothing but great things about David Carle...heard he is big time professional and pitches kids on exactly what he sees them doing for the next 2-4 years and how that will develop them and drive their and the program's success.  Sounds like he is a great person and a great recruiter

And he gets it done unlike our cosch

We have what 1 win in past 8 ncaa tourneys 

that’s definition of success

but penrose

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Definitely need to send Ole & Lars to DU for a 'hit', NoDak-style. 

Carle is recruiting great talent, but it's more than that: he's getting more out of his players in March & April when it matters most. That's an invaluable skill & he's a natural at it. Therein lies the difference between him & Berry. It's conceivable that DU could keep racking up championships & leave UND in the dust trophy-wise if we don't stop self-destructing in the playoffs soon.

7 minutes ago, .357 said:

Definitely need to send Ole & Lars to DU for a 'hit', NoDak-style. 

Carle is recruiting great talent, but it's more than that: he's getting more out of his players in March & April when it matters most. That's an invaluable skill & he's a natural at it. Therein lies the difference between him & Berry. It's conceivable that DU could keep racking up championships & leave UND in the dust trophy-wise if we don't stop self-destructing in the playoffs soon.

From what I can see, he lets his skill guys be skill guys. He allows mistakes. He knows when to tighten things up by the end of the year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Bobby losing Mikey Berchild is not good for that program.  There is a lot of grumping about Motzko not letting the horses run.  They lost a committed Eiserman...I'm waiting to see who they land.  Next year the two top Minny kids will be Schneider and Fitzhenry.  If they opt to go somewhere else.... 

I’d be blown away if freddie isn’t maroon and gold. Fitzhenry would look great in Kelly green :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I don't blame him going home because of his dads health issues

• Upvote 2

On 9/23/2024 at 8:39 PM, scpa0305 said:

From what I can see, he lets his skill guys be skill guys. He allows mistakes. He knows when to tighten things up by the end of the year.

One of the biggest mistakes coaches make is forcing skill guys into systematic players.  Why no skilled playmaker is their right mind would pick Notre Dame right now.  I've seen it too many times where a dynamic player is forced into a system of pucks deep, work the wall, start the cycle, get net front, stay on the defensive side of the puck...yes those things need to be deployed at times to win games, but when you bring in a kid that scores 2 points per game based on speed, skill, and IQ and you turn him into a cog in the machine...barf

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

One of the biggest mistakes coaches make is forcing skill guys into systematic players.  Why no skilled playmaker is their right mind would pick Notre Dame right now.  I've seen it too many times where a dynamic player is forced into a system of pucks deep, work the wall, start the cycle, get net front, stay on the defensive side of the puck...yes those things need to be deployed at times to win games, but when you bring in a kid that scores 2 points per game based on speed, skill, and IQ and you turn him into a cog in the machine...barf

Coach Woog?  Scott Bloom holding on line 1 for you.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Good player. High end work ethic. St Thomas will be good in the next 3-5 years.

Already pretty decent, as they were picked to finish first in the CCHA.  Pretty fast ascension, and I imagine since they are recruiting in the Minneapolis area and are now moving to the NCHC, they will only get better. 

• Upvote 1