SiouxSports.com Forum

2024-25 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

2 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

He was passed his first draft year. It's rare a player gets drafted the 2nd time around. I think he surprised everyone with how great he was. 

This year was also his third year of draft eligibility. So this was the third time he’s been passed over. It was a long shot for sure. 

• Upvote 1

If Livanavage continues to produce, he's got a chance to get signed as a college free agent like Troy Stecher, who is suddenly on the cusp of 500 games played in the NHL. They're almost exactly the same size although Stecher had a pretty big advantage in being RHD while Jake is LHD.

This could be a big year for Jake. I'm guessing that he will quarterback the first power play. He was at 0.76 pts/game last season; is a point-per-game out of reach this season? (There were only four defensemen in college hockey who made the point-per-game threshold last year. I could have named two of them for sure, maybe the third, but I would never have guessed the fourth.)