SiouxSports.com Forum

The early departures begin

PCM

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no doubt that the USA is not loaded at goalie. i don't see him making it but i guess you never know..who knows when he will be in the NHL. has he returned the hobey to panzer yet??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't that the truth? I attended a MSU game that season and honestly, it was a total sham the way Ron Mason and MSU protected Ryan Miller. The game I went to against UMass, a miscue to Miller behind the net led to an empty net goal and Miller was promptly yanked with about 9:00 to go in the game and MSU holding a 8 or 9-1 lead. The idea was to pad his goals against average. Several fans around me noticed my Sioux t-shirt and even said that it was a joke and that that wasn't the first time that Miller was removed in a blow-out after playing the majority of the game so he wouldn't give up a late meaningless goal. Panzer was robbed.

mark stuart from CC signs with boston

Saturday, July 30, 2005

TEAM 

Boston Bruins Signed defenseman Mark Stuart, a first-round pick in 2003, to a three-year contract; signed defenseman Andrew Alberts to a one-year contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/transactions

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats good for my B's they have a roster that is full of holes that have to be filled. Oh well sucks for C.C. but hey UND has had to put up with it the last couple of seasons.

The people covering the '03 draft wondered the same about Vanek though and he ended up staying two years with the Goofs.  I realize that he didn't go as high as Johnson but still I thought that I would put it out there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Talent aside I think Jack Johnson is much more ready for the NHL before entering college than Vanek was. I think Jacks physical game will carry him until he adjusts to the speed of the NHL game. Vanek just plain needed to get better before making the jump.

Talent aside I think Jack Johnson is much more ready for the NHL before entering college than Vanek was. I think Jacks physical game will carry him until he adjusts to the speed of the NHL game. Vanek just plain needed to get better before making the jump.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Vanek's biggest improvement for the NHL was having the red line taken out. :ohmy:

A little buzz from the Tampa paper:

MORE ROOKIE SIGNINGS? With the prospect of still having to sign a majority of Tampa Bay's free agents, GM Jay Feaster is looking to add more prospects to the system.

That means some of the college players from the 2003 draft picks might be on Feaster's radar.

Expect negotiations with defenseman Matt Smaby, Tampa Bay's second second-round pick in the 2003 draft who is set to enter his junior season at North Dakota. Feaster also might look at enticing Brady Greco and Jay Rosehill to begin their pro careers.

-----------------------

http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGBGE7D5UBE.html

A little buzz from the Tampa paper:

MORE ROOKIE SIGNINGS? With the prospect of still having to sign a majority of Tampa Bay's free agents, GM Jay Feaster is looking to add more prospects to the system.

That means some of the college players from the 2003 draft picks might be on Feaster's radar.

Expect negotiations with defenseman Matt Smaby, Tampa Bay's second second-round pick in the 2003 draft who is set to enter his junior season at North Dakota. Feaster also might look at enticing Brady Greco and Jay Rosehill to begin their pro careers.

-----------------------

http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGBGE7D5UBE.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the new CBA is going to be bad for college hockey. I think we will see players starting their pro careers earlier than in the past. The rookie wage scale is much more favorable to the owners now and it is not as expensive to bring in their prospects and get a head start on their pro careers. It is part of the game that I hate as a fan especially since I am a big college hockey fan and don't care much for the NHL. If a school gets a top kid they are lucky if they get two years out of him. Unfortunately with the new CBA, I think a lot more players will leave after one year of college. It really stinks as a fan when promises of a dynamite team are diminished with expected (Greene) and unexpected (Murray) departures. Who knows Smaby may sign as well, I know the Tampa brass do not think the college game is good for his development. I am sure they are old school Canadian hockey guys. If you read the quotes in the GF Herald from the Ottawa GM (muckler) regarding Lee it sounds as if they want him in the system ASAP. If he plays here two seasons, I would be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if everyone knew this but Barry is originally from ND.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Grafton could sure use better press than this. Talackson is a putz and will never amount to anything at the next level. Does not have the heart. Or the skill.

You want some good ice stories? Go see Johnny A. at the Extra End. He is Grafton's near favorite son.

The legendary Johnny Aasand. Skip of the World. Ice stories are mostly of the curling variety, but they are special. Man of many talents. A line of b.s. that can stretch from Grafton to China. A heart the size of North Dakota.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I swear I can hear John from the Extra End all the way to Mpls if the wind is right. When was Tallackson in Grafton - I don't remember him (I graduated in '89).