FROZEN 4

dj_hoime

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the week off help us or hurt us?

I think it's good for us due to health, but could be a momentum killer. I've watched every game today except for the OSU/Cornell (they are on at like 10:30 ESPNU) and the Sioux looked the best by far.

Does the week off help us or hurt us?

I think it's good for us due to health, but could be a momentum killer.  I've watched every game today except for the OSU/Cornell (they are on at like 10:30 ESPNU) and the Sioux looked the best by far.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

>>>>>

If I am reading things correctly, we don't play until April 7th? Is this accurate?

If so, I wonder if we have a shot at getting Brady back for the big dance??

For what it's worth, I think the Sioux will handle Minnesota or Cornell easily in the first round of the Frozen Four. The second game will be the tough one.

For what it's worth, I think the Sioux will handle Minnesota or Cornell easily in the first round of the Frozen Four.  The second game will be the tough one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey! I'm supposed to be the arrogant one!

Congrats to you Sioux fans you have a team that is playing their best hockey at the most important time. I am so hoping for one more Gophs/Sioux tilt. :D

Who would have believed the Sioux would be in Columbus even a month ago, congratulations to Dave Hakstol and the whole team. Tonight was especially sweet beating big-mouth Jerry York.

I'm curious how everyone feels about the Minnesota-Cornell game tomorrow. As a Red Sox fan, I was torn whether I wanted the Yankees or Twins to win last year's first round series, because while beating NY on the way to the World Series last year was great, losing to them would have been doubly hard to swallow. So, along those lines, who does everyone want to play in the first game of the Frozen Four?

While I'd LOVE to beat the Gophers, losing to them would be a tough way to end the season. Who does everyone else want to face off against?

So, along those lines, who does everyone want to play in the first game of the Frozen Four?

While I'd LOVE to beat the Gophers, losing to them would be a tough way to end the season. Who does everyone else want to face off against?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like to see UND face off with the Gophers. Two great teams and programs fighting for a shot at the title. My guys have to hold up their end of the bargain tomorrow.

Who would have believed the Sioux would be in Columbus even a month ago, congratulations to Dave Hakstol and the whole team. Tonight was especially sweet beating big-mouth Jerry York.

I'm curious how everyone feels about the Minnesota-Cornell game tomorrow. As a Red Sox fan, I was torn whether I wanted the Yankees or Twins to win last year's first round series, because while beating NY on the way to the World Series last year was great, losing to them would have been doubly hard to swallow. So, along those lines, who does everyone want to play in the first game of the Frozen Four?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I say bring on the Dirty Gophers. After them bring on either Rocky Mountain school. It would be sweet for the 5th place Sioux to go through two WCHA schools to get #8 :D

My dream scenario would have the Sioux beating MN and then Denver to win #8.

However, right now MN scares me. Well, they always scare me. Looks like Briggs found his groove, and MN can always score. We'll see if they get by Cornell tomorrow but I bet they do.

Personally, I'm glad the boys will have some time to heal. Maybe Prp can be back at full strength, and all the bruises the boys suffered from blocking shots will be healed up, in addition to Greene's elbow, etc.

The possibility of an all WCHA frozen four is still alive. I will be chearing on the Gophers tomorrow and as much as it pains me I hope Denver wins. I believe the Sioux will get another crack at DU should they win in the semi's. Oh how sweet the revenge would be - for last year, for Robbie, for the final five loss... I'm beginning to hate Denver. Still not nearly as much as Elmer Fudd and the Eagles. How sweet was tonights victory. Enough for my broke ass to spend the night drinking Newcastle's in celebration. Now if only I can find a way to Columbus..

It doesn't matter whom the Sioux have to face, althogh we all still want a total WCHA Frozen Four... We just beat MN last weekend, and Denver only got by us when Adam failed to call a 5-minute major on them! Cornell could win, and DU could lose, which could totally throw my logic off, but why dwell on details? :D

My dream scenario would have the Sioux beating MN and then Denver to win #8.

However, right now MN scares me.  Well, they always scare me.  Looks like Briggs found his groove, and MN can always score.  We'll see if they get by Cornell tomorrow but I bet they do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MN doesn't scare me...We have taken the last two season's match-ups....Nothing to prove on our end. Yesterday's game should/would have ended if U Maine didn't miss that open net in the 3rd. Briggs didn't impress yesterday - Howard did. UND is playing the best hockey in the nation hands down. This weekend proved that. CC/Denver scare me...Denver more than CC given our previous match-ups this year...

Sorry, guys, I prefer to err on the side of caution.  The sooner the Gophers are eliminated, the better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will have to tape the game today, so I can watch who will be UND's next dancing partner. Neither Cornell or UofMN scares me at all, gaudy stats in a second rate league mean nothing to me. I would love for UND to pound on Cornell so we could shut their fans up. We already beat the best team in B.C. I think UND can do some serious damage against CU. The EZAC is a second rate league in my opinion, and when is the last time UND lost against an EZAC team?

But then again what is more fun that whooping UofMN ass.