SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches Show. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches and players are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or USCHO. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the written permission of the author.

From Suite 49 sports grill near beautiful Ralph Engelstad Arena, Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman are the hosts with Sioux hockey coach Dave Hakstol and Sioux players Rory McMahon and Matt Greene for a special Frozen Four edition of the Fighting Sioux Coaches

Edited by PCM

THANK YOU MR. MILLER!

That was by far the most enlightening piece of literature I've read today. By far the best recap of the season. It's nice to hear some levity through your typed words. Sounds like the Fighting Sioux are focused and even better yet, know who they are.

There are some true comic gems in there from MG. The two favorite though,

"I don't even know who that guy is." and "I'm a goal scorer"

Matt seems like a great guy. I'll never get over reading on the 'captains page' of the WCHA FF program about his 'favorites'.

For those who may not have seen this, these are Matt's responses: (disclaimer is that all of the other 9 captains had pretty normal serious answers)

Here goes;

Favorite all-time movie: Captain Ron

Favorite all-time TV show: Miami Vice

Favorite Actor: Gary Busey

Ultimate meal: hot dogs and mustard

and the winner is...

Ultimate vacation destination: Italian Moon buffet line ;)

I won't be able to sleep tonight, I'm so pumped ;)

DROP THE PUCK!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutley right!!

I can not wait for next week! Heart starts palpitating just thinking about the Frozen Four.

Great recap PCM!

GO SIOUX!!!

Thanks PCM,

MG: On one guy in particular, it would be nice to get a little payback.

What I would give for a Sioux-Denver championship game with a 4+ Sioux lead in the third. Greene's first fight as a Sioux would be very satisfying. ;)

There were very few people calling for Hakstal's head earlier this season - I guess those idiots were loud enough to get noticed. Yes the Sioux underachieved earlier this year - but I think most realized losing your two leading scorers, and having your third injured most of the year, coupled with a fairly sudden coaching change is a difficult thing to overcome. Hakstal did a great job bringing it all together and IMO deserves coach of the year honors. I'm sure he would rather have his first championship though.

Great recap PCM. Anybody else think that if the Sioux play Denver on Saturday night Denver has no chance. From hearing Matt and Rory's comments about Denver I'd be scared to lace up my skates if I was Denver. I hope this happens because I don't think the Sioux would allow Denver to beat them and Robbie would not let if happen. Bring on the Goofs first!!!

Thanks for the fine job, PCM.

Also, I just want to include part of the comments I made on another thread (the one about from where "this possessed play" was coming). I was going to start a thread of its own, but maybe this is just as appropriate, so a lot of readers will see it. The comments by Matt and Rory should make it plain to everyone how the players really feel about their head coach.

My comments were:

It's easy to sit back anonymously and snipe at a guy. Send him unsigned letters, put up posts under message board nicknames, and shoot your mouth off to your buddies over a few cold ones. How about if all of the so-called "intelligent hockey people" that have been bad-mouthing Hak ever since his hiring, send him a nice congratulatory note and thank him for the way he has helped to continue the great tradition and the classiness of Sioux hockey?

And for a few of those out there (you know who you are)..... apparently, because of your feeling that the job was an "inside deal," you'd better send a thank you to Tim O'Keefe, also.

Oh yeah, you don't have to sign your name, just send it like you did when you were so negative about him. He's got a lot of class and coaching experience. He'll understand.

TH: Matt, you and Paukovich are both Edmonton draft picks. What might happen if you meet up on the ice?

MG: There might be an altercation. It could come to a head.

TH: Should I sit down with some popcorn?

MG: If you’re into popcorn.

I got a chuckle out of this, and I am not really sure why.