SiouxSports.com Forum

The early departures begin

PCM

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little buzz from the Tampa paper:

Expect negotiations with defenseman Matt Smaby, Tampa Bay's second second-round pick in the 2003 draft who is set to enter his junior season at North Dakota. Feaster also might look at enticing Brady Greco and Jay Rosehill to begin their pro careers.

-----------------------

http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGBGE7D5UBE.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh dear god, please not Jay Rosehill! But there's no WAY that kid is NHL ready. He plays like he's trying to kill someone. I'm hoping he'll turn into another Beau Geisler with a bit of training. God did I miss Geisler on the Bulldogs' D.

The Wild are going to surprise a lot of people. If the NHL calls the game to open it up, The Wild will have a great season. If after 2 months everyone rips the refs and they go back to the Holding and tackleing the Wild will be in BIG trouble. They are building a team that can play smart, skate and move the puck and play a team game. Right now it looks like there will be internal problems at Tampa bay because of Lecavliers contract. This is one thing the Wild are trying to avoid. They will sign someone if its the right person.

Also they have great goaltending.

The Wild are going to surprise a lot of people.  If the NHL calls the game to open it up, The Wild will have a great season.  If after 2 months everyone rips the refs and they go back to the Holding and tackleing the Wild will be in BIG trouble.  They are building a team that can play smart, skate and move the puck and play a team game.  Right now it looks like there will be internal problems at Tampa bay because of Lecavliers contract.  This is one thing the Wild are trying to avoid.  They will sign someone if its the right person. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The way I see them is that they are pretty good defensively and in goal. They have only one big ego (Gaborik) which means there isn't going to be a lot of waves in the lockeroom. However, they lack scoring. The Wild is basically a one line team and even that one line isn't that scary.

Middle of the pack, IMO. They won't completely suck like I expect the Panthers to do. But they won't be Stanley Cup contenders either.

Makes a post like "Grafton could sure use better press than this.  Talackson is a putz" look pretty foolish.

Perhaps. But not nearly as foolish as those "playoff permanents" from two seasons back looked. It is on solid word that they were the brainchild, and I do mean child, of Barry.

Never has a kid at this level done so little, with so much, for so long. That's ok. Most college hockey players eventually end up hanging it up. Here is saying that Barry will be doing that sooner than most.

The Wild are going to surprise a lot of people.  If the NHL calls the game to open it up, The Wild will have a great season.  If after 2 months everyone rips the refs and they go back to the Holding and tackleing the Wild will be in BIG trouble.  They are building a team that can play smart, skate and move the puck and play a team game.  Right now it looks like there will be internal problems at Tampa bay because of Lecavliers contract.  This is one thing the Wild are trying to avoid.  They will sign someone if its the right person. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the Wild are going to suck this season, because the refuse to at least get a few stars to score much needed goals.. They are going to lose a lot of games 2-1 and 1-0 and are going to play the god aweful trap. Boring.

NDH, why am I not surprised by your reponse. Again I don't disagree with your premise that he will not "make it" at the next level so your prediction as such is no great revelation. Weighing the supposed foolishness of playoff perms against your judgemental comments is just more of the same. If you want to say you don't like (hate is a pretty strong word) Talackson like the other poster, fine. I take issue with you expressing your dislike as though you "know" Talackson and that you frame it based on how he plays a game.

NDH,  why am I not surprised by your reponse.  Again I don't disagree with your premise that he will not "make it" at the next level so your prediction as such is no great revelation.  Weighing the supposed foolishness of playoff perms against your judgemental comments is just more of the same.  If you want to say you don't like (hate is a pretty strong word) Talackson like the other poster, fine.  I take issue with you expressing your dislike as though you "know" Talackson and that you frame it based on how he plays a game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was me who said she hated Barry. And I know it was a pretty strong word. Oh well. No one ever accused me of being too subtle. :glare:

As I've said before, Barry is really a nice young man. He's also been blessed with some amazing talents. I think things have come easy for Barry most of his life; maybe too easy. I hope he finds the motivation to make it in the NHL; I know he's dreamt of this his entire life.

what a heart warming statement :glare:;)

As I've said before, Barry is really a nice young man. He's also been blessed with some amazing talents. I think things have come easy for Barry most of his life; maybe too easy. I hope he finds the motivation to make it in the NHL; I know he's dreamt of this his entire life.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Denver's Brett Skinner is expected to sign with the Vancouver Canucks today, according to this story in The Brandon Sun.

If DU loses Carle and Skinner, UND won't be the only team with an inexperienced D-corps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its nice to see some other teams losing some key players as well. It seems to me that it looks like Minnesota is becoming the overwhelming favorite as the fall creeps closer.

Denver's Brett Skinner is expected to sign with the Vancouver Canucks today, according to this story in The Brandon Sun.

If DU loses Carle and Skinner, UND won't be the only team with an inexperienced D-corps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the status of Carle? I have not seen any articles indicating that he has signed with San Jose or is about to sign. If DU loses Carle, that will be a huge loss.

What is the status of Carle? I have not seen any articles indicating that he has signed with San Jose or is about to sign. If DU loses Carle, that will be a huge loss.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't heard anything new about Carle. All I know is that he, not Skinner, was considered DU's top flight risk.

Its nice to see some other teams losing some key players as well. It seems to me that it looks like Minnesota is becoming the overwhelming favorite as the fall creeps closer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's all right let the Goofies have all the expectations while the Sioux fly under the radar. That will lessen the pressure on the Sioux freshman and get them primed for a post season run.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing final on the Canucks web page as of yet (2030 hours today) but, I expect that the Brandon Sun must have had a solid source to go ahead and print this article.