Smaby

siouxhockey5

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I must have drank something....

sdd teases me and Federov stands up for me. :silly::lol:

PCM- I always knew Mapletoft would come back to haunt you.

Thanks Federov :lol:

I don't remember the GPot hit :lol:

Who put the hurt on RPot?

With Smaby's progression as a big solid defenseman, I wonder if he returns next season, will he return for his senior season?

I think I must have drank something....

sdd teases me and Federov stands up for me.  :silly:    :lol:

PCM- I always knew Mapletoft would come back to haunt you.

Thanks Federov :lol:

I don't remember the GPot hit :lol:

Who put the hurt on RPot?

With Smaby's progression as a big solid defenseman, I wonder if he returns next season, will he return for his senior season?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hak said it was 90/10 he would return. He had a pretty good year but has a lot of developing to do still at the college level. It is too early to speculate past the upcoming season on any of these players. Just having Smaby back is not enough to cover for the youth on defense, we need both the Matt's so the freshman are not thrown to the wolves more than they already will be.

Which reminds me...

I was playing NHL 2004 the other day and Mapletoft scored a goal on me.  :silly:  :lol:  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it would be fun to have an online tournament for hockey videogame players here. Of course everyone needs to have the same system (PS2 or Xbox) and the same game (EA or Sega). I guess the EA game is also on PC, and I have seen people go through painful edits to make their favorite college team. It would be fun to make the Fighting Sioux, although a college game would be better. I'm sure it would just be numbers and Smaby wouldn't technically be listed in the game. So there, I was on topic with my post. :lol:

I think it would be fun to have an online tournament for hockey videogame players here.  Of course everyone needs to have the same system (PS2 or Xbox) and the same game (EA or Sega).

I only have the PC version of NHL 2004, although my son has a PS2 that I never play.

I guess the EA game is also on PC, and I have seen people go through painful edits to make their favorite college team. 
Yes, and they did a really nice job, too. Unfortunately, after doing the CCHA and HE teams, they never finished the WCHA teams.

It would be fun to make the Fighting Sioux, although a college game would be better.

The makers of the college hockey mod for NHL 2004 did create a roster for the Sioux which I edited and then used to create my own team. I used the Dallas Stars' uniforms. Since there was no Sioux logo, I used the $1 milllion dollar bill included in the game's pre-made logos. :lol:

Okay, I'm a geek. :silly:

The makers of the college hockey mod for NHL 2004 did create a roster for the Sioux which I edited and then used to create my own team. I used the Dallas Stars' uniforms. Since there was no Sioux logo, I used the $1 milllion dollar bill included in the game's pre-made logos.  ;) 

Okay, I'm a geek.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're not alone. I create the Sioux every year in EA's NCAA Football. You can get pretty close to the real thing. You could get the exact uniform if they'd ever let you pick the actual logo Notre Dame has on their helmet instead of the leprachaun. Then you play your games in the U of Idaho's stadium which looks similar to the Alerus if you ignore the indoor track. You can pick the right fight song thanks to UND sharing it with Ohio University.

You're not alone. I create the Sioux every year in EA's NCAA Football. You can get pretty close to the real thing. You could get the exact uniform if they'd ever let you pick the actual logo Notre Dame has on their helmet instead of the leprachaun. Then you play your games in the U of Idaho's stadium which looks similar to the Alerus if you ignore the indoor track. You can pick the right fight song thanks to UND sharing it with Ohio University.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I built my own stadium in Grand Forks. Have now played something like 12 seasons and even imported my players into the draft on Madden. ;)

• 1 month later...

I was in Grand Forks this weekend and heard some promising news on Smaby. From a reliable source, he said that Matt Smaby will be back next year and won't be going anywhere the following season as well. So in other words he will be in a Sioux uniform for four years. I hope this is true.

I was in Grand Forks this weekend and heard some promising news on Smaby.  From a reliable source,  he said that Matt Smaby will be back next year and won't be going anywhere the following season as well.  So in other words he will be in a Sioux uniform for four years.  I hope this is true.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was this a reliable source? I heard from a source that Robbie Bina will not be playing this year.

Was this a reliable source? I heard from a source that Robbie Bina will not be playing this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was a current player who I talked with. Also Robbie is hoping he will be cleared by September, if not he will more than likely take a medical red shirt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard the same thing about Robbie, but also that if his mom has anything to say about it he will be waiting a year. Either way that is good news about Smaby. Now if only Greene will be around for another year, that would just make the season for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was in Grand Forks this weekend and heard some promising news on Smaby.  From a reliable source,  he said that Matt Smaby will be back next year and won't be going anywhere the following season as well.  So in other words he will be in a Sioux uniform for four years.  I hope this is true.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am happy to hear that he will be back next year, but I think saying he'll be a four year player right now is a little premature. Tampa Bay has already started pressuring him. Anything can happen between his junior and senior year.

I hope nothing happens so he can finish his four year degree. I LOVE watching Smaby play. I mean, Irman was nearly in tears after Smaby cleaned the wax from Danny's ears. I love that. Smaby reminds me so much of Mike Commodore.

As for Robbie, Sic and I have the same opinion: Any doc who would clear him after an injury like that should be disbarred. He's done until October 2006 minimum.

Any doc who would clear him after an injury like that should be disbarred.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree that the doc should be disbarred. Then he can scrap the law career and concentrate on medicine.