SiouxSports.com Forum

Matt Greene Signs With Edmonton

Goon

However, the quality of officiating in the NHL is far superior than college.

I totally disagree with this statement. NHL on ice officials are easily the worst in any sport and at any level for that matter. Check out what kind of a promotion was recently given to a complete moron named Stephen Walkom.......perhaps the worst referee to ever hit the ice.

NHL officiating is quite simply atrocious. The whole two ref system has only succeeded in doubling the problem.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm not a doctor, but my father is one, my brother is a third year medical student and most of my family's friends are in the medical profession. I ran it by those that are into hockey and even some who are not and asked about the risks of participating in high paced high impact sports after an injury to the spine, even if it did no damage to the spinal cord. I used that to determine my opinion and I stated it.

Like I said, I have no qualms with Robbie. I like him. If you all recall, I have argued for his playing time (as much as one can do on a message board that the coaches and players rarely read) often. I want the best for him and I honestly don't think that coming back early would be in the best interests of his health.

However, the quality of officiating in the NHL is far superior than college. 

I totally disagree with this statement.    NHL on ice officials are easily the worst in any sport and at any level for that matter.  Check out what kind of a promotion was recently given to a complete moron named Stephen  Walkom.......perhaps the worst referee to ever hit the ice.

NHL officiating is quite simply atrocious.  The whole two ref system has only succeeded in doubling the problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Relatively speaking, which league's officials would you rather have? NHL or WCHA?

IMO, I'd rather have Kerry Frasier and the NHL crew over the chumps that skate for the WCHA.