SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2024-25

cberkas

Carle to BUF and that talented young roster makes too much sense. Carle just seems to connect with that age group. 

Would David consider brother Matt (11 NHL seasons) as an assistant? 

New NIL rules adopted by the NCAA:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2024/04/17_NCAA-Adopts-New-NIL-Rules.php

Under new legislation, schools can officially assist players with NIL opportunities, so long as those players disclose to the school NIL activities valuing more than $600.

The decision must be ratified by the Division I Board of Governors next week.

Moving forward, schools can:

- Identify NIL opportunities and facilitate deals between student-athletes and third parties
- Provide a reasonable grace period to student-athletes who do not report NIL information within 30 days

Devine returning is big for DU after they just lost Broz, S Buium, Behrens, and Rizzo early to the pros. 
I would guess that Z Buium would return as well since he's still so young, but who knows...maybe whoever drafts him will want him in their program right away.

15 hours ago, cberkas said:

Looks like he’s staying at Denver and not taking a NHL job.

Listened to his interview on Chiclets and I hate to say it but it's not going to be easy recruiting and playing against this guy for the next how many years. I could definitely see why kids would want to go play for him. Seemed like a really good dude and his age would certainly be appealing to 18-24 year olds. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Listened to his interview on Chiclets and I hate to say it but it's not going to be easy recruiting and playing against this guy for the next how many years. I could definitely see why kids would want to go play for him. Seemed like a really good dude and his age would certainly be appealing to 18-24 year olds. 

I think the addition of Dillon Simpson will help us with recruiting.

• Upvote 1