Matt Greene Signs With Edmonton

Goon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no way i can't believe this. i did not see this coming :glare:

congrats matt, we will miss you for sure. on and off the ice!!

it was just a matter of time. our young guys will be thrown into the fire right away. lets move forward with smaby (hopefully) and the frosh and get this season rolling!!

now thats top notch information :glare:

I guess Smaby is going to have to step up and play as well as Marvin.

That being said, I think the Defense will be ok, as long as we score more goals than the opposition we should be ok.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow we will be inexperienced at d!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really?

I thought this was a thread about wishing Greene well! ;)

We'll be just fine. The season isn't over yet. The NCAA hasn't awarded the NC to the Goophs yet. :glare:

Best of luck Greene! Kick some ass at the next level!

Oh well, I only hope Matt gets an honest shot at sticking with the big team vice going to an Oiler affiliate where the NHL team with ownership won't care how much ice time and attention he gets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Judging by what was said about him, his performance at previous rookie camps, and the hype surrounding him, his situation appears to be pretty close to the same that David Hale saw when he signed with New Jersey. Therefore, I have no doubt that his AHL season this year, if he goes to the AHL at all, will be very brief.

Greene was an absolute Force at the blue line. Damned near his whole career.

More than that, he taught many of the younger blue liners well.

Most importantly, he has a great great sense of humor, is a consummate gentleman, and knows that these things are much bigger than any game.

Here is saying that he will dominate the AHL, ride herd in the NHL, and will always be a great guy to boot.

In short, the kid can't miss. It was our pleasure to watch him play.

now thats top notch information :glare:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With the players we have added this season that might not be that much of a stretch, the sioux are going to need to score probably about 4-5 goals a game. I think Jordy and Phil are going to face more rubber this year but they could be up for the challenge.

i was just giving you a hard time. we will be scoring more goals this year in my mind and yes i think your correct, jordy and phil will be facing more shots but i am also very confident in them after last season and the experience they both have...either way greene will be missed but at least we got 3 very solid years from him!!

With the players we have added this season that might not be that much of a stretch, the sioux are going to need to score probably about 4-5 goals a game. I think Jordy and Phil are going to face more rubber this year but they could be up for the challenge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not if Mr. Finley has anything to say about that :glare:;)

oh man...and just THINK!!  UND's PENALTY COUNT is going to go way down!! 

Seriously - good luck Greeny!  Wish you would have stayed but it's no suprise you left.  Have a great NHL career and THANKS for your time at ND!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congratulations to Matt and good luck. Thanks for anchoring a spot in UND's chain of pro-style defensemen: Commodore for three years, Hale for three years, Greene for three years. Smaby is next while Finley matures, and on and on.